Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2005, 03:27 AM   #1
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

new car... what to get...

ok..... im getting over my vr6 obbsesion... it came to me that the car (to me) is a little to cute.... im looking for somthing more aggresive... first of all... how much do you think i can sell it for? its a 1997 vr6 glx jetta... leather... all the goodies basicallly.
and second, WHAT SHOULD I GET??? i know i can sell the jetta for at least 7k.... ( i looked at ebay, and saw what they were going for, i may be wrong so please correct me)
i want a car thats maybe around 5k... it needs to be somthing easy to work on with lots of aftermarket support.. and PLEASE a manual transsmision.. i cant stand automatic... no civics, accords, or anything that so many people have already though... i have a few in mind already, but i want other peoples oppinion..
behind_thewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:35 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by behind_thewheel
ok..... im getting over my vr6 obbsesion... it came to me that the car (to me) is a little to cute.... im looking for somthing more aggresive... first of all... how much do you think i can sell it for? its a 1997 vr6 glx jetta... leather... all the goodies basicallly.
and second, WHAT SHOULD I GET??? i know i can sell the jetta for at least 7k.... ( i looked at ebay, and saw what they were going for, i may be wrong so please correct me)
i want a car thats maybe around 5k... it needs to be somthing easy to work on with lots of aftermarket support.. and PLEASE a manual transsmision.. i cant stand automatic... no civics, accords, or anything that so many people have already though... i have a few in mind already, but i want other peoples oppinion..

Dude...you're still in middle school...I wouldn't start yet.

But I'd take an RSX, depending on what you want in a car...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:37 AM   #3
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

im not driving it around town... its mainly just to learn off of...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:37 AM   #4
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Gives us all the specs on the car...

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:40 AM   #5
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Gives us all the specs on the car...

why? i could very well just google it and give them to you... that wouldnt prove anything..... why are you asking anyways?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:42 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
why? i could very well just google it and give them to you... that wouldnt prove anything..... why are you asking anyways?

Not as in 1/4 mile times, and stuff, but dents, and optional features, and aftermarket stuff, etc...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:49 AM   #7
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

OOOO lol... small minor old car dents i dont mind... but nothing major... what i want in aftermarket is pretty much all around... everything major, i dont care about things like accesories. NO it absolutly cant be a base model... i cant deal with that... (i dont know why, im just obsesive over things like that...)
EDIT... i dont want an american company car, it needs to be an import... im not into dommestics.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:51 AM   #8
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

Quote:

i thought you were implying somthing like... NO WAY YOU HAVE THAT CAR... or somthing...
shows my ignorance...

Last edited by behind_thewheel : 10-26-2005 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 AM   #9
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

i was thinking about a datusn 510... theses are my favorite cars EVER... and i see them for sale alot around here... anybody know anything about these cars? (ease of work, drive, realiablity)
Old 10-26-2005, 05:21 AM   #10
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:

Are you legally allowed to drive?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:27 AM   #11
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Your only 13 years old, you still got about three years until you can get your license.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:30 AM   #12
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

OMG i said im NOT driving them... they are just cars to work on and learn off of... thats not illegal is it?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #13
behind_thewheel
CF Newbie

i cant find anything i'd like at the moment... so i guess im sticking with the vr6 for a fiew more months... after all... its not THaT cute is it? lol... i still absolutly love the car... and if i can get my hands on some facial enhancments for the front end... i just might have a car i'd keep forever...
Old 10-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #14
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

jesus christ, you'd consider buying a 5k vehicle for nothing?! what the hell is wrong with you?

how about you grow up first, then think about buying a car, even if it's to "learn off" of.

and all this bullshit about it being NOT a base model, and HAS to have a stick...you admitted yourself that you won't be driving it. WTF.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #15
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
jesus christ, you'd consider buying a 5k vehicle for nothing?! what the hell is wrong with you?

how about you grow up first, then think about buying a car, even if it's to "learn off" of.

and all this bullshit about it being NOT a base model, and HAS to have a stick...you admitted yourself that you won't be driving it. WTF.

He's a typical teenageer. Full of opinions that are carved in stone, and no actual knowledge or experience to base those opinions ON. And at 13 already complaining about a car he already HAS...

If my 13 year old stepson was like that, he wouldn't GET a f*cking car.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote