Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2005, 04:15 AM   #1
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

1995 Mustang Cobra R vs. 1998 Mustang Cobra

I was wondering which of these two would win in a stock vs. stock race. The 1995 Mustang Cobra R there were only 250 made I believe with the 351W 5.8li engine, and of course the 98 Cobra has the 4.6 DOHC engine. As for HP and Torque the 95' has 300 HP and 385 torque! While the 98' has 305 HP and 300 torque. I was wondering who would win in a race.

P.S. (My info may be a little off on the hp and torque but I believe they are right around there.)

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:01 AM   #2
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
I was wondering which of these two would win in a stock vs. stock race. The 1995 Mustang Cobra R there were only 250 made I believe with the 351W 5.8li engine, and of course the 98 Cobra has the 4.6 DOHC engine. As for HP and Torque the 95' has 300 HP and 385 torque! While the 98' has 305 HP and 300 torque. I was wondering who would win in a race.

P.S. (My info may be a little off on the hp and torque but I believe they are right around there.)

if the weight is around the same, then the 95 will spank the hell out of the 98...the torque coming off the line will own the 98.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

The Cobra-R will own the Cobra any day of the week in acceleration, braking, handling, and top speed...Keep in mind, the Cobra-R was built specificly for racing. That's like asking which is faster, the Corvette Z06 or the Corvette Z06 LeMans car.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:57 AM   #4
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick88Tbird
The Cobra-R will own the Cobra any day of the week in acceleration, braking, handling, and top speed...Keep in mind, the Cobra-R was built specificly for racing. That's like asking which is faster, the Corvette Z06 or the Corvette Z06 LeMans car.

True, I was just wondering if the 98' Cobra was superior in any way such as having a 4.6 DOHC engine, although it does not produce as much power or torque stock, it is a higher-revving engine is it not? Also my friend who owns this cobra claims his 4.6li is superior to the 5.4li in the new GT500, because of his engine being smaller and higher revving, he said both supercharged his was superior, I was wondering if there was any truth to this.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 10-29-2005, 02:37 AM   #5
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
True, I was just wondering if the 98' Cobra was superior in any way such as having a 4.6 DOHC engine, although it does not produce as much power or torque stock, it is a higher-revving engine is it not? Also my friend who owns this cobra claims his 4.6li is superior to the 5.4li in the new GT500, because of his engine being smaller and higher revving, he said both supercharged his was superior, I was wondering if there was any truth to this.

High revving only creates more horsepower. This shows on the spec sheet. The more torque you have, the more horsepower you have. So obviously, if the car's specs say it has higher horsepower, its better.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #6
Sick88Tbird

Well, tell your friend that they did make a factory supercharged 4.6 DOHC..it was the '03-'04 cobra. It was rated at 390hp and would put about 380 to the wheels on a good day. The Ford GT is rated at 550hp. With a blower/fuel system upgrade the '03-'04 Cobra's can easily produce in excess of 600rwhp. But then again, who's to say the GT won't make in excess of 700rwhp with a blower upgrade?

Looks like you're friend has the import mentality. Also, the GT's 5.4 block is much lighter than the Corbra's 4.6 block because the GT uses aluminum instead of cast iron.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Well, tell your friend that they did make a factory supercharged 4.6 DOHC..it was the '03-'04 cobra. It was rated at 390hp and would put about 380 to the wheels on a good day. The Ford GT is rated at 550hp. With a blower/fuel system upgrade the '03-'04 Cobra's can easily produce in excess of 600rwhp. But then again, who's to say the GT won't make in excess of 700rwhp with a blower upgrade?

Looks like you're friend has the import mentality. Also, the GT's 5.4 block is much lighter than the Corbra's 4.6 block because the GT uses aluminum instead of cast iron.

Yes he is aware of that, he wanted an 03' but couldn't afford it. And I see what your saying exactly.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:37 AM   #8
Sick88Tbird

The aluminum 5.4 GT block also has 6-bolt mains instead of the Cobra 4.6's 4-bolt mains. That's just downright crazy...good luck tryin to destroy that bottom end.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #9
IwantaSti
CF Newbie

But why would you want to own a mustang..even if it is a cobra r..there pieces of shit
IwantaSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:22 PM   #10
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantaSti
But why would you want to own a mustang..even if it is a cobra r..there pieces of shit

not another one....

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:27 PM   #11
Sick88Tbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantaSti

You're a piece of shit you post-whoring douche-bag. Nobody wants to hear your crap.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:36 AM   #12
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
You're a piece of shit you post-whoring douche-bag. Nobody wants to hear your crap.

[img=http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/4624/owned4zh.png]

Old 11-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #13
21Bravo
CF Newbie

i know that mother ****ing ricer isnt running his mouth...b/c if we really wanna talk p.o.s. has a rice burner ever beaten a lingenfelter 427tt and stock for stock can that sti beat the cobra r??? i dont ****ing think so... take your hopes and dreams some where else bitch.
21Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #14
adamc44
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantaSti

only after 2 years, then majority do seem to fall apart.

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:57 PM   #15
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc44
only after 2 years, then majority do seem to fall apart.

Please tell me what knowledge you base this off of.