Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2005, 11:59 PM   #16
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I don't get the cut 'n paste thing ChrisV? He provided all the info and it isn't hard to work out the rest.

You said, "remind me not to buy a cam from you" due to the typo. And I replied that if I were selling them, I could just to cut 'n paste from a manufacturer's site. No typos leading one to believe there was a 4" lift.

I realize our dialects are different, and all, but I didn't think it was THAT hard to understand me...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #17
Wally
I Know More Than You

Misunderstood you.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #18
Nathan
CF Newbie

Thanks For Info

I know this probably isn't what you need but this is all i remember and the place where i had my motor work done has closed. But the only head work i can remember having done is just having my stock heads re-done but i know they installed new seats and guides basic valve job no port and polishing.Not sure on valve size or spring rate, but i will look into it. I am running an edelbrock performer intake, hooker headers,650cfm holley carb. Hope this helps thanks again.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #19
glagon1979
daddy x3

i bought a vortec head kit for my 350 from PACE PARTS and it made a noticable difference. the kit cost like $800(2 years ago) and worth every penny. the only problem with those heads is they are center bolt and they require a special manifold due to the way its bolted down. the vortec head is a higher compression head and they flow so much better than the conventional 350 head from the late 70's and early 80's.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:33 AM   #20
Wally
I Know More Than You

There's two things a person cannot escape when on a GM,Ford or Mopar site :

1st is the word "flow":-

"my head flows 600cfm", "my $2000 Berylium Alloy MagnaFlux Jnr heads with Depleted Uranium Sodium Filled Poly Angled Valves that flow 400 hp each", "etc, etc".

2nd is the bull twang power figures that defy the laws of physics. But then again who's going to admit they wasted a shipload of money on a car engine that still only gets them into grandad 12's.

Forget the heads, extractors, tunnel rams, etc just make the diff shorter for a top speed of 80mph, but a hell of a great launch vehicle at the lights.