Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #16
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
what neon? all i see is this:

You must be the wiseguy on the forum. Il have to keep my eyes open in case you say something stupid, and then I can treat you the same way you treat me.
420amodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:27 PM   #17
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

That is rice, whether you call it a "show car" or not. Its rice. And hideous rice on top of that. I dont like the "lets throw as obnoxious colors on a car as we can then give it a body kit that makes it look like it been threw a grinder of some sort" mentality.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #18
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
That is rice, whether you call it a "show car" or not. Its rice. And hideous rice on top of that. I dont like the "lets throw as obnoxious colors on a car as we can then give it a body kit that makes it look like it been threw a grinder of some sort" mentality.
Well he liked it, and you dont, so there really isnt much to argue about. And why did 6000LE get banned? What does that mean anyway?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #19
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420amodder
Well he liked it, and you dont, so there really isnt much to argue about. And why did 6000LE get banned? What does that mean anyway?

Banned means he cant post here anymore. The admins have graced us.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:37 PM   #20
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

He's finally banned? Wow, took long enough.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #21
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27

Rice is making your car look like a race car and acting like it's faster than anything, even though the powerplant is still a stock base level engine with automatic and some colored sparkplug wires.
if youcan't figure out the differnce between that and modded show cars (with turbo no less) then you dont' know as much about cars as you think you do.

Or are you like our dear, departed Oomba, and are ready to call '50s and '60s customs "rice" as well?

Seriously, I was part of the web board and site that created the riceboy term AND started the anti-rice website trend. I think I know what "rice" is.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:32 PM   #22
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Alright...I'm not bashing the car...don't like it, but you can see lots of work has went into it...and still probably the best Neon that I have seen.

I think 6000LE was banned because of his ad, and post/thread whoring...
Old 11-01-2005, 10:32 PM   #23
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Rice is making your car look like a race car and acting like it's faster than anything, even though the powerplant is still a stock base level engine with automatic and some colored sparkplug wires.
if youcan't figure out the differnce between that and modded show cars (with turbo no less) then you dont' know as much about cars as you think you do.

Or are you like our dear, departed Oomba, and are ready to call '50s and '60s customs "rice" as well?

Seriously, I was part of the web board and site that created the riceboy term AND started the anti-rice website trend. I think I know what "rice" is.
I do apologise.... I understand where you're coming from. My original post stemmed from 6000LE's big "rice" bashing post from earlier, where he got a bunch of similar cars and bagged them. Then he comes out with this one and says it's good ... basically because it's a neon.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #24
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
I do apologise.... I understand where you're coming from. My original post stemmed from 6000LE's big "rice" bashing post from earlier, where he got a bunch of similar cars and bagged them. Then he comes out with this one and says it's good ... basically because it's a neon.
Can you link me to the other thread he started?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:48 PM   #25
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

You'll also note, that NOWHERE did I say it was an attractive car, merely that it wasn't "rice." Just clarifying.

Again, I find the incessant need to insult cars just because they weren't done the way the person doing the insulting wants to build a car, to be inane and ridiculous, tiresonme, and sooo last decade.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 11-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #26
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420amodder
Can you link me to the other thread he started?
http://car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17218
There you go ^^.
torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #27
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
You'll also note, that NOWHERE did I say it was an attractive car, merely that it wasn't "rice." Just clarifying.

Again, I find the incessant need to insult cars just because they weren't done the way the person doing the insulting wants to build a car, to be inane and ridiculous, tiresonme, and sooo last decade.
I understand ... and I think you'll find that I never said it was either attractive or otherwise (fingers crossed anyway, I say some silly stuff).
I probably used the term ricey out of context for ease of use. I'm pretty sure that I never passed judgement on either this car of the ones in the other thread. I merely pointed out that he hated one lot of "heavily modified" cars (good compromise?) and then loved another one. It seemed to me that the most likely reason he liked this one is because it was a Neon, and he owns a Neon, so he could relate to it, whereas the others he couldn't relate to, thus took the age-old tack of disliking something because it's different.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #28
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinoman80
Dont like them. Maybe its just that the neon looks better to me because I own one.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #29
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

It's not rice but it sure is fugly.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #30
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
I understand ... and I think you'll find that I never said it was either attractive or otherwise (fingers crossed anyway, I say some silly stuff).

And I never singled you out. In fact, I singled out PontiacFan27 for arguing about the definition of Rice.

www.midatlantic7s.com