Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 AM   #61
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Like what? A huge shift light for a stock automatic? A fake intercooler or BOV sound? Stickers for products he doesn't have? A 5 inch exhaust tip on a 1 1/2 inch exhaust pipe? I see none of that.

Custom colors and custom bodywork is not in and of itself rice, even if YOU don't like the way it's done. PERIOD. And mods done fopr purely cosmetic reasons are not rice, either, otherwise THIS is rice:

1951 mercury, with '52 Olds grille, '53 Buick side trim, Pacakrd taillights, chopped top, shaved handles, lowered, Caddy hubcaps, etc.

Is this rice?

Like the Hirohata merc I pictured above, the mods are done for aesthetics, not performance, right? So it MUST be rice?

Please, take a moment and actually learn something instead of going through your young life forming quick opinions based on limited actual experience.

No, but I dont see 20" spinners and a 4' tall wing on it, either. Ooh, lets get a body kit on it to, because thats not rice.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:01 AM   #62
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
No company is rice. No color is rice. But when applied in a ricey way its rice.

RICEY? Again, does it pretend to be a race car with stickers for products it doesn't have and fake performance parts (like fake intercoolers, exhaust, etc)? If not, then it's NOT DONE in a "RICEY" manner!!!!

Quote:
So you can honestly say big wings, awful body kits, and lambo doors on a civic/neon/cavvy arent rice? That sir, makes you one dumb ****.

No it makes YOU the ignorant, inexperienced POS. Body kits aren't rice, even if ugly. Lambo doors are custom parts, just like the custom patrts on those '50s cars And FWD cars can use wings, but custom showcars don't have to justify it, any more than those '50s cars had to justify lowering..

Why doesn't it physically hurt to be as ignorant and as hateful as you are?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:03 AM   #63
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
No, but I dont see 20" spinners and a 4' tall wing on it, either. Ooh, lets get a body kit on it to, because thats not rice.

What part of being a FAKE performance/race car is flying over your uninformed head? How the f*ck old ARE you, anyhow? Yuo sound like a 12 year old, or a 20 year old that grew up on the back roads of left bumf*ck.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 11-02-2005, 01:04 AM   #64
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Looks to me like the car in your sig has some bodykit.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:06 AM   #65
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
Looks to me like the car in your sig has some bodykit.

And fake scoops. And a spoiler that doesn't actually do anything at the speeds it was capable of in stock form.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 11-02-2005, 01:32 AM   #66
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
No company is rice. No color is rice. But when applied in a ricey way its rice.

So you can honestly say big wings, awful body kits, and lambo doors on a civic/neon/cavvy arent rice? That sir, makes you one dumb ****.

Thats your definition of rice; my definition of rice can be anything. Hell, it could be a pair of fuzzy dice hanging off the rearview mirror.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:40 AM   #67
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

If i'm not mistaken though, aren't all those things on that car parts that came stock? I'm not saying anything about what's right and what's wrong in the world or 'Rice & Customs' cause not everyone will ever agree. I dont really judge cars based on looks or the person who owns them, i just appreciate what they are, why there here and what can be done with them. You should respect what someone does to their car, evem if it isn't something you'd to to your own, their just trying to have something different then everyone elses 'stock' car.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #68
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
If i'm not mistaken though, aren't all those things on that car parts that came stock? I'm not saying anything about what's right and what's wrong in the world or 'Rice & Customs' cause not everyone will ever agree. I dont really judge cars based on looks or the person who owns them, i just appreciate what they are, why there here and what can be done with them. You should respect what someone does to their car, evem if it isn't something you'd to to your own, their just trying to have something different then everyone elses 'stock' car.
well said
420amodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:53 AM   #69
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Yes they are but I think the point that Chris is trying to make is they're still fake whether GM or Joe down the street installed them. If Honda sold a model of Civic that came with 25 different stickers on it, a 4" fart cannon, a big old park bench on the back and a cracked unpainted body kit, would that not be rice because it was sold that way. I think it would be.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:53 AM   #70
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And fake scoops. And a spoiler that doesn't actually do anything at the speeds it was capable of in stock form.

Fake scoops? Are you joking? I guess you would prefer I didnt have a carb then, cause the ****er sure aint gonna fit without that. And I guess the 200 hp engine couldn't get enough speeds where air effects it, but you say a giant non-functional wing on a fwd slow civic or something makes perfect sense. Right..
Old 11-02-2005, 01:58 AM   #71
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yes they are but I think the point that Chris is trying to make is they're still fake whether GM or Joe down the street installed them. If Honda sold a model of Civic that came with 25 different stickers on it, a 4" fart cannon, a big old park bench on the back and a cracked unpainted body kit, would that not be rice because it was sold that way. I think it would be.

Okay, i wasn't too specific. It's okay to a point, and of course it doesn't make a difference (although some people make it seem that way). Maybe Honda should start selling cars like you just described, people are gonna spend money making them that way (not being serious there).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:06 AM   #72
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

I don't mind tasteful modifications, like lip kits or little spoilers. But how anyone can think that Neon or the civic you posted is mind boggling. It looks like shit. Like a toddler with epilepsy was given play-doh and molded his dream car, then sharpened the edges to make it look "sick" and "extreme".
Old 11-02-2005, 02:10 AM   #73
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Fake scoops? Are you joking? I guess you would prefer I didnt have a carb then, cause the ****er sure aint gonna fit without that. And I guess the 200 hp engine couldn't get enough speeds where air effects it, but you say a giant non-functional wing on a fwd slow civic or something makes perfect sense. Right..
1. How does the Quadra-Jet fit under the hood of non-TA Fireturds that have no shaker scoop? Just fine, that's how.

2. Take a look at the front fenders on "your" car. Tell me what those are and what their purpose is.

And in response to your first post on these forums;

Quote:
Hey there everyone. Just stopping by to leave my knowledge and possibly pick some up along the way.
I think you left your knowledge somewhere else because it sure isn't here. And you'll never pick any up here because you already think you know more than all of us combined.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-02-2005, 02:11 AM   #74
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I don't mind tasteful modifications, like lip kits or little spoilers. But how anyone can think that Neon or the civic you posted is mind boggling. It looks like shit. Like a toddler with epilepsy was given play-doh and molded his dream car, then sharpened the edges to make it look "sick" and "extreme".
You finally said something that makes sense. If you keep it up people will change their perception of you.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:10 AM   #75
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
So you were. You must also be saying that meanings of words dont change. Well I'm so gay to hear this, gayer then when my maidenhead was taken away.

PS, any car can be rice. Even by your definition.

Man when I saw you were new here I gave your the benefit of the doubt for being an ignorant @$$ but man has that changed. Seems like every post of yours I read you become more and more idiotic. Young and Dumb, as some might say, is a term that PERFECTLY describes you.

Had to fix your post to make it more accurate vwhobo, hope you don't mind.

Quote:
You finally said something that makes sense. If you keep it up there's a slim chance in hell people will change their perception of you.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."

Last edited by Pythias : 11-02-2005 at 03:17 AM.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote