Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Interesting?

If 6000LE gets banned for "not getting along with others" and what not, why haven't I got banned yet, Bav?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
If 6000LE gets banned for "not getting along with others" and what not, why haven't I got banned yet, Bav?
How do you know that's what he got banned for?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
How do you know that's what he got banned for?
Well he also got banned for advertising and apparently as he told me "being a little bit incompetent with other members."
Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra

Umm.. you were banned once, Steven.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #5
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Umm.. you were banned once, Steven.
Twice
Old 11-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #6
420amodder
Banned

Because I talk to Steve through Instant messengers. I think its wrong because I never said that this forum sucks. Matter of fact, I even said "P.S. I still like CarForums better! " as most of you can recall. Secondly I took down my link that was linking to another forum. And thirdly, what do you mean that I dont get along with others? I know noone on this forum likes me, but that doesnt mean that we dont get along. I have respect for you Bav, but this is just not fair.
420amodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420amodder
Because I talk to Steve through Instant messengers. I think its wrong because I never said that this forum sucks. Matter of fact, I even said "P.S. I still like CarForums better! " as most of you can recall. Secondly I took down my link that was linking to another forum. And thirdly, what do you mean that I dont get along with others? I know noone on this forum likes me, but that doesnt mean that we dont get along. I have respect for you Bav, but this is just not fair.
So you've now openly admitted that you were banned and came back under another name. I'm quite sure that in itself is a violation of the forums rules which is punishable by... being banned. I can't wait till a mod reads this one. What's the old saying about loose lips?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-03-2005, 08:47 PM   #8
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
So you've now openly admitted that you were banned and came back under another name. I'm quite sure that in itself is a violation of the forums rules which is punishable by... being banned. I can't wait till a mod reads this one. What's the old saying about loose lips?
Cliffy and Bav both know that I am 6000LE because I have been mesaging them for the past 2 days and telling them what BS it is that I got banned 1. with no warning 2. got accused of calling this a BS forum (oomba did that not me) and 3. not getting along with others (this I will agree with on a level.)
Old 11-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

Nope. No rule about that: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3388

I'ts a problem I deal with over on another forum I'm a mod on. Some people seriously abuse teh anonymity of the web this way, and sign up with the specific intent of being antisocial. For those, we have IP bans. hell, on one board, we simply blocked anyone from AOL from signing up...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
420amodder
Banned

Quote:

I'ts a problem I deal with over on another forum I'm a mod on. Some people seriously abuse teh anonymity of the web this way, and sign up with the specific intent of being antisocial. For those, we have IP bans. hell, on one board, we simply blocked anyone from AOL from signing up...
Old 11-03-2005, 08:56 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

Okay. We used to do IP bans here but that must not be the case now. I don't care that he's here, I was pointing out the fact that as the rules used to be he was cutting his own throat.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #12
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
Okay. We used to do IP bans here but that must not be the case now. I don't care that he's here, I was pointing out the fact that as the rules used to be he was cutting his own throat.
Its just rediculous how I got banned with no warning whatsoever.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420amodder
Its just rediculous how I got banned with no warning whatsoever.
From what I've seen I think you had plenty of warning, maybe not official, but plenty of warning just the same. I'm still trying to figure out the new regime but the MO hasn't really changed.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #14
420amodder
Banned

Quote:
From what I've seen I think you had plenty of warning, maybe not official, but plenty of warning just the same. I'm still trying to figure out the new regime but the MO hasn't really changed.
And I took the link down too.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I think we can still ban an IP....but as I cant personally ban people, only Bav, Satty and UFF know that for sure.

As for your ban, 6000LE....I'm still not sure of the in's and out's of it, but if Bav sees it fit....I'm afraid I dont have much say in it

As for the Rules. I think that if a banned member wants to come back with a new account, a fresh start if you like, he should be givenm the opertunity. However, if he causes trouble....that's when we should enforce the IP ban (if possible)...IMO

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote