Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
xlrated
Banned

Talking You decide

I need feeedback on which car is better, the Pontiac Firebird, or the Chevy Camaro. If hooked up with all the bells and whistles, they are good competition, trust me, they really are. But, some say the camaro is a piece of crap? Is this true, or are they dissing it for no good reason?
xlrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrated
I need feeedback on which car is better, the Pontiac Firebird, or the Chevy Camaro. If hooked up with all the bells and whistles, they are good competition, trust me, they really are. But, some say the camaro is a piece of crap? Is this true, or are they dissing it for no good reason?

They are the SAME cars. It's the same F-Body with basically different sheet metal. The Firebird might handle SLIGHTLY better but that's the biggest difference between the two performance wise. They have the same exact engines (4th gen speaking) so they will perform the same. It really just mor eof, do you like the look of the Firebird or Camaro more.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
They are the SAME cars. It's the same F-Body with basically different sheet metal. The Firebird might handle SLIGHTLY better but that's the biggest difference between the two performance wise. They have the same exact engines (4th gen speaking) so they will perform the same. It really just mor eof, do you like the look of the Firebird or Camaro more.
What do you mean their the same car?!? One's a Chivee and one's a Tin Indian. Completely different cars... Except that they share about 99% of they're part content and were built on the same assembly line. Other than those two things, you're talking apples and oranges.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
What do you mean their the same car?!? One's a Chivee and one's a Tin Indian. Completely different cars... Except that they share about 99% of they're part content and were built on the same assembly line. Other than those two things, you're talking apples and oranges.

Not even two fruits, maybe pineapples to brussel sprouts!

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Not even two fruits, maybe pineapples to brussel sprouts!
Sorry, I just had to say that. I had a guy get in my face and tell me that a couple weeks ago at a car show. He insisted his Fireturd didn't have any Chevy parts and that Chevy copied the body style. I bet he post's on this forum too.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Sorry, I just had to say that. I had a guy get in my face and tell me that a couple weeks ago at a car show. He insisted his Fireturd didn't have any Chevy parts and that Chevy copied the body style. I bet he post's on this forum too.

lol! It always amazes me how little the actual car owners seem to know about their own cars.

Had a guy insist that his '59 AC Cobra was all original, right down to the 289 and FIA flares. "It was before Shelby put his name on them." he said pointing to the original AC number plate on the firewall.

Yeah, and before Ford even started producing the 221cid small block v8, much less the 260 and 289... Never mind that the FIA flares were the prototypes for the 427 cars and not even introduced until late '64...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote