Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
xlrated
Banned

Thumbs up Cars are my lifestyle

How many people can live without a car? They are an important part of my life. Ever since I got my first car around the year 2002, I have felt what no other man, has felt before: total control. The grip of the steering wheel, and the gas pedal waiting to be stomped at your orders only. What a rush it is when you are on the streets, with the convertible top down, and the crisp, moist air blowing on the side of your cheek. The roar of your engine and the growl of your muffler is the most beautiful sound on the road that you will hear. Or how about when you put the windows down, turn up the stereo system it took you months to achieve? Do you feel any different than if you pumped the stereo at home? I believe not. A person's car is more than a finely engineered piece of machinery, it is the lifestyle of the owner. As you notice on the road, there are many types of cars out there ( sedans, station wagons, coupes, trucks, and the like) but not one is completely the same, not even with the same car. There is at least one difference in your car that makes it, well, YOU! There are so many options you can do with your car. My friends prefer the classic impalas and add hyraulics wired to 10 switches, while my uncle prefers the same car but in a form of a hot rod. Believe me, you can tell a lot on an individual by looking at their car. Does he love music? Is he clean? Is he responsible? Does he prefer luxury or is he strictly in for function? Is he rich? (and she) There are many questions you can answer if you take the time to meditate. And if you ever drove different cars in your life, you will realize that some cars wern't meant for you, while to others it is fine. For instance, my car says lots about me. It tells me that I love loud music, and I am very passionate, yet a war hero. That is why my car is painted gloss red: the colr of war and love. It also tells me that I am a clean person, my car is spotless! Unfortunalty, we take for granted that we have cars in the first place. Would you imagine a world without no transportation? (Of course, I also take in mind trucks too, I love trucks) How can we be able to cherish all the little things in life without a car. I treat my car like a lady, yet most car lovers do! I just love washing my car. Looking at the crystal clear reflection of me through that imprresive paint job, tells me it is all worth it. Don't be like those people who prefer to ride someway else; if you have a car, then treat it right: it's your lifestyle. It doesn't matter if you have a Ferrari Enzo, a lamborghini Murcialago, or a beat-up worthless exploding Ford Pinto, it is your ride! You ride your vehicle, don't let you car ride you! What does the car say about you?
xlrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
glagon1979
daddy x3

wow, that was a long one
Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrated
Ever since I got my first car around the year 2002, I have felt what no other man, has felt before: total control.

really? No other man has felt that before? Yo're the ONLY one to ever get in a car and feel that way? I think what you meant to say was this:

Quote:
Ever since I got my first car around the year 2002, I have felt what I never felt before: total control.

If you feel that way just BUYING a car, wait until you build one or rebuild one from the ground up.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
If you feel that way just BUYING a car, wait until you build one or rebuild one from the ground up.
while sweating and getting backaches and your wrists hurt from using the damn ratchet so much and getting all greasy.....

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #5
xlrated
Banned

Quote:
really? No other man has felt that before? Yo're the ONLY one to ever get in a car and feel that way? I think what you meant to say was this:

I have. ANd I know it takes lots of labor and patience. Don't school me on building cars, I am myself an assistant mechanic for my uncle's collision shop where we rebuild whole engines and repair major damages And yes, I did meant to say, "what I have never felt before"
Old 11-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #6
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
I have. ANd I know it takes lots of labor and patience. Don't school me on building cars, I am myself an assistant mechanic for my uncle's collision shop where we rebuild whole engines and repair major damages And yes, I did meant to say, "what I have never felt before"
oh no you didn't.... u just had to go ahead and say something that's gonna piss him off eh?

Old 11-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #7
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Did it ever occur to you that some people may not feel the same way about cars as you? Good for you that you feel that way about your car but who are you to tell other people how to feel about their cars?

And what's with the " " to ChrisV for? Calm down dude, he wasn't dissing you just questioning some of the stuff that YOU wrote. (in a large hard to read block of text that is.)

Ok, you can reply now and give me my " ".

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #8
xlrated
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
Did it ever occur to you that some people may not feel the same way about cars as you? Good for you that you feel that way about your car but who are you to tell other people how to feel about their cars?

And what's with the " " to ChrisV for? Calm down dude, he wasn't dissing you just questioning some of the stuff that YOU wrote. (in a large hard to read block of text that is.)

Ok, you can reply now and give me my " ".

At your command: . I do know that some people may not feel the same way I do. then again, lots of people post things that other people won't care about. Even this.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
At your command: . I do know that some people may not feel the same way I do. then again, lots of people post things that other people won't care about. Even this.
Yes, that's it. Now dance for me fruitcake. Dance! ! !

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quite being an ass?

I wasn't yelling at you or telling you you were stupid. If YOU read your line, it sounded pretty messed up, like you were the only one who ever experienced it.

And the second line was serious. If you feel that way about a car you merely purchased, imagin how much more you're going to feeel when you drive a car YOU yourself rebuilt from the ground up. Not just control, or pride of purchase, but pride of accomplishment. I wasn't being an ass, I was expanding on your statement.

So quit whining and acting like a bitch.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #11
Sgt. Pepper
CF Enthusiast

He lost me after the first sentence

Sgt. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #12
Inygknok
El del Supra

i didnt even bother reading any of it

Old 11-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #13
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

WHAT?! cars as a lifestyle? thats PREPOSTEROUS!!

no one could like cars THAT much... it's just unheard of.

next you'll tell me they're seeing which car can go the fastest around a closed road (and that they give it a name... like "track")... oh the things i see... i could write a diary and pass it off as fiction! PURE fiction!!

another thing wrong with this sentence:
" Ever since I got my first car around the year 2002, I have felt what no other man, has felt before: total control."

no comma after "man." read it outloud and pause after saying "man."

oh, and sgt. pepper, he lost me after i saw it was a giant block of text.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
xlrated
Banned

Talking Wtf?!

Quote:

And the second line was serious. If you feel that way about a car you merely purchased, imagin how much more you're going to feeel when you drive a car YOU yourself rebuilt from the ground up. Not just control, or pride of purchase, but pride of accomplishment. I wasn't being an ass, I was expanding on your statement.

So quit whining and acting like a bitch.

Listen, I have driven many cars before, but owning one for my self has been a different experiece. I had to ride my bicycle 4 miles every day for one year to go to my uncle's workshop. I knew how to do my work. Just because I did not own a car at the time, did not mean that I never knew how to rebuild one. I have 13 years experiece in racing, and don't act like you know everything even though you might have more experience than me in the matter. What differecne does it make that I love cars. Some people might not even care, not even you. Also, I am not whining. I think the big baby is you. You can't stop curling your fingers on the keyboard, without letting out your feelings about something. With all due respect, you at times, seem to be more of a child than a car fan since you and other people seem to be offended by this ! It seems like you guys don't know what to do with your lives, except sit on your fat asses and type remarks and criticise everyone that you disagree with. I love cars, and no one is going to change that. Bring it on! Okay, you can reply now. Oh, P.S.:
Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #15
xlrated
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d

another thing wrong with this sentence:
" Ever since I got my first car around the year 2002, I have felt what no other man, has felt before: total control."

no comma after "man." read it outloud and pause after saying "man."

oh, and sgt. pepper, he lost me after i saw it was a giant block of text.
Stupid, it was for emphasis