Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
ltbspruce
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
Help with Front Brake Caliper

Trying to remove the front brake caliper on a 92 Buick Regal. Just purchased the car and need to get a kink out of the brake hose. Are the bolts left hand threaded? I can't seem to budge the hex nuts even with a breaker bar. Any suggestions? I have sprayed them many times with PB Blaster but i don't want to get it on the rotor or pads.
ltbspruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:40 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
.
.
I know you didn't mean to jump into a "room" and ask a question without saying "hello" in the Introduce Yourself thread...right?

Welcome nonetheless.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #3
ltbspruce
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
Cool Hello all

Sorry to be impolite. I was born the son of an auto worker in the 1950's and have woked with him on mant cars as I grew up, yada, yada, yada. I just purchased this 92 Buick for my teenager to drive but it needed a little work to pass inspection.

LTB Spruce
ltbspruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:03 PM   #4
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
That's your introduction? "yada yada yada??" ...done in this room and not IY. Seems more like a mock to the request to me. We're a....friendly bunch, but damnation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbspruce
Sorry to be impolite. I was born the son of an auto worker in the 1950's and have woked with him on mant cars as I grew up, yada, yada, yada. I just purchased this 92 Buick for my teenager to drive but it needed a little work to pass inspection.

LTB Spruce
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
ltbspruce
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
Cool

Nah, didn't think you wanted to hear my life story here in this list. Just wanted you to know that I am not some uppie who can't fix my car 'cause it's broke. I am one of many unemployed americans trying to save some dough and keep my family intact.

LTB Spruce
ltbspruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #6
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
I understand that......trust me I do everything I can for myself for as long as I can. No worries there.. You got that caliper off yet. I am not havnig luck finding a schematic of that calliper. Do the bolts that hodl it on have a torque bit head, an allen-like head or are they regular hex driven ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbspruce
Nah, didn't think you wanted to hear my life story here in this list. Just wanted you to know that I am not some uppie who can't fix my car 'cause it's broke. I am one of many unemployed americans trying to save some dough and keep my family intact.

LTB Spruce
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:50 PM   #7
ltbspruce
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks, I was searching for a diagram but I couldn't find one either. I need to get a book. I finally got the bolts loose. It ended up being a regular hex head bolt with a rubber boot between the caliper and the caliper frame. Never had a front wheel drive before and it scared me when the rotor just slid off after the caliper came off
LTB Spruce
ltbspruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:45 PM   #8
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Oh yeah, I love those......easiest kind to work on when the rotor is that easy to get off. Glad you got it taken care of!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbspruce
Thanks, I was searching for a diagram but I couldn't find one either. I need to get a book. I finally got the bolts loose. It ended up being a regular hex head bolt with a rubber boot between the caliper and the caliper frame. Never had a front wheel drive before and it scared me when the rotor just slid off after the caliper came off
LTB Spruce
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.