Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #16
ngluvakov(euro)
CF Enthusiast

Then, there is no need for you to waste any more time to post any reply to this thread.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngluvakov(euro)
Then, there is no need for you to waste any more time to post any reply to this thread.
Okay, then you're the thought and action police now. I thought that went away with the Berlin wall.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #18
ngluvakov(euro)
CF Enthusiast

Old 11-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I didn't hurt your feelings now, did I? I reserve the right to post my reaction at any time.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #20
ngluvakov(euro)
CF Enthusiast

You have not, but I do not like that instead putting some more interesting thread, you keep taking too lightly mine and put your point of view as others’ too.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:48 PM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
You have not, but I do not like that instead putting some more interesting thread, you keep taking too lightly mine and put your point of view as others’ too.
I'm taking your thread too lightly? This isn't about a death in your family or suicide or a world war. It's one of 18,00 threads in a car forum about a car that nobody seems to care much about... Except you of course. I don't need to get more serious, you need to lighten up. A bunch.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:30 PM   #22
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

The point of this thread, hobo, was that he had been hearing a bunch about the VW Ecoracer, and wanted our thoughts on it, what we had heard or what we knew, before giving his. Pretty common on car forums worldwide.

Certainly not enough reason to chew his ass out about it. Thre are a lot of posts on her that have deserved it, but this one was pretty straightforward.

And I hadn't heard anything about the car yet, and have been in Philly all day for a contract kickoff meeting. Otherwise I might have responded sooner.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #23
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
The point of this thread, hobo, was that he had been hearing a bunch about the VW Ecoracer, and wanted our thoughts on it, what we had heard or what we knew, before giving his. Pretty common on car forums worldwide.

Certainly not enough reason to chew his ass out about it. Thre are a lot of posts on her that have deserved it, but this one was pretty straightforward.

And I hadn't heard anything about the car yet, and have been in Philly all day for a contract kickoff meeting. Otherwise I might have responded sooner.
It was unveiled in China last month, typical VW exercise. Light, small, diesel, this one is kinda flashy looking. Great practice for design and engineering, possibly a good car for European conditions, we'll never see it here.

Speaking of VW, did you see how much a Passat costs these days? Holy snot!

Old 11-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #24
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

just a bit under $30k for the higher model 05's. is that lower then you'd expect?
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:10 PM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
just a bit under $30k for the higher model 05's. is that lower then you'd expect?
Obviously you don't read magazines or look in dealers. Take a look at Car & Driver and see how far off you are. Under $30k my big old hairy butt.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #26
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Speaking of VW, did you see how much a Passat costs these days? Holy snot!

Yeah. Nice cars but I think VW did the wrong thing by trying to go upmarket with everything. At least, it's wrong as long as they keep Seat and Skoda out of the US to fill the void.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #27
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Yeah. Nice cars but I think VW did the wrong thing by trying to go upmarket with everything. At least, it's wrong as long as they keep Seat and Skoda out of the US to fill the void.
Ya. Thats what I thought. I mean the Passat is now really nice and really big. If I had a choice for a $40k Passat or a $40k A6 Id take the Audi. (Prolly just for name though, jp. I really like the styling too.) They also upscaled the Jetta too, I just kinda wonder what this will all do in the long run.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:36 AM   #28
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Obviously you don't read magazines or look in dealers. Take a look at Car & Driver and see how far off you are. Under $30k my big old hairy butt.
mmmmm, but i said '05 models. not the '06 model. i thought "these days" ment these past few months... meaning the passat model that was already out.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote