Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
karburator
CF Spain HQ

Accident: Nitrate explosion makes a 15ft. depth crater

It happened today about 2:00 pm (local hour) at 50 miles of my city. A car collided with a truck carrying nitrates. After that the truck exploded and made a 15 feet depth crater. The truck and some vehicles have been completely destroyed, desintegrated. It's been a miracle that the truck driver is still alive. He jumped off the truck just after the collision. He is at the hospital with light hurts.

The explosion could be heard from distances over 25 km (about 15 miles)

I use to drive trough that road (National Route N-234) and I still can't believe what happened.

It could be more serious, 'cause there's a little town at 3 miles from the accident.

pd: please, would anybody correct my grammar? Thx

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by karburator
It happened today about 2:00 pm (local hour) at 50 miles of my city. A car collided with a truck carrying nitrates. After that the truck exploded and made a 15 feet depth crater. The truck and some vehicles have been completely destroyed, desintegrated. It's been a miracle that the truck driver is still alive. He jumped off the truck just after the collision. He is at the hospital with light hurts.

The explosion could be heard from distances over 25 km (about 15 miles)

I use to drive trough that road (National Route N-234) and I still can't believe what happened.

It could be more serious, 'cause there's a little town at 3 miles from the accident.

pd: please, would anybody correct my grammar? Thx

Actually...you have a good excuse for your grammatical errors. Others on this board, having been raised in the English language, still find it difficult to speak / write correctly. I find no real use in correcting you as I understand you quite well.

However, as it seems you are actually concerned with learning something...I'll be glad to point out some discrepancies.

Quote:
It happened today about 2:00 pm (local hour) at 50 miles of my city.
It happened today about 2:00 pm (local hour) about 50 miles outside (city).
Quote:
After that the truck exploded and made a 15 feet depth crater.
The truck exploded and as result, caused a crater 15' in depth.
Quote:
I use to drive trough that road...
I used to drive through that road...
You asked, I gave. Of course there are many different ways of expressing oneself.

Happy to have you here on the CF, karburator!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:49 PM   #3
karburator
CF Spain HQ

Hey! Thank you very much, Bav

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)
Old 03-09-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Hey! Thank you very much, Bav

You're Welcome!

I'm always happy to help where I can...even if it turns out to be only on the English language within an online Car-Forum!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:05 PM   #5
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
However, as it seems you are actually concerned with learning something...I'll be glad to point out some discrepancies.

That's all good but I'd like to say that I like the 'flava' that karburator brings to the forums e.g. "familiar car"
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:12 PM   #6
karburator
CF Spain HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
That's all good but I'd like to say that I like the 'flava' that karburator brings to the forums e.g. "familiar car"

hehehe