Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2005, 11:43 PM   #1
Wally
I Know More Than You

Query about administration.

As the moderators seem to be flavour of the month, I was wondering why certain ones are being singled out for a bit of biff.

Why, for instance, is Cliffy held accountable for policing spam, Bav for policing fifth columnists, etc. Are there demarcations of authority here or are members just being selective in their criticisms?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:54 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
As the moderators seem to be flavour of the month, I was wondering why certain ones are being singled out for a bit of biff.

Why, for instance, is Cliffy held accountable for policing spam, Bav for policing fifth columnists, etc. Are there demarcations of authority here or are members just being selective in their criticisms?
I think certain members are just selective in who they have a go at...the responsibility is all shared here at CF (apart from banning....which only SM's can do)

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

I can only speak for this member. Some of the reasons that I select Cliffy for criticism are;

1. He is essentially incompetent in his duties as a moderator. This granted is a subjective call. The others ore objective, but can no longer be proven for the most part due to his censorship.

2. He has made it a point to single me out because he resents the fact that while I am no longer a mod, I still have a higher standing with many (most?) members that he does. Even after not posting for almost six months.

3. He has gone out of his way to discriminate against me by uneccesarily closing and/or, deleting threads that prove my point and show him in a bad light. Power by censorship if you will.

4. He is a bleeding heart liberal who only believes in freedom of speech as long as you're speaking what he wants to hear and uses his censorship abilities to enforce his way of thinking. People like that, I (and I thought you) have no use for.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I can only speak for this member. Some of the reasons that I select Cliffy for criticism are;

1. He is essentially incompetent in his duties as a moderator. This granted is a subjective call. The others ore objective, but can no longer be proven for the most part due to his censorship.

2. He has made it a point to single me out because he resents the fact that while I am no longer a mod, I still have a higher standing with many (most?) members that he does. Even after not posting for almost six months.

3. He has gone out of his way to discriminate against me by uneccesarily closing and/or, deleting threads that prove my point and show him in a bad light. Power by censorship if you will.

4. He is a bleeding heart liberal who only believes in freedom of speech as long as you're speaking what he wants to hear and uses his censorship abilities to enforce his way of thinking. People like that, I (and I thought you) have no use for.
While I encourage members to voice their opinions....I'll correct you on your above statement...

#1. That's your opinion, and I think you are only stating this particular point because you have had a problem from day one (what exacly for, I've yet to establish...as I seem to do everything properly)

#2. Just turn that around, and move a few words around and guess what....we have your real issue with me.

#3. I think you'll find that all the threads of yours that I have closed, I closed for a reason

#4. Bollox...is all I have to say to that

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:13 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
While I encourage members to voice their opinions....I'll correct you on your above statement...

#1. That's your opinion, and I think you are only stating this particular point because you have had a problem from day one (what exacly for, I've yet to establish...as I seem to do everything properly)

#2. Just turn that around, and move a few words around and guess what....we have your real issue with me.

#3. I think you'll find that all the threads of yours that I have closed, I closed for a reason

#4. Bollox...is all I have to say to that
1. That's what the word "subjective" means. I'm sorry, it was too big for you to understand.

2, 3, 4. Blah, blah, blah. Spend more time doing your job, PROPERLY, and I wouldn't be on your ass about it. Or at least spend more time coming up with decent replies.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-21-2005, 12:15 AM   #6
Wally
I Know More Than You

VWhobo I have had some content mysteriously disappear too. The last one showing a BMW that had been vandalised solicited a dozen PMs asking for the link.

Personally I am just not that ensconced in the board to have much emotion. I do enjoy the few old man arguments with you and Chrisv, but I don't take them to heart as it's only banter.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:19 AM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
VWhobo I have had some content mysteriously disappear too. The last one showing a BMW that had been vandalised solicited a dozen PMs asking for the link.

Personally I am just not that ensconced in the board to have much emotion. I do enjoy the few old man arguments with you and Chrisv, but I don't take them to heart as it's only banter.
Ya know Wally, I feel the same way. One of the most enjoyable things I do on this board is to have a lively conversation with guys like you, ChrisV, Lectroid when he's here, etc. I just don't like censorship for the sake of censorship, or double standards for that matter. And I especially don't like incompetence in management.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:32 AM   #8
JaneiR36
CF Freak

One thing I will say, is that both Bav and Cliffy would not attract any critisicm if they sat in a corner hiding. I think the reason they draw so much fire is simply because they are out there modding. Therefore, good or bad, people will have comments on some of the more consequential actions they take. For that alone I have to say I'm grateful. I still reserve my perogative to disagree here and there, though.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote