Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2005, 03:45 AM   #1
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Performance Chip

Greetings,

I would like some help from knowledge-able people on a certain argument. A friend of mine tells me he installed 2 peformance chips (from MOPAR) on his Dodge Neon. When he did so, he was getting awful gas mileage, around 18mpg. He then told he took them out.

Long story made short, I know that he is BS'ing but I can't prove it. I don't think he ever installed the chips and believe that chips either improve your gas mileage or make it just worse (maybe 1mpg tops). If I could prove my claim, then his reasoning for taking them out will be trashed. Any help on if this is true or any links to something that can prove it are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks as always,
Nissan_Altima
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:06 AM   #2
newyorker
MXman

The 2 chips are a reprogrammed ECU to shift at 7200RPM and not 6500, and a Mopar PCM that changes the air and fuel ratios. Both of the chips are ATX.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the chips activate full power when the pedal is floored.

Last edited by newyorker : 11-22-2005 at 04:09 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:16 AM   #3
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Duuuuuuur of course 6000LE is bs'ing.

1) Two performance "chips"? There is only one chip type - the PCM/ECU upgrade - Mopar Performance Part #: P5007034 - Howell and JET made them as well, although throught extensive research, it was found that the JET PCM was the same as stock...

2) You can't run two chips, yes, you can upgrade your PCM/ECU and run a piggyback unit, such as the Venom 400, but that really doesn't help much.

3) We are talking about the cock jockey who thought the neons he bought for cheap were so cool, and made a shitty home depot CAI? Yeah, a Performance PCM/ECU is around 300$....as if he'd spend 600$, when he wouldn't even spend the money on a REAL CAI.

4) The change in mileage would be very little, in some cases, it could increase, as the fuel/air ratios are remapped in the upgraded PCM/ECU. All depends on driving style.

5) He would have to have been using 92+ octane fuel in the car. Another thing I couldn't see that chump paying for.

newyorker - PCM and ECU are the same thing. Nice try. Google it a little bit more before you try to give advice....
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:16 AM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
EDIT: I forgot to mention that the chips activate full power when the pedal is floored.

Not so true. The entire Air/Fuel ratio was remapped - it affects every level of acceleration.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #5
newyorker
MXman

hey dodger how about you go **** yourself and stop thinking youre hot shit. what do you drive that you bag on my car. i fill with premium every time so suck cock. and it was specifically 2 chips. il even link you to it
Old 11-22-2005, 04:25 AM   #6
newyorker
MXman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mopar...spagenameZWDVW
i got pretty much that but for ATX. all i know was that the shop had installed 2 pieces one that removed a rev limiter and one that changed the ratios. suck cock please
Old 11-22-2005, 04:25 AM   #7
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Alright, come on, no dissing on people's cars. I just want a decent answer, and I think I already got it.

PS. I think he drives a Dodge and you just kinda sold yourself out...
Old 11-22-2005, 04:27 AM   #8
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mopar...spagenameZWDVW
i got pretty much that but for ATX. all i know was that the shop had installed 2 pieces one that removed a rev limiter and one that changed the ratios. suck cock please

I'm no car expert by any stretch of the imagination...but isn't that only one chip, not 2? Also, that's for manual transmission only. Finally, that will require premium gas, as you previously stated. I don't mean to be too rude, but I don't think you ever filled up with premium.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:27 AM   #9
newyorker
MXman

Heres an idea for dodgerboy
grow a sack, fill it with some balls, sprout a dick and **** yourself up the ass. stop dissing what other people drive untill you can do better.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:28 AM   #10
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
I'm no car expert by any stretch of the imagination...but isn't that only one chip, not 2? Also, that's for manual transmission only. Finally, that will require premium gas, as you previously stated. I don't mean to be too rude, but I don't think you ever filled up with premium.
Mike I said mine was for ATX = Automatic
Old 11-22-2005, 04:32 AM   #11
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
grow a sack, fill it with some balls, sprout a dick and **** yourself up the ass. stop dissing what other people drive untill you can do better.
gotta wonder if that post was necessary....
Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 AM   #12
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
gotta wonder if that post was necessary....
It just gets me mad when people laugh at others to make themselves feel better. I just did it to put him/her/it in his/her/its place
Old 11-22-2005, 04:40 AM   #13
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:

I have an idea for you, 6000LE, how about you get banned, YET AGAIN?!

I drive an '05 SX. I know it's a Neon, I don't claim it's hot shit. And general consensus is that the 2nd Gen Neons are much better then the 1st Gens.

And I proved you wrong, SEVERAL TIMES OVER. Is that why you have your undies in a bunch?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:40 AM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
hey dodger how about you go **** yourself and stop thinking youre hot shit. what do you drive that you bag on my car. i fill with premium every time so suck cock. and it was specifically 2 chips. il even link you to it
I'm still waiting for the link to "two chips", ass boy. Keep talking, and try to impress somebody with an open account with Mopar Performance Parts... Me.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:41 AM   #15
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
It just gets me mad when people laugh at others to make themselves feel better. I just did it to put him/her/it in his/her/its place

Wow, way to be, you hypocrite. Show me where I laughed at you. I merely noted that you were wrong, and that maybe you should do more research before you start to give advice.