Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2005, 02:16 AM   #181
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
mine arent completely bald. just around the edges
they don't have to be totally bald to be illegal.

You're in Pennsylvania, right? If so, this is from http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/dat...3-48/2265.html

Quote:
(2) Provided that the make and model year of the vehicle would have originally been equipped with the device, reject if one or more of the following apply:

(i) The catalytic converter has been removed, disconnected or is the wrong type for the certified vehicle configuration.

(ii) Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve has been removed, disconnected or is the wrong type for the certified vehicle configuration.

(iii) Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve has been removed, disconnected or is the wrong type for the certified vehicle configuration.

(iv) Fuel inlet restrictor has been removed, disconnected or is the wrong type for the certified vehicle configuration.

(v) Air pump has been removed, disconnected or is the wrong type for the certified vehicle configuration.

(vi) Evaporative control system components have been removed, disconnected or are the wrong type for the certified vehicle configuration.

(e) Beneath the vehicle inspection. A beneath the vehicle inspection shall be performed as follows:

(1) Inspect the tires and wheels and reject if one or more of the following apply:

(i) A tire has two adjacent treads with less than 2/32-inch tread remaining at any point--less than 4/32-inch tread on the front tires of the vehicles having a gross weight in excess of 10,000 pounds.

(ii) A tire is worn so that the tread wear indicators contact the road in any two adjacent grooves.

(iii) A part of ply or cord is exposed.

(iv) A tire has been repaired with a blow-out patch or boot.

(v) There is a bump, bulge or separation.

(vi) A tire is marked ''not for highway use,'' ''for racing purposes only'' or ''unsafe for highway use,'' or has a similar designation.

(vii) There are other conditions or markings reasonably believed to render the tire unsafe for highway use.

(viii) A tire has been regrooved or recut below the original tread design depth except special taxicab tires which are identified as having extra undertread rubber.

(ix) A tire's tread extends beyond the outer edge of the wheel housing inclusive of fender flares.

(x) The tires used on the same axle are not the same size or type of construction--bias, belted, radial or snow.

Old 11-23-2005, 02:17 AM   #182
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
no its because of your constand namecalling, talking shit on my car (that i bought with my own $$ and didnt tune my moms) and pulling numbers and names out of your ass and then getting all hype and trying to make me look dumb.
EDIT : the time you said that corvette was like 400 horsepower turbocharged (a non ZO6 at that), and then getting all hype when i twist numbers with milage nad oil changes by accident. also the time you got hype that i was playing with your underlights bvecuase you thought that they would "short circuit the battery", and lets not forget the time when you dindt listen to me and let ilya drive, and bent a rim. yea it kinda gets me just a little upset when people like you know little-notihng and dont even listen to facts, and what now would seem to be useful advice as to not letting your friend drive. lets also not forget the time when you wanted to drive with no licence and when i stopped you and made you pull over and let me drive, you rammed a tire on the curb, and despite your previous mockery and laughter at me and my car, i stayed out in the pouring rain changing your tire. nuff said.

Try using more than one paragraph for your posts...makes it easier to read.

"Constand" namecalling? Look over this thread, see who starts talking trash. I never said anything about your car (aside from the occasional mutual jokes) because mine, which isn't even fully mine, is not much better. My car is not modded...I can't call tints and a sound system as a fully modded car. As far as you buying the car with your money...I'm calling BS on that one. Even if it's true, you still lied to your mom so you don't pay insurance and then blamed a car accident on your dad. How low is that?

Twisting miles and making car errors is one thing (although I wasn't that much off), but claiming that a car runs 34K without an oil change and then ARGUING about it is just plain stupidity. The underlights, which were just a stupid idea, broke and I asked you nicely multiple times not to play with them. After that you steal the remote from my car and play with them as I drive, risking me a $350 ticket amongst other things.

All my mistakes you listed are genuine, no one's perfect and neither is my amateur driving. But I don't BS about my car and everything around me. Thank you for fixing my tire. Although I could've just called out AAA, it really was a nice thing. But if you needed help, you know I'd do the same.

Anyway, we're digressing. The point of this thread was to prove that your chips are a bunch of BS. After you have been proved wrong, you continue to argue and make fun of others. Just admit your error and let's move on...this thread was not supposed to be as big of a deal as it is.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:22 AM   #183
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
and trying to make me look dumb.
You don't need his help on that.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:22 AM   #184
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Try using more than one paragraph for your posts...makes it easier to read.

"Constand" namecalling? Look over this thread, see who starts talking trash. I never said anything about your car (aside from the occasional mutual jokes) because mine, which isn't even fully mine, is not much better. My car is not modded...I can't call tints and a sound system as a fully modded car. As far as you buying the car with your money...I'm calling BS on that one. Even if it's true, you still lied to your mom so you don't pay insurance and then blamed a car accident on your dad. How low is that?

Twisting miles and making car errors is one thing (although I wasn't that much off), but claiming that a car runs 34K without an oil change and then ARGUING about it is just plain stupidity. The underlights, which were just a stupid idea, broke and I asked you nicely multiple times not to play with them. After that you steal the remote from my car and play with them as I drive, risking me a $350 ticket amongst other things.

All my mistakes you listed are genuine, no one's perfect and neither is my amateur driving. But I don't BS about my car and everything around me. Thank you for fixing my tire. Although I could've just called out AAA, it really was a nice thing. But if you needed help, you know I'd do the same.

Anyway, we're digressing. The point of this thread was to prove that your chips are a bunch of BS. After you have been proved wrong, you continue to argue and make fun of others. Just admit your error and let's move on...this thread was not supposed to be as big of a deal as it is.
Theres notihng to admit. I know I had them and thats that. I dint blame the accident on my dad we just siad it so that insurnace wouldnt go up, and it didnt. and as far as me keeping my job a secret from my parents, its for the best, becayse I would get constant nagging and annoying from them and have them count my money. Main idea here is that you bother me with your jokes (as serious or unserious as they are). Noone is doing anyone favors, and none of this arguing would have happened if you didnt think that I was lying.

Last edited by newyorker : 11-23-2005 at 02:27 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:23 AM   #185
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
You don't need his help on that.
you need to appear more than 4 times in a thread in order to start making comments as above.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:25 AM   #186
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
you need to appear more than 4 times in a thread in order to start making comments as above.
Oh really? Well if I can make statements like that, then obviously your stupidity is just that blatantly obvious. Just another member who is tired of your shit. Now, either admit your errors, or shut up and leave.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:28 AM   #187
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:

Unless you're the owner of this Forum, or at least mod...you have no say in this...
Old 11-23-2005, 02:38 AM   #188
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Unless you're the owner of this Forum, or at least mod...you have no say in this...
Old 11-23-2005, 02:40 AM   #189
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:

Umm...thanks for that bit of useful information...now we can all go and eat lollipops
Old 11-23-2005, 02:41 AM   #190
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:

Don't wanna comment on the article?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:42 AM   #191
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Oh really? Well if I can make statements like that, then obviously your stupidity is just that blatantly obvious. Just another member who is tired of your shit. Now, either admit your errors, or shut up and leave.
theres notihng to admit you imbasil...go
Old 11-23-2005, 02:43 AM   #192
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
Don't wanna comment on the article?
you think im gona read all of it? im getting rotation and balance next week.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:44 AM   #193
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
theres notihng to admit you imbasil...go
For f*cks sake, you're insulting yourself more than you are me. It's IMBECILE you jackass.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:44 AM   #194
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
you think im gona read all of it? im getting rotation and balance next week.
see the bold sections.... I made it easy for you.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:46 AM   #195
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Why hasn't this thread been deleted, or at least locked yet?