Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
95civicdima
CF Addict

A good car for a girl

OK lets just imagen that money is limited up to $25,000. My girlfriend is looking for a car and asked me to help her. I really think something with not too much power and is good on gas is what she should look for. So basically i'd want her to get a 98 civic lx. Even though i find that as her IDEAL car she wants more options for searching. I was thinking an Altima in the ranges of 2000-2003 would be good...not the GXE's though they are more sporty in my opinion. So keep in mind that this girl needs HUGE safety features and not a lot of power. Thank you for all your responces.

Last edited by 95civicdima : 11-24-2005 at 06:15 AM.
95civicdima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

How about a Golf...R32 if possible...but why would she want a powerful car if she can't drive good...I'd go for an Prelude...For some reason I see it as a hot chick car, although it's good for guys too
Old 11-24-2005, 06:18 AM   #3
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
How about a Golf...R32 if possible...but why would she want a powerful car if she can't drive good...I'd go for an Prelude...For some reason I see it as a hot chick car, although it's good for guys too

She doesn't need a powerful car is what i was saying. Prelude...good car i agree on that but that is more power than i'd want her to have.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:24 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
She doesn't need a powerful car is what i was saying. Prelude...good car i agree on that but that is more power than i'd want her to have.

How about a Civic or RSX? Both are quite nice
Old 11-24-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

I like the Golf idea, or better yet, a Cabrio!
Old 11-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

what about a pt cruiser seems fit for a girl, good gas mileage, i dont know about the safety,but it lacks the power of other cars that are available
Old 11-24-2005, 10:02 AM   #7
elchango36
WWJCD

What about a 2000-2005 Eclipse? I always thought that model was more of a chick ride. Or how about a 2002 Audi A4? Maybe she likes the Beetle? Perhaps a used Mini Cooper? Just thinking along the lins of what I normally see more girls than guys driving nowadays.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #8
southerncarpart
CF Newbie

Honda Prelude would be nice.
southerncarpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
vlc92189
CF Newbie

hmmm... i see alot of girls around here with eclipse, talons, then some jettas, but i like a girl in a rsx.
vlc92189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:33 PM   #10
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Since no one suggested this, I probably just overlooked something. But what about a 2002 (or so) Toyota Prius? With a 1.5L 4 cylinder engine giving out about 70 hp, there is not enough power for anything dangerous. The car also has 45mph average on the road and 52mph on the highway since it's a hybrid. It scores good or average on all safety tests and comes with both airbags and optionals on the side. You can get a used one with very low miles for under $20,000.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #11
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
good car i agree on that but that is more power than i'd want her to have.

Than YOU want her to have? Why not teach her how to drive properly and let HER worry about how much power she should have...

My wife would kill me if I told her I would limit how much power or car she was allowed to drive.

Time to go out to a local SCCA or NASA autocross event and talk to the women driving out there...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #12
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
what about a pt cruiser seems fit for a girl, good gas mileage, i dont know about the safety,but it lacks the power of other cars that are available

Safety is just fine, and it's more than adequate in speed if you get the 5 sped version. Both my wife and myself autocrossed ours successfully and ended up with trophies in it. For under $25k, you couold get a Turbo version with traction control, ABS, heated seats, and basically end up with an SRT-4 that can actually haul stuff.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #13
97Talonchik
discombobulated

I actually really like the PT cruiser. Don't they start out new somewhere around the $14000 range?
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #14
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Than YOU want her to have? Why not teach her how to drive properly and let HER worry about how much power she should have...

My wife would kill me if I told her I would limit how much power or car she was allowed to drive.
I'd hope she would. I mean, what kind of an ass would do such a thing?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:51 PM   #15
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV

Time to go out to a local SCCA or NASA autocross event and talk to the women driving out there...

That's exactly what i am doing. I've taken her out twice to get her in better driving shape. Someone asked why not get a civic...well i did mention a 98 civic lx. A pt cruiser is one of cars i mentioned she didn't like the look of it. Girls want good looking cars. The golf is a good car i agree my aunt let me drive hers it was a stick so plenty of fun. An exclipse is a great car but not her style again. I recommended her looking at a sentra. I've never driven one does anyone know if it's wider than a 2005 Corolla?