Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2005, 07:04 AM   #31
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Thats what I'm talking about... altho I must say my friend is still goin strong with cars, first car at age 15 was a 1987 mustang 5.0 Convertible 40k miles mint condition, then onto a 1992I believe Corvette, totalled, got insurance and is now on his 1998 Mustang Cobra Convertible. He will be 18 this summer.

I love those C4 Corvettes. They are so simple. Shaped like a bullet, just point and pull the trigger...
Old 11-25-2005, 07:07 AM   #32
Vlad
CF Addict

Quote:
I'd go for an Prelude...For some reason I see it as a hot chick car, although it's good for guys too

true...I second that opinion, even though you've decided that it wont work, still an awesome car, see if you can get a test drive in one if you decide to go a bit more sporty.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:16 AM   #33
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I love those C4 Corvettes. They are so simple. Shaped like a bullet, just point and pull the trigger...

Yes quite a car indeed, he had plans for a nitrous oxide system, something around a 150-200hp shot before he totally it. Going around a turn WAY to fast, rear axle snapped, swerved around went up a telephone wire hit the telephone pole went spinning into a tree flipped upside down and hit the ground, where the top popped off. Amazingly neither of them had a scratch on them.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #34
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
She doesn't need a powerful car is what i was saying. Prelude...good car i agree on that but that is more power than i'd want her to have.

are you her dad?
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:42 PM   #35
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
are you her dad?

Nope ...i'm her Boyfriend...and i'm the only person that knows how she drives too...
Old 11-25-2005, 03:43 PM   #36
Diomedes
CF Newbie

2000+ Corolla S, the changed the look of it at 2003 and it looks really good, but I also like the 2000,01,02. Fun car to drive, peppy but not a power-house, good on gas mileage, 4-door, toyota reliability, sunroof/spoiler/cdplayer so it's got good stuff. And not wicked expensive.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #37
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

What about a new Civic EX loaded out with navi? I looked over an 06 EX coupe w/navi and it was real nice...only about $20k too. Gets EXCELLENT mileage as well (30mpg city and 40mpg highway with 5AT). Plus it's not too powerful at 140hp, but still fun enough for when you have to drive it.

The Mazda 3s is also a really good choice loaded out w/leather and such.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #38
old geezer
CF Newbie

don't do it

I understand she asked you to help, but, If I were you.....I'd set the recorder, cancel meeting the guy's for poker and fill up the tank. Take her to any and all dealership's, let her test drive to her hearts content. When she finds one she really loves, help her by getting the best deal possible and buy the vehicle 1 to 2 days later, no matter what the salesman says (do not purchase the same day) that way in the future she can't blame you and she get's the car she wants, and not one you picked for her, she's your girlfriend not your kid, don't for her do with her.
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #39
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
couldn't handle .....? just cos a car's got a bit of power, doesn't mean you have to throw it all over the road or push your arse into the back seat.
Lol, Im 16, I dont have that kind of restraint.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:41 PM   #40
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
yea ok i'm gonna tell a horrible driver (she's not horrible but definetly needs more on-road practice) to get a car with 240hp. A car that does 0-60 in just over 6 seconds. I personally rather get a Volvo for myself . The jetta is a nice car but i don't think she'll be able to control them as well because of how they are basically wide. My neigbor has a Jetta i'm gonna ask him to test drive it next time i talk to him i'd love to feel how they go. A civic is something she's considering... a RSX is way to sporty for her. Keep it coming guys i love how this thread is coming along a lot of good advice coming left and right
Maybe I missed it, but...

How old is she?
What do you drive?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:44 AM   #41
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Did this friend of yours have a lobotomy or something? You're acting like shes 2 and lacks the motor skills to regulate pedal pressure.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:52 PM   #42
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Did this friend of yours have a lobotomy or something? You're acting like shes 2 and lacks the motor skills to regulate pedal pressure.
Maybe he's one of these insecure "guys" that can't handle his other half driving something better than him.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #43
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Coronet383
Maybe he's one of these insecure "guys" that can't handle his other half driving something better than him.
Lol, probably.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:22 AM   #44
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Coronet383

Or MAYBE he really, really cares for her and is very scared of something, G-d forbid, car-accident-related happening to her.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #45
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Or MAYBE he really, really cares for her and is very scared of something, G-d forbid, car-accident-related happening to her.
And I'll restate what I did before: TEACH her how to drive.

Sorry, you can DIE in an accident in any car, fast or slow. Especially if you're a bad driver. So quit trying to "save" her through use of a slower car. Teach her car control. And if (as is probably the case) you're not all that good at it yourself, BOTH of you go out to, say, a local autocross and learn how to drive. Then she can have what she wants and you won't have to worry about her.

If she's your girlfriend, and you think she drives like crap, DO something about it.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote