Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2005, 11:57 PM   #46
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I agree with ChrisV...check out a Skip Barber, or similar school near you...I'm taking one when I get my license...they show you how to do emergency stops, drive properly, and it lowers insurance
Old 11-29-2005, 02:11 AM   #47
n00dle
CF Newbie

Used benz clk320 or 3-series bmw, the clk seams kinda like some thing a girl would drive.
n00dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:19 AM   #48
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dle
Used benz clk320 or 3-series bmw, the clk seams kinda like some thing a girl would drive.

Dude i was thinking about getting something like an 89 BMW 325i WHY WOULD I GET THAT FOR MY GIRL?! good taiste in the cars though
Old 11-29-2005, 03:28 AM   #49
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
What about a new Civic EX loaded out with navi? I looked over an 06 EX coupe w/navi and it was real nice...only about $20k too. Gets EXCELLENT mileage as well (30mpg city and 40mpg highway with 5AT). Plus it's not too powerful at 140hp, but still fun enough for when you have to drive it.

The Mazda 3s is also a really good choice loaded out w/leather and such.

I love how you think man..because i said almost exactly the same thing. The Civic does look like what i will put my foot on and say "that's a great choice" as most of you know (and if you don't look at my name) i have the 95 civic ex. great car just not the power i want out of a car (GREAT FIRST CAR! I LOVE IT A LOT) i was thinking about a civic 2004 sounds great for her. Next semester is when she's going to know her budget for sure and when that comes around i'll be the one basically picking the car.

Oh and i turn 17 in a few weeks. 4 I think. Well it comes down to the fact that i did take her driving on Sunday (yesterday). She's doing a lot better. She drove in my car and we went around for about 2 1/2 hrs. She doesn't hold the steering wheel very well so her turns are very robotic not smooth. We did get a lot of progress done. Her stops are very smooth now. Also she accelerates A LOT better and is showing a lot of progress on how she can control the car. I am honestly very happy with the results. She does have a tendancy of swaying a little right where a few times i thought i'm gonna need new hub caps. I appreciate all the advice and seriousness everyone brought to this thread. I'll take a lot of consideration in what everyone said.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:58 AM   #50
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Hold up....is this chick just starting to drive? Why not get a decent starter car for like $5,000 until she gets more comfortable behind the wheel and then maybe a year or so down the road spending the other 20K on a better car?
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:19 AM   #51
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Hold up....is this chick just starting to drive? Why not get a decent starter car for like $5,000 until she gets more comfortable behind the wheel and then maybe a year or so down the road spending the other 20K on a better car?

I AGREE 110% that's what i said originally to her parents. She's not a starter i guess she just inexperienced. For some reason it doesn't click for them that idea so they go with the way they want
Old 11-29-2005, 06:50 AM   #52
sky88
CF Newbie

Well thats Ez Get a CAMRY are an Accord. It has new mileage and Looks great.

My mom has 03 Camry! awesome car!
sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #53
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
I AGREE 110% that's what i said originally to her parents. She's not a starter i guess she just inexperienced. For some reason it doesn't click for them that idea so they go with the way they want

If she's only 16...she's a starter. No kid needs a brand new car to drive when they are still learning the rules of the road and how to handle a car properly.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:50 PM   #54
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

It's obvious he just doesn't want his girl to have a better car than him. What you drive doesn't leave alot of options. Don't humor him.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:29 PM   #55
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
If she's only 16...she's a starter. No kid needs a brand new car to drive when they are still learning the rules of the road and how to handle a car properly.
What about an old 'classic' car (60's/70's)? Same thing?

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:59 AM   #56
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Got to love a classic! Although I also don't think a kid needs a fully restored '67 Camaro either (for instance) as their first car. Of course, that is just my 2 cents. It doesn't mean a hill of beans to most people.

Plus with a classic, you can spend your time restoring it yourself! Two for one in my book, although I doubt this chick would be into that, lol.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:53 AM   #57
boothe
CF Addict

I think a good girl car is a Jetta - every girl I know with one loves it and every guy I know that has one worries that it's too "girly" and is constantly asking if others think it's a girl car or not.

I also have a friend who is not the best driver (she has been in so many accidents that she has double drunk drivers insurance from Atlanta Casualty or some place like that- and she's never driven drunk!), and she's been through 2 Jetta's, a great car for a not so great driver.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #58
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Got to love a classic! Although I also don't think a kid needs a fully restored '67 Camaro either (for instance) as their first car. Of course, that is just my 2 cents. It doesn't mean a hill of beans to most people.

Plus with a classic, you can spend your time restoring it yourself! Two for one in my book, although I doubt this chick would be into that, lol.

No i don't care if she gets a better car than me. Obviously her budget is a lot bigger than i had so it just makes sense she'll be getting a better car than me. A classic car is definetly out of the question. She wants a 2000 or up car. Jetta's are good cars for guys too. I know plenty of dudes at my school that have jetta's. My neigbor has one and he's a dude. She's 17 by the way not 16 and definetly a new driver.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #59
n00dle
CF Newbie

How bout infiniti g35? Or lexus es300?
n00dle is offline   Reply With Quote