Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2005, 04:35 AM   #1
95civicdima
CF Addict

Thinking about getting a Prelude

So i was driving today and at a street light a car pulls up next to me. (not to stereotype) In it is a Mexican dude maybe a year or two older than me. He revs his car and notices me on the side. Rolls down his windows and tells me he likes my civic he had one just like a few years ago and decided to get a more powerful version and got his 96 prelude. He revs again and winks (that's gay i know i thought the dude was kinda a gay myself) So it turns green i don't give it to hard but i make a decent effort. SMOKED!!! The dude basically put two to three cars in between us in a matter of seconds. I came home an started to do some research on the car. YEA 190 hp. The thing monstered my car. I then started to think that it was a nice looking car with good specs and shit. Did some searching and figured a 1994 Prelude si would be a great car for me. Manual of course. So i just wanted to get a conversation going on the topic. You like the car? yes no? Ever driven it? Just give me some feedback thanks guys
Old 12-01-2005, 05:23 AM   #2
Aondor
CF Addict

experience

3 of my friends have ludes.( has they call them)
There realy nice cars. Pretty quick and fuel effecient they handle pretty well and our fun to drive. Though the back seat is extremly tight. I much prefer something like a 626(v6) but i would say a prelude would be an awesome car for you to get.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #3
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well I can't drive as of yet so I have never driven one, but I think they look like nice cars, and from what I've heard about them they are pretty good. I think the only downside is the cost of insurance (if I was told right), cause they are more expensive then most other Honda cars.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:17 AM   #4
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
So i was driving today and at a street light a car pulls up next to me. (not to stereotype) In it is a Mexican dude maybe a year or two older than me. He revs his car and notices me on the side. Rolls down his windows and tells me he likes my civic he had one just like a few years ago and decided to get a more powerful version and got his 96 prelude. He revs again and winks (that's gay i know i thought the dude was kinda a gay myself) So it turns green i don't give it to hard but i make a decent effort. SMOKED!!! The dude basically put two to three cars in between us in a matter of seconds. I came home an started to do some research on the car. YEA 190 hp. The thing monstered my car. I then started to think that it was a nice looking car with good specs and shit. Did some searching and figured a 1994 Prelude si would be a great car for me. Manual of course. So i just wanted to get a conversation going on the topic. You like the car? yes no? Ever driven it? Just give me some feedback thanks guys

WELLL... hehe do you have alot of mods in your car, i mean civics are fast when they're modded smartly. A prelude could kill a stock civic with the h22a and a few bolt ons... BUTTT hehe preludes are beautiful cars... i love them.

EDIT: are you really gonna get the car JUST because that car beat yours ina redlightrace?
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #5
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
WELLL... hehe do you have alot of mods in your car, i mean civics are fast when they're modded smartly. A prelude could kill a stock civic with the h22a and a few bolt ons... BUTTT hehe preludes are beautiful cars... i love them.

EDIT: are you really gonna get the car JUST because that car beat yours ina redlightrace?

Not the reason. I just really liked the car and think that it would be an appropriate power for me to handle and use. Not because it beat me. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CARS I WOULD WANT JUST BECAUSE THEY BEAT ME AT THE LIGHT! a lot
Old 12-01-2005, 05:42 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

The H23a is a really fun engine and is a good alternative if you cant afford the H22a(number) power version. Specs on it are 5spd manual and 160hp DOHC 2.3L.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I've ridden in one, and they are pretty fun...Sexy car, and felt pretty fast...One of the cars on my list of options on what to get when I'm old enough
Old 12-01-2005, 11:28 PM   #8
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well I can't drive as of yet so I have never driven one, but I think they look like nice cars, and from what I've heard about them they are pretty good. I think the only downside is the cost of insurance (if I was told right), cause they are more expensive then most other Honda cars.
insurance wont be too much higher than like a 2 door civic because it's insurances also see which cars get stolen more and 2dr civic are definately up there. However if u are smart about insurance u should be fine. Lot of people say insurance is high on like a 16 year old with any car especially a 2dr one, but if u are smart about it it wont be. What u wanna do is insure the car on your parents and make urself a temporary driver. Thats what i did and i pay $400 for 6 months for a 96 integra for basic liability insurance. I have heard people paying like $1200 for 6 months when they are 16 for liability insurance because they put it on themselves.

Last edited by V-Tec : 12-01-2005 at 11:30 PM.
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:00 AM   #9
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
insurance wont be too much higher than like a 2 door civic because it's insurances also see which cars get stolen more and 2dr civic are definately up there. However if u are smart about insurance u should be fine. Lot of people say insurance is high on like a 16 year old with any car especially a 2dr one, but if u are smart about it it wont be. What u wanna do is insure the car on your parents and make urself a temporary driver. Thats what i did and i pay $400 for 6 months for a 96 integra for basic liability insurance. I have heard people paying like $1200 for 6 months when they are 16 for liability insurance because they put it on themselves.
Well I'll probably be one of those people on their own (as neither parent drives as of right now), but I'll probably get some help for payment as I'd be the only driver for awhile. Right now it looks like I'd be insuring a truck lol, not sure if that'd be more or less then a 2 door car.

Old 12-03-2005, 04:47 AM   #10
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Ive got a lude, my full coverage insurance is the same as my dad's camry :shrug:, ~370/6mo
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #11
95civicdima
CF Addict

Anyone willing to do a search for me? A 1994 Prelude (si) for under 5000? Manual prefered. Miles..well just find it. Black would be great.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #12
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
Anyone willing to do a search for me? A 1994 Prelude (si) for under 5000? Manual prefered. Miles..well just find it. Black would be great.
Well I took a quick look in my area (which I doubt would help you though), but no Si's come up, its all SR, SE, SH or nothing...

Old 12-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I find it humourous, but not surprising, that the color of the car is more important than the mileage. BTW, is there a reason you can't do a search? I mean your computer is connected to the same internet as mine.

EDIT. Look at this, an entire three minutes work.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Last edited by vwhobo : 12-03-2005 at 08:10 PM.
vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I find it humourous, but not surprising, that the color of the car is more important than the mileage. BTW, is there a reason you can't do a search? I mean your computer is connected to the same internet as mine.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...st=1355#vdptop
Shes sexy
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #15
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

I can do it easily man i'm just intersted in what other people would find. I'm not bad at all at finding cars online. Autotrader and car.com that's too easy i'm not interested in searching there. The mileage for these cars can't be worst then what i have. So i seriously don't mind. I bought a car with 145,000 and don't mind it one bit. Mileage doesn't defie a car. So yes the color is more important.