Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

help with managers

ok so heres my problem, I work at a movie theatre and theres this new guy hes 31 yrs old or so and an usher, he has an anger problem and hes well, how can i put this delicately, a dumbass. So me and him don't like each other and whenever I tell him something to do he gets pissed off even though the things I tell him are right (trust me they are right the supervisor agrees and its in the rules)

Now i've already had a talk with the managers (when they called me in because he told on me) about mine and his behavior then another day rolls by and he turns into a crybaby bitch again. For him telling on me because im diong the right thing and hes not my hours are getting ****ed over and so are my days.

I have significant evidence stacked up against this guy and have another meeting with the managers to discuss the situation now should I

A) tell the managers all the bad things hes done and back them up with eye witnesses and the cameras
B) tell the managers that they have to fix this problem or im going to go to coprate and have them fix it)
C) just kind of wing it and see where it goes

anybody whose had a problem with an employee and had to get the managers involved please help because this guys really starting to piss me off and with his anger problem and my problem with hitting someone back when they attack me isn't going to fly
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Here's my advice-ignore him. Don't say anything about him in this meeting, just completely let it go. When you see him doing something wrong/stupid, let it go. If he's really that bad, he'll get fired soon enough.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
ok so heres my problem, I work at a movie theatre and theres this new guy hes 31 yrs old or so and an usher, he has an anger problem and hes well, how can i put this delicately, a dumbass. So me and him don't like each other and whenever I tell him something to do he gets pissed off even though the things I tell him are right (trust me they are right the supervisor agrees and its in the rules)

Now i've already had a talk with the managers (when they called me in because he told on me) about mine and his behavior then another day rolls by and he turns into a crybaby bitch again. For him telling on me because im diong the right thing and hes not my hours are getting ****ed over and so are my days.

I have significant evidence stacked up against this guy and have another meeting with the managers to discuss the situation now should I

A) tell the managers all the bad things hes done and back them up with eye witnesses and the cameras
B) tell the managers that they have to fix this problem or im going to go to coprate and have them fix it)
C) just kind of wing it and see where it goes

anybody whose had a problem with an employee and had to get the managers involved please help because this guys really starting to piss me off and with his anger problem and my problem with hitting someone back when they attack me isn't going to fly

D) Beat the SOB up right off of Movie-Theater property, that way it's not a "Work" problem at all.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:05 AM   #4
Wally
I Know More Than You

Just tell the management he needs some more time to learn the ropes and that you are prepared to help him through and take a few bruises in the process. It makes you look like you are in control and management material.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #5
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Well I think if I was 31 and an usher at a movie theater, I'd be angry and bitter too.

Ok, seriously...
A) NO. Telling the managers everything he's done bad will just make you look like a sissy around your other co-workers. You do that and you may start hearing, "hey man you got something on your nose" or "rear ranger". Also, this could go against you as well (unless you are the poster child of the cinema) i.e. bitter thirty something digs up some dirt on you to divulge to the managers.

B) Has its possiblilties...but of course, they could also just fire you. Think about it.

C) I think this is your best choice in this situation. It takes a big man to start a fight, but it takes an even bigger man to walk away.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Well I think if I was 31 and an usher at a movie theater, I'd be angry and bitter too.

Ok, seriously...
A) NO. Telling the managers everything he's done bad will just make you look like a sissy around your other co-workers. You do that and you may start hearing, "hey man you got something on your nose" or "rear ranger". Also, this could go against you as well (unless you are the poster child of the cinema) i.e. bitter thirty something digs up some dirt on you to divulge to the managers.

B) Has its possiblilties...but of course, they could also just fire you. Think about it.

C) I think this is your best choice in this situation. It takes a big man to start a fight, but it takes an even bigger man to beat him up.

And...fixed.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:14 AM   #7
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik

I dont know about the states - but up here in Canada we have a Labour Act, which mandates that if we go to management about some issue that we can not face any repercussions from it.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:24 AM   #8
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
I dont know about the states - but up here in Canada we have a Labour Act, which mandates that if we go to management about some issue that we can not face any repercussions from it.

Yeah, 1 in a million chance they are gonna fire him over that Talonchick. If you read through his whole post that would seem obvious.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 AM   #9
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Here's my advice-ignore him. Don't say anything about him in this meeting, just completely let it go. When you see him doing something wrong/stupid, let it go. If he's really that bad, he'll get fired soon enough.

While this makes for a nice story, its not reality. Too often managers are too busy, or don't really care enough, to filter out the bad employees. Lazy, incompetent slackers will stay in companies for years without anyone upstairs really knowing, while those of us who really want to work suffer in silence.

I say tell management how you feel. Tell management that you think this employee is bad for the company, and back it up with good evidence. You'd be doing the company AND yourself a favour. Especially since his actions are putting your own job in jeopardy.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #10
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
While this makes for a nice story, its not reality. Too often managers are too busy, or don't really care enough, to filter out the bad employees. Lazy, incompetent slackers will stay in companies for years without anyone upstairs really knowing, while those of us who really want to work suffer in silence.

I say tell management how you feel. Tell management that you think this employee is bad for the company, and back it up with good evidence. You'd be doing the company AND yourself a favour. Especially since his actions are putting your own job in jeopardy.

out of all the things you guys posted I like this one the best, I just got off work, but the GM or the other main manager wasn't there yesturday (thursday) so i'll have a talk with them today. I also like the beating the doodie out of him outside of work... thing is im 18 and well I can be arrested for that type of thing. Also if I tell on him no one gives a hootinanny because they hate him also.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #11
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Yeah, 1 in a million chance they are gonna fire him over that Talonchick. If you read through his whole post that would seem obvious.

I did read his whole post but you also have to remember we are only getting one side of the story here. There could be other factors involved that were not portrayed to us.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #12
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Specifically what has he done? If i was in your shoes i would get just as mean and angry back. When i had co-workers at my job (mcdonalds ) who were noobs there telling me that they work more than me i flat out blew up in his face and said "Bullsh*t STFU!" and my manager sided with me and told the noob to be quiet. He also steals cigarette breaks because he doesnt inhale.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #13
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
I did read his whole post but you also have to remember we are only getting one side of the story here. There could be other factors involved that were not portrayed to us.

Quote:
Specifically what has he done?

what hes done

leaves me in theatres,watches me do the trash, watches movies in the theatre, stands in the theatre when people are leaving, cleans theatres when people are watching the credits ALL THESE THINGS ARE AGAINST THE RULES OR DIRECTIONS FROM THE SUPERVISOR THAT HE WAS SUPPOSE TO DO

things i've done
antagonised a situation from me being sarcastic and him saying something back. I called him my friend (he knows it was just to piss him off I only did this one time), I tell people what they do wrong when they make a mistake (im not supervisor so I have no right to I just would like someone to tell me if i made a mistake whether from a customer or employee or manager).

and just another thing that pisses me off, he tells his dad and his dad comes in and talks to the managers about me
Old 12-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #14
adamc44
CF Freak

Quote:
leaves me in theatres,watches me do the trash, watches movies in the theatre, stands in the theatre when people are leaving, cleans theatres when people are watching the credits ALL THESE THINGS ARE AGAINST THE RULES OR DIRECTIONS FROM THE SUPERVISOR THAT HE WAS SUPPOSE TO DO

id just let it go also, you just stated these are things that he is doing against the rules so hes eventually going to get caught. besides why should you care? i mean your not the manager..id just be like wtf ever man do what ya want and go about my business. your prob nagging him too and i mean really an 18yr old tellin a 31 yr old what to do, well i could understand where he could be a little pissed. but, if ya really want to piss him off you should point that out to him... "hey buddy your 31 and you clean up the floors in the theaters nice career choice..."

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:37 PM   #15
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
land just another thing that pisses me off, he tells his dad and his dad comes in and talks to the managers about me

LMFAO, are you sure this guy is 30ish? I mean seriously.