Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2005, 07:27 PM   #16
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfilice
The Cobalt SS and the SRT-4 are not even close to each other. The SRT-4 pushes out 230 horses and runs a 1/4 mile 13.9 sec,w/ a 5.3 sec 0-60. Cobalt SS only makes 205 hp, 14.9 1/4 mile w/ 6.4 sec 0-60. If you are looking for a nicer car on the interior and a daily driver, go with the cobalt. If you are looking for more performance for less money, SRT-4.

Just like to say I've still yet to see a COMPLETELY stock SRT-4 pulls these 13 second timeslips everyone claims. Best yet is 14.0x, average is more around low-mid 14s.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #17
IwantaSti
CF Newbie

Ok lets get it straight its not a Neon its a SRT-4..haha
IwantaSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #18
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantaSti
I'm not alone in the world.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:41 PM   #19
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantaSti

No one TRUELY believes that

~Blow your mind~

Old 12-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #20
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
No one TRUELY believes that
I do. So now its noone -1
Old 12-06-2005, 01:43 AM   #21
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I do. So now its noone -1

What about that SRT-8, now try and figure out WHICH SRT-8 I'm talking about

They still use "Neon" in the SRT-4 name, just like they use the name of every other SRT vehicle in the name; and it's apparent it IS a Neon (Same body,chassis...), just a modifed version of the Neon, just like the Civic Si is to the Civic DX/LX/EX.

~Blow your mind~

Old 12-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #22
newyorker
MXman

Quote:

They still use "Neon" in the SRT-4 name, just like they use the name of every other SRT vehicle in the name; and it's apparent it IS a Neon (Same body,chassis...), just a modifed version of the Neon, just like the Civic Si is to the Civic DX/LX/EX.
If you go to Dodge.com its called the SRT-4 and not the Neon SRT-4. I will admit that it looks familiar to the second gen neon, but its like the Big Brother to the SX and SXT, with better handling, more matured looks, and a more beefy powerplant.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:18 AM   #23
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
If you go to Dodge.com its called the SRT-4 and not the Neon SRT-4. I will admit that it looks familiar to the second gen neon, but its like the Big Brother to the SX and SXT, with better handling, more matured looks, and a more beefy powerplant.

Do you have any clue as to what SRT stands for?

Street and Racing Technology.

Which means that the SRT-4 will by default have the racing inspired interior, the sport tuned suspension, and a sport appearance package, as well as damn near double the horsepower over the neon.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:24 AM   #24
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:

They still use "Neon" in the SRT-4 name, just like they use the name of every other SRT vehicle in the name; and it's apparent it IS a Neon.

A) Right now there is only one SRT-8, the 300C with the 6.1L V8 Hemi.

B) No, the Neon name is not used in the SRT-4 Desigination. It's the only SRT group vehicle that does not use the name in desigination. The Ram, the 300C, and the Crossfire (SRT-10, 8 and 6 respectively) all utilize the names.

C) Yes, it is apparent that is a Neon....
Old 12-06-2005, 03:28 AM   #25
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife

B) No, the Neon name is not used in the SRT-4 Desigination. It's the only SRT group vehicle that does not use the name in desigination. The Ram, the 300C, and the Crossfire (SRT-10, 8 and 6 respectively) all utilize the names.

Regarding C. It cant really be called a neon, but since we all know it is, then its fine. Im on Neontuners.com and they have a section for SRT-4 so I guess tis all good. Not like it drives like a regular neon anyway.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:55 AM   #26
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Regarding C. It cant really be called a neon, but since we all know it is, then its fine. Im on Neontuners.com and they have a section for SRT-4 so I guess tis all good. Not like it drives like a regular neon anyway.

Same frame and body as the Neon....The Neon can even upgrade to the SRT Appearance package.

Most people will say that the SRT-4 is an individual car, due to the engine, suspension, and drivetrain. Yeah, that would make it largely different, especially since it is a wholly different type of tuning done to it, and that is usually why there are separate forums dedicated to it.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:57 AM   #27
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Same frame and body as the Neon....The Neon can even upgrade to the SRT Appearance package.

Most people will say that the SRT-4 is an individual car, due to the engine, suspension, and drivetrain. Yeah, that would make it largely different, especially since it is a wholly different type of tuning done to it, and that is usually why there are separate forums dedicated to it.
We can just pretend
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #28
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

I dont care what their webpage says, IT'S A NEON, just like the CIVIC Si, IS A CIVIC. The SAME principle, same chassis/body; just basically a new engine/tranny and suspension. The SRT-4 is NOT a separate car whole new car. It's part of the Neon lineup, it's the cream of the crop Neon, the highest performing Neon; that's the bottom line. Just because Dodge.com trys to pull off "it's an SRT-4, no Neon" doesn't mean it's not a Neon...and you'd have to be REALLY gullible to believe that. Like I said, it's uses the EXACT same chassis and body (with a body kit, the same body kit you can get on a Neon SXT), therefore it's still the same car, just a trim level above the rest, like the Civic Si. Heck even at the dealers they have the SRT-4 Neon alongside other Neons...They even call it "the SRT-4 Neon" at every dealership I've been too.

I just went to dodge.com and while they list the SRT-4 separatley from the Neon category, they have a picture the flashes up with the SRT-4 sitting next to a base Neon...

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 12-06-2005 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:37 AM   #29
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

You couldn't be more wrong about 'A'. There are MANY SRT-8 vehicles, hence why I said...

Quote:
"What about that SRT-8, now try and figure out WHICH SRT-8 I'm talking about"

Here's the list of JUST the SRT-8 vehicles, there are a total of 11 SRT badged vehicles CURRENTLY, 4 of them are SRT-8...
Magnum SRT-8
Grand Cherokee SRT-8
Charger SRT-8
300C SRT-8

B. I know DODGE "offically" doesn't use it. But they even SAY it's a Neon at the dealership if you're interested in one. And anyone who looks at the "Srt-4" then a "neon" easily notices they are the same vehicle just tuned differently. So what's wrong in calling it what it truely is (like ALL TEN other SRT badged vehicles...). Which is a Dodge Neon SRT-4. SRT-4 is just a trim level

BTW - it seems you need to catch-up on your SRT vehicles, I'll help...

http://www.drivesrt.com/en/srt_vehicles.html

There's all 11.

~Blow your mind~

Old 12-06-2005, 06:40 AM   #30
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

I disagree, most people WON'T say it's an individual car. They say it's missing the "Neon" name, since it's EXACTLY the same concept of the Civic Si compared to the Civic DX/LX/EX coupe (at least Honda stayed consistent with their Si moniker...keeping the name of the vehicle they modded). Anyone who believes the "SRT-4" is its own separate car IS REALLY in denial.

~Blow your mind~