Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 AM   #46
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
That's what I've been saying this entire time!

No, you've been saying that arguing that it's not called a Neon is retarded, when in fact it's accurate.

Quote:
Oh and Chris, I've searched for a while and to my understanding I've seen a few people post that on the new optional SAE standard EVERYTHING driven by a belt is tested, and a few said they didn't test the power steering unit before, and do now on this standard. I still cant dig up 100% true facts though, I've treid, just searched around on other forums.

The issue is that they were SUPPOSED to test the engies with everything on them in the OLD standard, but there was some ambiguity and no real certification process. The new standard is not really a change in what's measured, but in verifying that manufacturers are doing it like they are supposed to. I linked you to it, but you didn't read it correctly, as you were looking for an answer that doesn't exist. There is no new testing method or new accessory requirments. Only requirements that they follow the OLD standard, with an independant witness, in order to be considered certified.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 AM   #47
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
No, you've been saying that arguing that it's not called a Neon is retarded, when in fact it's accurate.



The issue is that they were SUPPOSED to test the engies with everything on them in the OLD standard, but there was some ambiguity and no real certification process. The new standard is not really a change in what's measured, but in verifying that manufacturers are doing it like they are supposed to. I linked you to it, but you didn't read it correctly, as you were looking for an answer that doesn't exist. There is no new testing method or new accessory requirments. Only requirements that they follow the OLD standard, with an independant witness, in order to be considered certified.

A. Ugh, still not what I meant.

B. Took care of in the other thread.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:54 AM   #48
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
About 'A'. Nice way to DODGE out of that one, but it didnt make you look any smarter You never mentioned anything about 2005 models, but okay, I'll play along. BTW - It's the 2006 model year NOW, and it has been, for a good solid month or two. So stop living in the past. You can get every SRT8 vehicle I listed for a few months now...

Whatever. And up here in Canada, no 2006 vehicles have hit the lots with only a few exceptions. They are all sitting in storage lots waiting to hit the lots. Maybe in the US they rush to get all the flashy and fancy new vehicles out onto the lots ASAP, but not up here in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
By offically, I mean just what offically means, go look it up. Dodge (As a brand) does not call it a "Neon" but just "SRT-4" (like I said). But that doesnt change the fact EVERY dealer I've gone too (probably 6-7 Mopar dealers), at ALL of them the Neon SRT-4 was sitting next to a bunch of Neon SXT's and such. And when I asked about the SRT-4 they all promptly kept saying "the NEon SRT-4", "yeah it's basically a trim level of the Neon, still the same car just a hot rod version". I AGREE with you, it's not a separate car (obviously), but it IS a trim level (in all of Dodge's "no it isnt'"ness) of the base Neon and Neon SXT, JUST like the Civic Si is a trim level of the Civic LX/EX coupe. I don't care what Dodge wants people to think, it's just like ALL OTHER SRT vehicles, whether or not it uses the name of the car i nit or not, they just FORGOT to use it for some odd reason.

Key words right there buddy - "...I've gone to..." - I can say the exact same damn thing about EVERY dealership I've gone to not calling it a Neon. Yes, they sit next to each other, but if you haven't noticed, the vehicles are lined up according to class. Trucks, SUVs, Cars, Vans. Happens that way at damn near every dealership. I'm sure the Civic Si sits next to Dx's on the lot, and Subaru Impreza Sti's sit next to Impreza 2.5i's, so on so forth. It's part of the upsell scheme. You walk in there, see the base model, a sales rep approaches you, and attempts the upsell to the "Sport" model of that vehicle.

Furthermore, I never said that Dodge vehemently denies that it isn't a Neon, they simply do not call it a Neon. I will concede that on the basic level, the SRT-4 and the Neon are the same. It's what the SRT team did to the SRT-4 that sets it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I dont even know why you blabbered on with the second paragraph. IT's all whatg I SAID... I said "it's the only SRT badged vehicle that doesnt have the name of the vehicle it's based off of". And no, the enigne doesn't "Set it apart" from the Neon. BECAUSE IT'S STILL BASED OFF THE NEON AND HAS THE NEAR SAME BODY. IF the engine sets it apart from the Neon then the Civic Si, is set apart from the Civic (As it uses a whole new unrelated engine and tranny)! You make no sense! You're just as inconsistent as Mopar was in naming the SRT vehicles, but wors ein fact is you almost try and make yourself believe it's "set apart from the Neon".

Did you honestly read what I said? It isn't just the engine that sets it apart, it was built from the ground up, a complete tuning package. They didn't just drop in the turbocharged 2.4L DOHC 4 cylinder, they did the suspension, brakes, interior, exterior. I don't need to try to make myself believe that it is set apart - because it is.

Thanks for admitting it again tbird:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
"it's the only SRT badged vehicle that doesnt have the name of the vehicle it's based off of".

So, if it doesn't carry the Neon name, just what in the hell is it called, oh wait, the SRT-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I've come to this conclusion, every Neon owner (or some Mopar fanatics) is in some sort of denial because the SRT4 isn't "labeled" as a Neon it is "A whole new car, maybe". Man, people can be delusional and believe anything they hear.

A very biased opinion. Maybe you should broaden your horizons, and talk to more people. It's a very popular opinion that it is not the Neon. Even car magazines don't call it the Neon. We all recognize that it isn't a BRAND NEW car, but rather that it is a very modified(from the factory) Neon, without carrying the Neon name.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #49
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Jeebus you are one person in EXTREME DENIAL. And can't even use facts to support your cause.

Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle. All you ever did was spew bullshit about how sales reps said it was the "Neon SRT-4", and how they were sitting side by side at the lot. I've used proven facts, paying particular attention to the buildup of the SRT-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You live in Canada and I live in the south (of the U.S. obviously). So probably people AMY say different things, but EVERY SINGLE non DODGE/NEON-Loyalist call it a "Neon SRT4" - because it is what it is, a TRIM LEVEL of the Neon.

Man, talk about taking it to the extreme with a huge hyperbole. Have you personally polled "EVERY SINGLE non DODGE/NEON Loyalist" to find out what the hell they think? That's right, just shut the hell up and talk about PROVEN facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Who cares what the specs are? You could use that FOR ANY car. "Oh the MAgnum SRT-8 has 425hp, a different suspension, tranny, exhaust and wheels from the Magnum SX with 190hp; IT'S a DIFFERENT CAR!" <- that's your dumbass logic.

Nope, considering the SRT-4 was completely worked over. The Magnum SRT-8 wasn't done up as extremely as the SRT-4. So much for my "dumbass logic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
The Civic Si does the SAME THING from the Civic the Neon SRT-4 does form the Neon. You obviously don't have a aclue as to what is in the Civic Si. First off, the Civic DX/LX/EX all share the same R18 1.8L SOHC i-VTEC 16v series engine with 140hp (150+hp on old SAE). The Civic Si uses a COMPLETELY different engine (absolutely NOTHING related to the R series engine), it's not a "bored out version" of the Civic engine...not at all. It's engine is the K20Z3 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC 16v with 197hp (really dyno tested at 220-225hp). The Civic Si, like the Neon SRT-4 still share the same chassis, and same body (with different skirts) with the Civic or Neon (in case of the Neon SRT4). The Civic Si, like the Neon SRT-4, has different seats, and a overall a slightly different interior than the base Civic (like the Neon SRT4). IT uses a COMPLETELY different 6spd tranny not even offered on the base Civics (like the Neon SRT4, only 5spd in that case). The whole suspension has been changed out for stiffer springs/shocks all around, not to mention fatter sway bars/strut bars (wow, just like the SRT4). Oh no, different wheels you say? Yup, bigger on the Civic Si with performance tires from the Civic (oh wow, you mean just like the Neon SRT-4 is from the Neon?). oh dont forget exhaust, same thing goes o nthe Civic Si, bigger exhaust all the way through on the Si from the base Civic (no thunderbird, you just didnt point out ANOTHER similarity between the Neon SRT4 and Civic Si!!!).

I'm sorry I don't spend my life looking up the fine specs of cars that I really could care less about. The majority of the difference between the Si and the rest of the Civics is the engine and drivetrain. When you look at the bare specs on any site, they don't even mention the engine code. They just name the 1.8 SOHC vs the 2.0 DOHC. Sorry I'm not in love with Honda.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...=Civic+Coup e

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...lName=Civic+Si

Doesn't seem to really make note of huge differences. Maybe you'll see exactly what I was reading this time. When you look at the differences in Suspension and Braking....it's kind of minimal, all things considered. It's not like they completly chucked out what was in the other models and redid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
So in essence the Neon SRT4 is no farther from the Neon than the Civic Si is from the Civic. As they share the SAME differences, but are built on the EXACT same platforms, and use roughly the SAME bodies (but again, with new skirts, and possibly a hood scoop). So, enough of your wrong facts about that, since I just ended that nonsense.

So in essence, the Neon is still farther from the SRT-4 then the Civic Si is from the Civic. So, enough of your biased, opinionated, bullshit about it being the same damn car. I already granted you that the Civic Si is different, but it still carries the name, the SRT-4 does not carry the Neon name, so don't even start with that shit again.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:40 AM   #50
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
t-bird, that link you posted requires a login.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #51
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Well, the SRT-4 and the Neon do use the same air conditioning knobs...

Of course I'm only kidding.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #52
IwantaSti
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 52
Oh well its just a Neon with a turbo...im mean srt4
IwantaSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #53
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantaSti
Oh well its just a Neon with a turbo...im mean srt4

Do we have to go there again? Are you even capable of learning anything? At least, can you stop being an insulting prick?
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #54
IwantaSti
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 52
I was just trying to end it with a little bit of humor
IwantaSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #55
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Well, the SRT-4 and the Neon do use the same air conditioning knobs...

Of course I'm only kidding.
It may be a neon, but its a Neon with a punch to it.
P.S. where have you been I havent seen you post in quite a bit.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #56
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantaSti
Oh well its just a Neon with a turbo...im mean srt4
And the STi is just a WRX with a turbo. Your point?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #57
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
It may be a neon, but its a Neon with a punch to it.
P.S. where have you been I havent seen you post in quite a bit.
Finals are coming up. I've been having to study quite a bit.

Matter of fact, seeing as how I'm in class I should probably be paying attention instead of typing this.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #58
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Whatever. And up here in Canada, no 2006 vehicles have hit the lots with only a few exceptions. They are all sitting in storage lots waiting to hit the lots. Maybe in the US they rush to get all the flashy and fancy new vehicles out onto the lots ASAP, but not up here in Canada.



Key words right there buddy - "...I've gone to..." - I can say the exact same damn thing about EVERY dealership I've gone to not calling it a Neon. Yes, they sit next to each other, but if you haven't noticed, the vehicles are lined up according to class. Trucks, SUVs, Cars, Vans. Happens that way at damn near every dealership. I'm sure the Civic Si sits next to Dx's on the lot, and Subaru Impreza Sti's sit next to Impreza 2.5i's, so on so forth. It's part of the upsell scheme. You walk in there, see the base model, a sales rep approaches you, and attempts the upsell to the "Sport" model of that vehicle.

Furthermore, I never said that Dodge vehemently denies that it isn't a Neon, they simply do not call it a Neon. I will concede that on the basic level, the SRT-4 and the Neon are the same. It's what the SRT team did to the SRT-4 that sets it apart.



Did you honestly read what I said? It isn't just the engine that sets it apart, it was built from the ground up, a complete tuning package. They didn't just drop in the turbocharged 2.4L DOHC 4 cylinder, they did the suspension, brakes, interior, exterior. I don't need to try to make myself believe that it is set apart - because it is.

Thanks for admitting it again tbird:


So, if it doesn't carry the Neon name, just what in the hell is it called, oh wait, the SRT-4.



A very biased opinion. Maybe you should broaden your horizons, and talk to more people. It's a very popular opinion that it is not the Neon. Even car magazines don't call it the Neon. We all recognize that it isn't a BRAND NEW car, but rather that it is a very modified(from the factory) Neon, without carrying the Neon name.


I still reach my conclusion that just Mopar nuts and Neon fans dont call it a Neon, everyone else on this earth I know has called it a Neon or "hey that turbo Neon". I dont nee dot "broaden my horizons", trust me, I know people. And have read reviews.

I've also come to the conclusion things in Canada, just aren't done the same like they are here in America.

I told you why it doesnt set it apart from the SRT-4 in another post, and yes I fully understood and comrpehended your post, which if you ACTUALLY comprehended mine, you'd understand why you were wrong as to why it isn't any more set apart than the Civic Si is from the Civic, as they use the near same exact modifications from the base levels of the car.

Again, just because Dodge DOESNT want it called a Neon, doesnt mean, it isnt a Neon.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #59
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle. All you ever did was spew bullshit about how sales reps said it was the "Neon SRT-4", and how they were sitting side by side at the lot. I've used proven facts, paying particular attention to the buildup of the SRT-4.

Oh please, how would YOU know what dealers and sales reps say down here, thousands of miles away. Oh yeah, that's right, YOU DONT So much for lying, If I am lying, then you must be lying too. You even just said yourself they put the SRT-4 next to Neons up there too! Then you said that's a lie that they do. What is it Dodge? Come on, what is it? Dont pull a john Kerry "I voted for it before I voted Against it" move.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Man, talk about taking it to the extreme with a huge hyperbole. Have you personally polled "EVERY SINGLE non DODGE/NEON Loyalist" to find out what the hell they think? That's right, just shut the hell up and talk about PROVEN facts.

It's called sample statistics pleb, go take a Statistics class OH, so I cant say what they are like (knowing every single one on here thinks that way and many people I know who are mopar nuts or neon nuts think that way too), but you have the "Facts" when your opinion is just the same as mine, again what "I'm right you're wrong" BS...


Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Nope, considering the SRT-4 was completely worked over. The Magnum SRT-8 wasn't done up as extremely as the SRT-4. So much for my "dumbass logic".

Oh really? It wasn't "done up" as much as the Neon SRT-4 was from the Neon? I might just let someone else prove you wrong, AGAIN. Nope, I will...

Engine: Different in both
Tranny: different in both
Suspension: different in both
Body modifications:different in both
Wheels/tires: different in both
Interior: slightly different in both

Wow dodger, seems like it's the SAME CONCEPT TO ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
I'm sorry I don't spend my life looking up the fine specs of cars that I really could care less about. The majority of the difference between the Si and the rest of the Civics is the engine and drivetrain. When you look at the bare specs on any site, they don't even mention the engine code. They just name the 1.8 SOHC vs the 2.0 DOHC. Sorry I'm not in love with Honda.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...=Civic+Coup e

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...lName=Civic+Si

Doesn't seem to really make note of huge differences. Maybe you'll see exactly what I was reading this time. When you look at the differences in Suspension and Braking....it's kind of minimal, all things considered. It's not like they completly chucked out what was in the other models and redid it.

HAHAHA, so now you are trying to use your LACK OF KNOWLEDGE to prove you are right. Trustm, I know about every damn bit of difference from the Civic Si and Civic, and about the same goes for the Neon SRT-4 and the Neon. THEY DID BASICALLY THE SAME MODIFCATIONS, END OF STORY. I went over it once, read it back over and let it sink in. I can't believe you have the nerve to type "it's minimal and they didnt chuck out nearly as much as the SRT-4". What a load BS, just after I said the Si has new seats/different interior, different unrelated tranny (6spd vs. 5spd), all new unrelated engine (k20 vs. R18), different body, different brakes, all new suspension an LSD etc... What does the SRT-4 do from the Neon that the Civic Si doesn't do from the base Civic? A hood scoop? Oh yeah, that's a HUGE difference( ). The point is, the SRT4 differs from the Neon in the same EXACT way nearly as the Civic Si differs from the Civic. End of story; you even said "I dont know what exactly they differ in", even AFTER I told you specifically they differ i nthe SAME WAYS. YOU just refuse to get the facts, not myself. Like I said, the "SRT4 is not a Neon" Dodge propaganda has hit you strong, and worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
So in essence, the Neon is still farther from the SRT-4 then the Civic Si is from the Civic. So, enough of your biased, opinionated, bullshit about it being the same damn car. I already granted you that the Civic Si is different, but it still carries the name, the SRT-4 does not carry the Neon name, so don't even start with that shit again.

And in essence, you're completely WRONG, again. So wow, it all comes down to this again, since the SRT4 doesn't use the Neon badge, it is farther from the Neon than the Civic Si is from the Civic (knowing they do the same kind of modifcations)? Wow, just wow, that dumb thought of yours sums up your entire biased, dumbass view.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #60
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
t-bird, that link you posted requires a login.

Just sign up for it, takes 5 seconds. You wont get any email (Except I think to confirm registration).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.