Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:39 AM   #1
94accordprobs
CF Newbie

Porting and polishing

Are manifolds and heads ported and polished by hand or by a machine??
cause i work at a porche engine shop and i do them by hand...are they usually suppose to done by machine??...just want to know...
Old 12-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
if you work at a porshe engine shop and do that kind of work i hope to god you know the history of the work and the way it's done, i smell bullshit. do you feel the need to lie because you have an inferiorly small penis?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
windman
CF Enthusiast

im with banff on this one
work where in the shop cleaning the rest rooms?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #4
carlos
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94accordprobs
cause i work at a porche engine shop and i do them by hand...are they usually suppose to done by machine??...just want to know...
so you work at at Porche machine shop, which by the way is spelled Porsche, and you can't answer your own question?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well, well, well. I just took a quick look at your post history. You have an awful lot of silly questions about the mechanics of automobiles for someone who works in a "Porche" shop porting heads. I too smell big steaming piles of bullsh*t.

Maybe you meant to say you work giving head on the porch. That's probably a bit closer.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 12-03-2005, 12:43 AM   #6
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

I for one believe him. After all, there isn't such thing as a porche engine shop anyway.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
94accordprobs
CF Newbie

i'm not lying

i'm asking the question because i want to know...and okay so i spelled porsche wrong....sorry...but i do work at a porsche engine shop...but it's for like classic porsche...like 70 - 80's....and they let me port and polish...tear down motors...hone cylinders, and clean pistons...so far that's what i've done...i've been working there for like only three months.... so are they usually done by hand or by a machine??
And why do you guys think i'm lying??....is porting and polishing difficult to do??...cause they come out pretty nice when i do it...
Old 12-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
i'm asking the question because i want to know...and okay so i spelled porsche wrong....sorry...but i do work at a porsche engine shop...but it's for like classic porsche...like 70 - 80's....and they let me port and polish...tear down motors...hone cylinders, and clean pistons...so far that's what i've done...i've been working there for like only three months.... so are they usually done by hand or by a machine??
And why do you guys think i'm lying??....is porting and polishing difficult to do??...cause they come out pretty nice when i do it...
Okay then, why don't you explain to us the procedure you use when porting and polishing manifolds and heads at your job. I'd be interested in how a real expert does it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 12-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #9
newyorker
MXman

You said that you do it, but you dont know how? And you work with Porsche? I wouldnt trust you to fill my Neon with a drop of gas
EDIT...if you do it by hand on a 70s-80s porsche with all of that buildup, then I suppose porting and polishing your little Civic isnt too hard. You sound like another ricer. I lied like you did about 2 weeks ago and got caught on my shit bad. Why dont you just stop it now?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #10
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Well, well, well. I just took a quick look at your post history. You have an awful lot of silly questions about the mechanics of automobiles for someone who works in a "Porche" shop porting heads. I too smell big steaming piles of bullsh*t.

Maybe you meant to say you work giving head on the porch. That's probably a bit closer.
man o man
Old 12-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #11
94accordprobs
CF Newbie

I"m just asking because i don't know if that's the right way to do it...cause the people there train me to do it....first i measure the heads and manifolds...making the manifolds 1 mm smaller than the heads...then i cut inside the heads and mainfolds using a drill bit...i think the bit is like 1/2 inch in diameter...or maybe less...how i cut and the amount i cut or widen the hole depends on engine size and if it has magnesium or aluminum manifolds...so i cut down the manifolds and heads going at a slight diagonal... and then i change the drill bit into this sander...and i sand the inside using first a rough grid...i forget the number of the first grid...but then i use a 60 grid and then 120 grid...and then i lastly sand it using a grinder with a 120 grid strip..and it comes out pretty smooth..is that the way to do it....cause that's the way they teach me....
I don't understand why you guys are getting all angry and skeptical..i'm not claiming i'm an expert at it...i never did...you guys are just assuming something...and i don't know why....my first question was if porting and polishing was done by hand or machine....i mean is it usually done by hand or by a machine??...that's what i'm askinng...i didn't say..."so i'm an expert at this port and polishing thing and that's how it's done" i was just asking..
And as for you "newyorker" why the hell would you lie about something on a forum??? you ****in loser
Old 12-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I"m just asking because i don't know if that's the right way to do it...cause the people there train me to do it....first i measure the heads and manifolds...making the manifolds 1 mm smaller than the heads...then i cut inside the heads and mainfolds using a drill bit...i think the bit is like 1/2 inch in diameter...or maybe less...how i cut and the amount i cut or widen the hole depends on engine size and if it has magnesium or aluminum manifolds...so i cut down the manifolds and heads going at a slight diagonal... and then i change the drill bit into this sander...and i sand the inside using first a rough grid...i forget the number of the first grid...but then i use a 60 grid and then 120 grid...and then i lastly sand it using a grinder with a 120 grid strip..and it comes out pretty smooth..is that the way to do it....cause that's the way they teach me....
I don't understand why you guys are getting all angry and skeptical..i'm not claiming i'm an expert at it...i never did...you guys are just assuming something...and i don't know why....my first question was if porting and polishing was done by hand or machine....i mean is it usually done by hand or by a machine??...that's what i'm askinng...i didn't say..."so i'm an expert at this port and polishing thing and that's how it's done" i was just asking..
And as for you "newyorker" why the hell would you lie about something on a forum??? you ****in loser
and youre lying your ass of as well. you dont work at a porsche shop because if you did, you wouldnt be asking these questions. If they show you thats the right way, then im sure it is. Besides yuo can probbably do it by hand and machine. So youre the loser coming here and making a false identity for yourself.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:49 PM   #13
94accordprobs
CF Newbie

shut up newyorker...u just answered my quesiton that i asked in the first place...that's all you had to say...and i just explained how they teached me...and all you have to say is "If they show you thats the right way, then im sure it is" ????....come on so are you saying that you don't know how to do it....if you're the "expert" then how do you do it by hand...please explain....
and as for the false identity???....i just started working there you idiot...i'm not some freakin porsche expert...i'm just beginning...
what did you lie about anyways....cause i'm not lying about working at a porshce shop..i mean they train me there and explain shit... i mean 1st day i started there i didn'tknow shit..but they're teaching me some stuff...why is that so hard to believe...i mean rebuilding and engine doesn't require you do to multivariable calculus or something...it just takes time to learn the parts and where they go....the right torque specs. and it's in a freakin haynes manual..
and as for you vwhobo...shut up u ****in honky
Old 12-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
shut up newyorker...u just answered my quesiton that i asked in the first place...that's all you had to say...and i just explained how they teached me...and all you have to say is "If they show you thats the right way, then im sure it is" ????....come on so are you saying that you don't know how to do it....if you're the "expert" then how do you do it by hand...please explain....
and as for the false identity???....i just started working there you idiot...i'm not some freakin porsche expert...i'm just beginning...
what did you lie about anyways....cause i'm not lying about working at a porshce shop..i mean they train me there and explain shit... i mean 1st day i started there i didn'tknow shit..but they're teaching me some stuff...why is that so hard to believe...i mean rebuilding and engine doesn't require you do to multivariable calculus or something...it just takes time to learn the parts and where they go....the right torque specs. and it's in a freakin haynes manual..
Straight up, I know NOTHING about port and polish. I just said that if you work there, and you do it by hand, then obviously thats one way to do it. Im sure there are machines for it as well, maybe to make it more accurate or clean in a way. I lied about having chips in my car. I would like it if you explained to me how a port and polish is done and what the benefits of it are. Costs and such.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I expect your lifespan on this forum to be measured in minutes. Is it really neccesary to use racial epithets or is that how you cover for your very weak story?

Hint; You don't use drill bits to port a head, you use carbide burrs.

Closed Thread