Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2005, 03:23 AM   #1
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

Help Me Honda

ALRIGHT, which is a better company nissan or honda... if you answer nissan please press your back browser now... if you answer honda please tell me why. Me and my friend are debating which company is better, he has a 300zx and thinks it pwns all, we been arguing about it for a lil bit now. so need some strong compelling arguments on why honda is better than nissan, ive already spat out all 3 pages i can think off, cmon my vtec brothas help me out.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:29 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
ALRIGHT, which is a better company nissan or honda... if you answer nissan please press your back browser now... if you answer honda please tell me why. Me and my friend are debating which company is better, he has a 300zx and thinks it pwns all, we been arguing about it for a lil bit now. so need some strong compelling arguments on why honda is better than nissan, ive already spat out all 3 pages i can think off, cmon my vtec brothas help me out.
This is the same old tired argument that people with too much time and too little brains always go on about. Both companies have their strong points and their weak points. Neither is better than the other.

You might be able to determine if one or the other builds a better car for a specific purpose, but attempting to compare companies is ludicrous and a waste of everyone's time.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:22 AM   #3
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

I prefer Nissan. The 350Z over the S2000, for sure. The Skyline GT-R over the NSX, maybe the Z-Tune.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:47 AM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Like hobo said, people like and dislike each company on their own drawbacks and positives. Nissan tends to have larger displacement motors in their vehicles and produce a little more power than do Hondas, but in almost all cases a Honda counterpart gets better gas mileage. Hondas have almost always been a step above Nissan in the reliability department. Nissan is more daring in their designs than Honda is, this is easily seen in even their bread and butter Altima as it tries to "Stand out" from the rest. Nissan tends to make heavier vehicles (Again, with bigger engines). Just look at the 300ZXTT, Honda would NEVER think of coming out with a 3400-3500lb RWD Twin Turbo V6 coupe. On the other hand, Nissan would never probably make a RWD sports car like the S2000 that was so small and powered with a SCREAMING N/A four cylinder. Instead, Nissan makes a 3600lb pig of a roadster with a large V6 (350Z).

Each company has it's own merits. They are on two different agendas and it's apparent. Nissan is FULLY into the Truck and SUV market with body on frame designs with 4.0L V6 base engines and 5.6L V8's while Honda isn't even venturing out of unibody based SUV's with no bigger engines than 3.5L V6's and dont even have a "truck" to speak of (The Ridgeline is an SUV, with a small bed). It's just not fair to say one company is better than the other. Because certain people like big, heavy convertibles with just "okay" handling and big engines; while other people enjoy small, light convertibles with high revving four cylinders and superior handling.

That's just the way it is.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:51 AM   #5
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
I prefer Nissan. The 350Z over the S2000, for sure. The Skyline GT-R over the NSX, maybe the Z-Tune.

Nah I'd take an S2000 over a 350z but I'm not sure about the GT-R and NSX, there both good can't we combine them to make the ultimate car?
I'd probably take the GT-R because I'm a bit of a fan.

Just tell your mate if nissans so good how come they have nothing to do with formula 1.

Honda and Nissan are both good.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 AM   #6
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Its all about preferences.Why would there be any Hyundais or Kias on the road if honda is the universal "best"?

ps. VTEC = overrated
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:00 AM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
Its all about preferences.Why would there be any Hyundais or Kias on the road if honda is the universal "best"?

ps. VTEC = overrated

It's only "overrated" by the Ricers who think it's god's gift to people without forced induction.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:09 AM   #8
newyorker
MXman

The 300ZX doesnt own everything out there, but it will take its fair share of cars. The twin turbo is however a very mean machine. Honda has some nice cars as well. S2000, new civic, Prelude. Its really a dead argument because youre both just pissing in the wind. The point here is that both companies have their ups and downs just like any other manufacturer out there, and no matter what there will always be a car thats better at one point or another. The McLaren F1 was the beast untill the Veyron. Something will replace the Veyron sooner or later. He cant say that it owns all, because you can now call him a RICER!
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:19 AM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Both cars are good...depends on what you use them for...I'd take a Nissan Titan over a Honda Ridgeline, a Nissan Skyline over almost any other semi-exotic car, possible even an NSX (never really had to choose though...maybe some day ), but I also like the Civic Si over the Sentra, and motorcycles, and ATV's/Dirtbikes, I like Honda, because as far as I know, Nissan doesn't have any, and Honda's are reliable...Just my
Old 12-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #10
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Both cars are good...depends on what you use them for...I'd take a Nissan Titan over a Honda Ridgeline, a Nissan Skyline over almost any other semi-exotic car, possible even an NSX (never really had to choose though...maybe some day ), but I also like the Civic Si over the Sentra, and motorcycles, and ATV's/Dirtbikes, I like Honda, because as far as I know, Nissan doesn't have any, and Honda's are reliable...Just my
Nissan is also reliable...quite more than Honda. Ive never heard of a Maxima needing anything other than oil and the regular stuff before 150k miles.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #11
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Nissan is also reliable...quite more than Honda. Ive never heard of a Maxima needing anything other than oil and the regular stuff before 150k miles.

No offense but I highly doubt you have near enough car experience to make near that kind of assumption, especially because chances are your friend has an altima. Thats like taking your two friends one with a civic one with an altima and comparing what all maintenance they have needed. POINTLESS, ever think about how the cars were treated before your friends got them? And don't say their parents because 80% of adults do oil changes and thats about it.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Hey, guys... We can stop the conversation now. Even the dimmest amongst us understands that they both have good and bad points, so you can't say one company is better than the other. More importantly, the ADD pinhead who started the thread isn't interested in what we have to say, because it doesn't support his side of the argument. Read the first line of the opening post... He wants somebody to agree with him or he doesn't care what you have to say. It looks like he's the poster boy for closed mindedness.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #13
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Hey, guys... We can stop the conversation now. Even the dimmest amongst us understands that they both have good and bad points, so you can't say one company is better than the other. More importantly, the ADD pinhead who started the thread isn't interested in what we have to say, because it doesn't support his side of the argument. Read the first line of the opening post... He wants somebody to agree with him or he doesn't care what you have to say. It looks like he's the poster boy for closed mindedness.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:33 PM   #14
95civicdima
CF Addict

What i think he did was he created the thread incorrectly. If he would've explained that he would like to learn some of the best strongpoints of Honda's and shit like that i don't think it would've gotten so out of hand. Then further along said something like "how about compared to nissan?" more delicate not exactly how he did it. Personally i think both are great companies Nissan makes more luxury cars Honda makes more economical cars. Depends on prefrence as well. My friend has an altima and i have a civic we never compare and go at who's is better.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:59 PM   #15
fudge
let's fighting love

I prefer Honda as their cars appeal to me more than Nissan or toyota. As what everyone says it'a all about personal preferences.