Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Satty... the new Cliffy?

Locking this thread is absolutely f*cking bullsh*t. There is no good reason to lock it except... Except nothing. That is a pure abuse of power.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Last edited by vwhobo : 12-03-2005 at 08:21 PM.
vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman

It was pretty funny I dont understand whats the problem with bringing back an old thread. I suppose that maybe making a new one with the same content would make it all the better. Makes no sense.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Easy answer Hobo...THAT THREAD IS ALMOST TWO ****ING YEARS OLD!!!!! Almost eveyone and their mom have seen that vid. I'm sorry to those who haven't seen it, but you know what? You can still search for it. I locked it, I didn't delete it.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Easy answer Hobo...THAT THREAD IS ALMOST TWO ****ING YEARS OLD!!!!! Almost eveyone and their mom have seen that vid. I'm sorry to those who haven't seen it, but you know what? You can still search for it. I locked it, I didn't delete it.
Well let's see Mr High and Mighty. If somebody doesn't know it exists, how are they supposed to search for it? Using that theory, we don't even need these forums, people can just go online and search for everything. The whole reason that thread was there to begin with was for people's enjoyment and now you come along and play thought police. That's like saying that if your parents have a video that's over two years old you're going to throw it in the trash because it's too old. I bet that would go over like a turd in a punch bowl. You need to lose the power trip little man.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 12-04-2005, 12:16 AM   #5
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

You know what Hobo, if you have a problem with me, or how I do my "job" discuss it with me through PM, AIM, or e-mail. Seeing as how you would always tell other people to take a 2-way convo to private messaging or the like, why don't you go ahead and take your own advice.

My wife's cars:

Old 12-04-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Before starting a new thread, search first to check that the thread you are about to start hasn't already been written.

this is from the rules and regulations, what if hobo just wanted to show the forum again because it just now got brought up again on other sites. Another thing, I do believe it was an abuse of power because its not like it was just sitting there, people were making comments on it, which shows you even though its old you can still find away to talk about it. thats just my
Old 12-04-2005, 01:27 AM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Isn't it in the rules that old threads can be revived?...More specifically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules And Regulations
Before starting a new thread, search first to check that the thread you are about to start hasn't already been written.

I guess nobody wanted to make another thread, but it basically says old threads can be revived...and it serves a purpose, not like there was any post-whoring, people were watching it, and giving their opinions, as the thread was intended to do...

Everybody just needs to lighten up a little bit though

BTW How is Satty turning into Cliffy? I've never seen Cliffy lock/delete threads without a good reason behind it
Old 12-04-2005, 04:40 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
You know what Hobo, if you have a problem with me, or how I do my "job" discuss it with me through PM, AIM, or e-mail. Seeing as how you would always tell other people to take a 2-way convo to private messaging or the like, why don't you go ahead and take your own advice.
I challenge you to show me one instance where I said that. It's not my fault you're abusing your power, or maybe more correctly misusing it.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:04 AM   #9
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Oh please Hobo. You know you've said it. I don't have the time or the patience to go look up ****ing ancient history like you apperently do. I have a life. I work at a shop, have a girlfriend that I go on dates with quite often, hang out with friends, Go to school, and sit down and talk with my familly. And what the hell made you search for that vid anyways? That's not even that funny anymore. If everyone is going to complain when I do something why am I still a supermod? Why doesn't somebody just start a "Flame on Satty" thread if what I do is so unjustified and if I'm "abusing my powers". It's not even an important thread. You people take shit way too seriously. You guys get 10 people to say that I was wrong in this, and I'll unlock it. Till then...I will stand by my decision.

My wife's cars:

Old 12-04-2005, 06:14 AM   #10
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

does someone need to call the waaambulance?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:24 AM   #11
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

Quote:
Oh please Hobo. You know you've said it. I don't have the time or the patience to go look up ****ing ancient history like you apperently do. I have a life. I work at a shop, have a girlfriend that I go on dates with quite often, hang out with friends, Go to school, and sit down and talk with my familly. And what the hell made you search for that vid anyways? That's not even that funny anymore. If everyone is going to complain when I do something why am I still a supermod? Why doesn't somebody just start a "Flame on Satty" thread if what I do is so unjustified and if I'm "abusing my powers". It's not even an important thread. You people take shit way too seriously. You guys get 10 people to say that I was wrong in this, and I'll unlock it. Till then...I will stand by my decision.

so you sound like a very happy person, then why are you so uptight about such a little incident, and i dont see in the rules where it says you cant revive threads...
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:34 AM   #12
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh please Hobo. You know you've said it. I don't have the time or the patience to go look up ****ing ancient history like you apperently do. I have a life. I work at a shop, have a girlfriend that I go on dates with quite often, hang out with friends, Go to school, and sit down and talk with my familly. And what the hell made you search for that vid anyways? That's not even that funny anymore. If everyone is going to complain when I do something why am I still a supermod? Why doesn't somebody just start a "Flame on Satty" thread if what I do is so unjustified and if I'm "abusing my powers". It's not even an important thread. You people take shit way too seriously. You guys get 10 people to say that I was wrong in this, and I'll unlock it. Till then...I will stand by my decision.[/

It's not the point itself that you locked it Dumb@$$, it's the reason WHY you did it. Hopefully your access to the internet will be cut short, and you will disappear again as before because none missed your sorry ass.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #13
adamc44
CF Freak

Quote:

i suggested in the feedback suggestions about locking out alot of the old threads so they werent resurrected and everybody said no, blah blah blah mods are to lazy blah blah blah to much work blah blah blah...so im going to say your WRONG, no old threads should be locked out unless they are turning into advertising or flame wars........

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Where is doesn't actually state anything of the kind in the rules....I for one can see how annoying it can get to keep on seeing a revived thread!

BTW, hobo...because you used my name in another thread title (I'm sure there's been a few!)....I'll assume it's because you secretly want to be like me

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 12-04-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #15
97Talonchik
discombobulated

I just wanted to say I have never seen that video and I found it absolutely hilarious. In fact I watched it over and over just for giggles. No harm, no foul? It was a funny video.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote