Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2005, 03:34 AM   #1
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Is it possible.

Ok. My mom might be getting a new car and shes not selling or trading her Chrysler LHS (95-96 i think) and if she says i can its gonna be mine. The only thing is i dont want it to look like a granny car. Is there any body kits or rims i could add to make it look less bucket?
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:22 AM   #2
Aondor
CF Addict

woah

woah if the lhs was in good shape Id love to have it has a first drive lots of space for friends and comfy who care if it looks like a granny car. Beside if you bod kit it it will look like like some yuppy.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:32 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I agree, that doesn't look too much of a 'granny car,' but if you really want to make people respect the car, how about a turbocharger? Just have to race 3 or 4 idiots...

For looks...firstly, and I learned this recently too, but it's 'wheels' not 'rims'

And I wouldn't go with something like that...If you want to do some fabrication, look around for a body kit that is pretty close to that body (I doubt there would be one for an LHS)...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:53 AM   #4
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Yeh i already looked. I figured just maybe they would cause my friend has a sebring with a bod kit on it.My mom just got a GMC envoy. I really want her car because its so much better compared to my 73 nova. Its atleast got air conditioning and a heater that works properly. But i get enough flak from my nova having 4 doors. I dont need ppl making fun of me for driving a big ol chrysler.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Anything is possible, but the LHS is a luxury sedan. I would tint the windows that will make it look better right away. What color is it BTW?
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:09 AM   #6
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Ok. My mom might be getting a new car and shes not selling or trading her Chrysler LHS (95-96 i think) and if she says i can its gonna be mine. The only thing is i dont want it to look like a granny car. Is there any body kits or rims i could add to make it look less bucket?
You want my advice? Don't spend money on upgradind your first car unless you like it, it's a good car, and you're gonna keep it. Most people end up with something else sooner rather than later. I can guarantee that unless you do some MAJOR things to it(like what they do on Pimp My Ride), you won't get your money back out of it. So if you're gonna keep the car for a while, by all means, do w/e. Otherwise, save the money.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:11 AM   #7
newyorker
MXman

If youre looking to make it like that, then its poor taste on your part at least IMO.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 AM   #8
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Its white with the stock alloy wheels . Its got some giddyup in it. Ive gotten it up to 100 on the back roads before i got my nova. Fun car just doesnt look good. My friend also has some uni wheels that would fit on that chrysler. If i could i would tint the windows and add some chrome to its life.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #9
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker

If youre looking to make it like that, then its poor taste on your part at least IMO.

What are you talkin about dude, that car looks so fing pimp, a few more body parts and it would look like an original car.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #10
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Its white with the stock alloy wheels . Its got some giddyup in it. Ive gotten it up to 100 on the back roads before i got my nova. Fun car just doesnt look good. My friend also has some uni wheels that would fit on that chrysler. If i could i would tint the windows and add some chrome to its life.
What year?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
What year?

Quote:

Old 12-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #12
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

So you'd rather get laughed at for having a body kit on a luxury sedan (you probably wont even paint it, either), than be seen driving one? I'd take the car and keep it as it is and save up money to buy yourself something you like.

If you saved up money, and also sold the car later, you could buy something pretty good. Its still sells for pretty decent money.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:08 AM   #13
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
So you'd rather get laughed at for having a body kit on a luxury sedan (you probably wont even paint it, either), than be seen driving one? I'd take the car and keep it as it is and save up money to buy yourself something you like.

If you saved up money, and also sold the car later, you could buy something pretty good. Its still sells for pretty decent money.
He didn't listen to me, what makes you think he'll listen to you? He's obviously bent on throwing some money away.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
He didn't listen to me, what makes you think he'll listen to you? He's obviously bent on throwing some money away.
If its throwing money away you want give it to me and il do it for you
Old 12-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #15
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Thanks captain obvious. I just wanted to know the EXACT year.