Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
bigfrye
CF Newbie

Nitrogen

I am fairly new and im not sure if i'm putting this in the correct spot, but my queation is...How do you guys feel about all of this filling tires with nitrogen? Air we breath is 78% nitrogen correct? And the explination is that if you put nitrogen in your tires, it will not expand and therefor aren't they giving customers the wrong idea when they tell them that because they have nitrogen in thier tires, there is absolutely no need to check them??? Has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing? Rip off?? no yes?
bigfrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:09 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

It isn't too expensive, especially considering the tires last longer, and your car will handle a bit better, I've also heard your tires don't heat up as much, and the tires should last longer too...

Never used it, but then again I don't drive
Old 12-08-2005, 06:32 AM   #3
bigfrye
CF Newbie

Thanks

I had never heard that it makes your tires last longer but i'm not aware of its artributes. Im just waiting for the first fool that they have told that they will "never have to check thier tires" because they put nitrogen in them to show up with a ruined rim because they had a flat due to a puncture and they continued to drive on it because of that false sense of security that was fed to them. I hope its not me.
bigfrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:11 AM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well also it's said to not have any moisture in it like oxygen has. Of course it's not idiot proof (as there's no such thing lol) but you can go without having to worry about your tire pressure as much (never rule out checking it occassionally though). It's just said to be better for your tires then oxygen is.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote