Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2004, 01:30 AM   #1
87delta88
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
Unhappy Olds Delta 88 idle problems

I have a 1987 Olds Delta 88 RB with the 3.8L odd fire V6 and 4 spd auto w/OD, 142000 miles.

At idle the engine runs very rough. With the lights and AC on, the car will sometimes die when slowing down from 55+. It has also died while idling, with both lights and AC on.
The voltmeter will range from 12-14 VDC at idle, but stay close to 14 when driving. The AC works fine.

There are no codes that come up on the diagnostic test.

The spark plugs are two months old, though the plug wires are a couple years old (I think).

Thanks!
87delta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:43 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87delta88
I have a 1987 Olds Delta 88 RB with the 3.8L odd fire V6 and 4 spd auto w/OD, 142000 miles.

At idle the engine runs very rough. With the lights and AC on, the car will sometimes die when slowing down from 55+. It has also died while idling, with both lights and AC on.
The voltmeter will range from 12-14 VDC at idle, but stay close to 14 when driving. The AC works fine.

There are no codes that come up on the diagnostic test.

The spark plugs are two months old, though the plug wires are a couple years old (I think).

Thanks!
I'm assuming you want a question answered, or maybe you're just telling us this because you like to type. Either way the place that all new members should start is the "Introduce Yourself" section of this fine forum.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
what would also be cool is putting this in repair and maintenance!
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:57 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
what would also be cool is putting this in repair and maintenance!
Yes it would be if I had the ability to do so.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 05:08 AM   #5
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yes it would be if I had the ability to do so.

oh yeah i was referring to 87delta88...kind of a predicament you're in, eh?
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 05:10 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
oh yeah i was referring to 87delta88...kind of a predicament you're in, eh?
I don't know that I would call it a predicament, how about a situation?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:25 AM   #7
87delta88
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I don't know that I would call it a predicament, how about a situation?
Lol, leave it to a newbie to mess up the flow here Sorry guys, guess I missed that section of the forum.
87delta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.