Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #1
94redintrep
CF Newbie

Question 94 intrepid transmission mystery

When I come to a stop I feel my transmission slip for a second then it kicks in. If I drive it slow and baby it I don't have the problem. It's like the transmission can't keep up with the engine. Like the fluid isn't going through the transmission fast enough. Nobody can figure out what is wrong. They tell me wait till it goes completely out then get it rebuilt. It has 140k on it. I bought it at 110k and I don't know of any previous work on it. Any help out there?
94redintrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:48 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94redintrep
When I come to a stop I feel my transmission slip for a second then it kicks in. If I drive it slow and baby it I don't have the problem. It's like the transmission can't keep up with the engine. Like the fluid isn't going through the transmission fast enough. Nobody can figure out what is wrong. They tell me wait till it goes completely out then get it rebuilt. It has 140k on it. I bought it at 110k and I don't know of any previous work on it. Any help out there?
Maybe, but let me help you with this first. There is a section in this forum called "Introduce Yourself".. That should always be a new member's first stop especially when asking for help, otherwise that person might be considered very rude.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
94redintrep
CF Newbie

I have introduced myself, can I please get a response now.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:41 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I have introduced myself, can I please get a response now.
Sure, we can try. Can we get a complete, detailed, fact based, no attempt at diagnosis description of your problem?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #5
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Dammit, I hate it when my transmission can't keep up with the engine and I feel that my fluid is not moving through the transmission fast enough don't you all? I basically feel that I am not going anywhere too fast when that happens and I dont think anyone that reads this description will go anywhere with IT either. I believe they make a pill for that problem, but in order to know what to prescribe I would need a full examination first due to only about, oh say 50 things that come to mind. Have you even CHECKED the fluid level of the trans? I am not even going to go into all the assumptions that I could make from this because I don't like to assume anything, other than, in this case, the most obvious of transmission slippage. If the fluid has not been checked yet and no one can figure this out, you're dealing with idiots.

Quote:
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:39 AM   #6
94redintrep
CF Newbie

I thought when I registered in a car forum that I was going to be able to get advice from professionals. Or at least someone who has maybe encountered a similar problem and would lead me in the right direction. But to my dismay I am dealing with complete morons. Do you really think someone is not going to check the fluid level first. Why would you even waste the time saying that. You are an idiot. None of you can give an answer. You are all idiots.............
Old 03-18-2004, 01:14 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I thought when I registered in a car forum that I was going to be able to get advice from professionals. Or at least someone who has maybe encountered a similar problem and would lead me in the right direction. But to my dismay I am dealing with complete morons. Do you really think someone is not going to check the fluid level first. Why would you even waste the time saying that. You are an idiot. None of you can give an answer. You are all idiots.............
Well little buddy, since you're in a name calling mood, the fact is you're an idiot.

First you barge in here expecting help without even being polite enough to say hello. Then you give one of the lamest descriptions of your problem I've ever read. How the hell are we supposed to know you checked the fluid level or if you did, was it even checked correctly.

Now I get out of bed and find out I'n an idiot because I said "Sure, we can try. Can we get a complete, detailed, fact based, no attempt at diagnosis description of your problem?" That reply took ten times the intelligence of anything you have typed yet on this forum you f*cking moron you. Please do us all a favor and go piss up a rope.

Old 03-18-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

vwhobo, I was a bit suprised to see that you didn't do anything with this one.

Quote:
I thought when I registered in a car forum that I was going to be able to get advice from professionals.

94redintrep, how much did you have to pay when you joined this car forum site to get advice from professionals? We don't get paid to help you tourists so don't talk like we owe you anything.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #9
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

sorry ahead of time for this one

Well, well, well....another stupid ass that clearly has not got the brains nor the intelligence to see themselve out of clear plastic bag! How surprised I am. You think a trained professional mechanic would ASSUME anything you f$$king moron? Oh yeah, we're going to ASSume that YOU, being the GENIOUS we all KNOW you are (you're in here trying to get help with something you know NOTHING about) have checked the fluid. If you checked it, why did you not come on here and post EVERYTHING you've done and what's been checked??? GEE THAT MAKES SENSE NOW DOESN'T IT YOU SHIT-FOR-BRAINS???? Obviously your mother taught you nothing about assumptions and what they are. Maybe your problem is that you MAKE assumptions and the rest of us are too smart to do such a stupid thing. That is why you come across as having your head up your ass. It's people like you that that are the MORONS, asshole, so take VWHOBO's advice and go piss off. Furthermore, stick you head up your ass some more and crawl back under the rock you came from and stay there, shithead!!

Quote:
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:57 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

94redintrep, I know you're reading this right now. Please be man enough to say something for yourself.

Old 03-19-2004, 02:11 PM   #11
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Good luck getting anything out of this fool. Let's hope he was at least smart enough to take our suggestion to piss off. I'll be damned if this idiot is worthy of either my time or your's or anyone else's for that matter. I hope his transmission blows up and falls out of the car, could not care less. The only way I would see one brain cell in this dead beat SFB's would be if he came back on here and said "Guys, you're right, I am a complete and utter idiot and I did not realize that what I said was completely out of line, therefore, I am a jackass and I will admit it to you." Only then might I think there could possibly be anything worth two red in this one.

DISCLAIMER: Anyone coming in here for help who displays a problem description like this J/A did will be asked for more information and this might be brought to their attention in a witty/sarcastic way. Why?..because it would be common sense to most of us in here that we need technical details and not a 1-2 sentence description that means NOTHING. If you get all offended when someone calls you out so much so that you reply back making yourself look more like a fool than you already did, then this is not the right forum nor medium for you to be seeking help. If you do not know much about cars and you've properly introduced yourself to start with and followed proper protocol, then just tell us that you are not a car genious and I think any of the folks in here will be more than happy to work with you. Now, there may be some sarcasm and witty replies, but if you cannot deal with that and get your feelings hurt, then you may want to rethink the whole thing. Postings back to the forum of the OH SO THOUGHTFUL content that "94redintrep" made will not be tolerated because they shoot down all attempts to help the person without any thanks and show that there is a data communications problem between your mouth and brain ....therefore, you are more than likely to be flamed for it....and rightfully so. All we tried to do in this case was get more info. and did it in a way (my posting was a little sarcastic) that was evident, and he got all offended. Too damn bad.

94redintrep, if you are reading this, I would like to touch on one other EXCELLENT point that was brought up via one other member in here and it is regarding the fact that NONE of us are paid to come in here and help your sorry ass. We take our personal time to come and do it. Most of us work full time jobs and this is something that we enjoy doing and we throw a little fun into it while we're at it. So you know what bud, all those comments about what you would "expect" from in here and this that and the other...that is ALL bullshit because you are not paying anyone of us for a damn thing. We were trying to help you but again, being stupid, you can't see the forest for the trees. Your loss bud. Take your problems elsewhere because after this little escapade, I think (speaking for myself) that your "worth" level went from maaaaaaaaaaaaybe 5 out of 10 to a ZERO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
94redintrep, I know you're reading this right now. Please be man enough to say something for yourself.

Old 03-19-2004, 02:25 PM   #12
Unfedfat
Site Admin

Quote:
I thought when I registered in a car forum that I was going to be able to get advice from professionals.

uh oh...
Unfedfat is offline   Reply With Quote