Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

Rotor Problem

My 99 Alero GLS has disk brakes all around, and I had a major hub repair done on the front right and needed a new rotor, rather than have them charge me 50+ to do a simple (or what I thought would be simple) rotor change I decided to purchase my own, seeing as how I had replaced my front rotors before I had the hub repair done. So I knew how, however I have gotten the caliper and mounting bracket off the wheel and for some reason the rotor will not budge, I tried the rubber mallet trick a little bit, but am curious perhaps if I am missing something I did not have to worry about before. If any of you have any suggestions I would much appreciate.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:53 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Roller
My 99 Alero GLS has disk brakes all around, and I had a major hub repair done on the front right and needed a new rotor, rather than have them charge me 50+ to do a simple (or what I thought would be simple) rotor change I decided to purchase my own, seeing as how I had replaced my front rotors before I had the hub repair done. So I knew how, however I have gotten the caliper and mounting bracket off the wheel and for some reason the rotor will not budge, I tried the rubber mallet trick a little bit, but am curious perhaps if I am missing something I did not have to worry about before. If any of you have any suggestions I would much appreciate.
Wait just a f*cking minute. You started out in this forum asking about a problem with your car. As I recall I was the first and only one to give you the information you were looking for. Now you come here with another self induced problem expecting help but you haven't even said thanks for the last time.

Newsflash! The world does not revolve around you and we are not here getting paid to help you. A simple thank you costs absolutely nothing except a minute of your time. People like you are not worthy of the help available in this forum.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Last edited by vwhobo : 03-13-2004 at 09:55 PM.
vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:58 AM   #3
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

Woh woh woh

First of all, I am here asking for help again, yes. Second of all, where in the world did you ever help me? You assisted me in no way except to say that I am stupid and know nothing of cars. All you did was ask me what color was my wheel. I saw no sound or quality advice from you, and all that really happened in that thread was a flame war. But I forgive you, based on your 'everyday responsibilities' you know a fair deal about cars, so yes I am here asking again, and if you are capable of giving any assistance I would greatly appreciate it. However if all you are gonna do is yell at me and call that help then you might as well not reply to my topics at all. And if anyone else can help it would be greatly appreciated as well. Also in the future vwhobo, if you do help me, I will thank you for the assistance.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:04 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Roller
First of all, I am here asking for help again, yes. Second of all, where in the world did you ever help me? You assisted me in no way except to say that I am stupid and know nothing of cars. All you did was ask me what color was my wheel. I saw no sound or quality advice from you, and all that really happened in that thread was a flame war. But I forgive you, based on your 'everyday responsibilities' you know a fair deal about cars, so yes I am here asking again, and if you are capable of giving any assistance I would greatly appreciate it. However if all you are gonna do is yell at me and call that help then you might as well not reply to my topics at all. And if anyone else can help it would be greatly appreciated as well. Also in the future vwhobo, if you do help me, I will thank you for the assistance.
Yo slicko, remember this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Without seeing the car, your teacher is probably correct. The Alero is famous for eating front wheel bearings, at least the original factory wheel bearings. That's really about all there is to tell you. I don't know what other problems you have or what to do to fix them. You have the car, not me and my crystal ball is broken today.
Based on the information I had then and the info from this thread, I'd say I helped you by confirming what your teacher told you. Did anyone else do that? That is a big negatory Batman. You can ignore the truth but you can't change it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:13 PM   #5
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

Clearly...

that was already the assumed problem, or I would not have said that, I was looking for advice on if there wa any way I could fix it on my own, did you give me any of that sort of advice? I don't wanna be your enemy VWHobo, but I am just saying you didn't really help me out before, besides as I said at the start of this thread my car needed an entire hub replaced, 500 dollars, and so I don't really think that I was helped much, unless someone had actually told me how to rectify the bearing issue. But let us move beyond that mute point because it doesn't, or shouldn't, matter now. I am having a new issue as I stated and am curious if there are any ideas from the CarForums many attendees. Any help will be appreciated, and I assume you know something VWHobo, so toss it out please.