Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
adamc44
CF Freak

spyaxe

man, i was downloadin some music and my computer was takin over by some spyware called spyaxe and spytrooper, couldnt access IE to download any patches, my only hope was yahoo messenger chat forum. guys on there sent me some antispyware patches but they ended up not being enough to remove it so i was told to go and ended up just running msconfig and setting everything back to saturdays settings. anybody ever used the antispyware thing called ewido, guy suggested it on there for me to use. seems to have done the job. well anyways watch out for this thing, learned its some serious spyware that just takes over.

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Never heard of it, but I use Spy Sweeper, and scan at least every 2 days...I'm worried, so I'll scan now though
Old 12-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

My parents bought me Norton, and I got Spybot for free. Norton isn't really that great considering you have to pay for it. Stuff gets through it all the time. Spybot usually catches things that Norton missed, and Norton catches things Spybot missed. I'll probably even download a few more free ones, because it seems like there is 10,000,000 more viruses/worms than there was 5 years ago.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #4
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

I use ad-aware and norton, they both do well, but when we get a virus that wont be deleted we have to do it manually and that just plain sucks. On another note sometimes when you install several virus scanners in your computer then some of them might not function correctly
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Just watch what you download. Im currently only using Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security. Internet Security is pretty good, its not as good as Zone Alarm but its also not as restrictive. I use Firefox to browse instead of IE, because there are less viruses/spyware for Firefox. Plus, its faster, and takes less CPU power overall then IE. To download music, i use Limewire, all the songs work and its spyware free.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:46 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
Just watch what you download. Im currently only using Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security. Internet Security is pretty good, its not as good as Zone Alarm but its also not as restrictive. I use Firefox to browse instead of IE, because there are less viruses/spyware for Firefox. Plus, its faster, and takes less CPU power overall then IE. To download music, i use Limewire, all the songs work and its spyware free.

Might want to download FrostWire...I heard it has even more protection than LimeWire

And not all songs work, I've downloaded quite a few corrupt songs, which is really irritating, but at least it doesn't happen very often...