Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2004, 02:14 AM   #1
trustyoleblue
CF Newbie

1994 Ford Mustang Passenger Window

Hello,
I have a 1994 Mustang Convertible and the passenger window has come, what I believe, off the track. I have searched the internet high and low and cannot find any information as how to put the window back onto the track without going to the dealer. I know it is not the motor, as the motor spins when the button is pressed and the door lock actuator is working fine, as the door locks and unlocks. The only other thing I can think of is the glass has come off of the track. Any information as how to re-unite my woeful passenger door would be of great appreciation.

Thank you,
Glenn
trustyoleblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:03 AM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

I'm not familiar with Mustangs...but isn't there a paneling of some sort on the door? I know on my car it is snapped into place on the edges and also held in place by the screws holding the door latch on...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:17 PM   #3
trustyoleblue
CF Newbie

The door assembly to a mustang is the cosmetic door panel, once removed is a plastic waterproof shield that keeps water,etc from getting into the inside of the door. After which removed is the bare solid door. There are a few areas where you can fit your hands, mostly for electronics purposes, but I cannot tell whether or not the track and glass meet.

Dunno If I explained it properly, but thats a general idea of a mustang door, both coupe and convertible.
trustyoleblue is offline   Reply With Quote