Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will Reign Champion?
The Ford Mustang 16 44.44%
The Pontiac GTO 5 13.89%
The Dodge Charger 5 13.89%
The Cheverlot Camero/Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am) 7 19.44%
Other muscle car you think will be coming to a dealership near you. 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2004, 03:47 AM   #31
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
might i add that Cadbury Flake = god on earth

and even better...

you know those ice cream blokes where you can get the cadbury flake in thye ice cream? thats heavenly....
Yes, I'm in agreement with that....very nice

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #32
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie

I went with the Mustang only because its powerful... the looks aren't looking like they should look... but ya, RWD all the way... that site said that the new Charger was RWD so thats good

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
SilverCivicSi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:02 PM   #33
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
forgive my ignorance, but whats the diff bitwinxt mustang gt, bullit, and cobra?

I can't speak for the 2005+ models, except for the GT, but for the current models:

The Mustang GT has a 4.6l SOHC 16 valve V8 with approximately 260 Horsepower. (And 300+ foot pounds of torque.)

The Mustang GT Bullitt was only made in 2001, but it featured a new intake, cobra throttle bodies, redesigned suspension, Cobra brakes, as well as many other tweaks to set it apart from the GT. When it was all said and done the car had around 280HP and slightly more than 300 foot pounds of torque. Thanks to the engine tweaks the torque curve was much flatter, and the power came on much sooner. (The car is really a blast to drive.)

The Cobra for 2003 is an entirely different beast. The fine people at SVT decided to go with a supercharged version codenamed "Terminator." To accommodate the supercharger they replaced the aluminum block with a cast iron. (For durability’s sake.) According to Ford, the 4.6L DOHC 32 Valve engine produces 390 horsepower and 390 foot pounds. This is actually quite underrated though, as several magazine tests got rear wheel horsepower levels at around 380. (Which means over 400 at the crank.) This engine responds exceptionally well to simple mods, and a few hundred dollars puts the car well in excess of 500 horsepower.

The 2005 Mustang features an all-new 4.6L engine with 3 valves per cylinder. Ford was able to up the compression ratio to 9.8:1 and the Horsepower to 300. Although, from all accounts, the new car is slightly heavier, and the 1.4 mile times are only marginally improved. (Upper 13's.) Rumor has it a 2006/2007 Cobra will feature 450 - 500 Horsepower and may feature a Shelby nametag.

There you go…
Old 05-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #34
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
I can't speak for the 2005+ models, except for the GT, but for the current models:

The Mustang GT has a 4.6l SOHC 16 valve V8 with approximately 260 Horsepower. (And 300+ foot pounds of torque.)

The Mustang GT Bullitt was only made in 2001, but it featured a new intake, cobra throttle bodies, redesigned suspension, Cobra brakes, as well as many other tweaks to set it apart from the GT. When it was all said and done the car had around 280HP and slightly more than 300 foot pounds of torque. Thanks to the engine tweaks the torque curve was much flatter, and the power came on much sooner. (The car is really a blast to drive.)

The Cobra for 2003 is an entirely different beast. The fine people at SVT decided to go with a supercharged version codenamed "Terminator." To accommodate the supercharger they replaced the aluminum block with a cast iron. (For durability’s sake.) According to Ford, the 4.6L DOHC 32 Valve engine produces 390 horsepower and 390 foot pounds. This is actually quite underrated though, as several magazine tests got rear wheel horsepower levels at around 380. (Which means over 400 at the crank.) This engine responds exceptionally well to simple mods, and a few hundred dollars puts the car well in excess of 500 horsepower.

The 2005 Mustang features an all-new 4.6L engine with 3 valves per cylinder. Ford was able to up the compression ratio to 9.8:1 and the Horsepower to 300. Although, from all accounts, the new car is slightly heavier, and the 1.4 mile times are only marginally improved. (Upper 13's.) Rumor has it a 2006/2007 Cobra will feature 450 - 500 Horsepower and may feature a Shelby nametag.

There you go…

thank you for explaining in detail.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 04:10 PM   #35
bluechevelless
CF Newbie

Has anyone heard of, or seen (probleby not) the new Chevelle? Its supposed to be on the Hot Rod magazines Power Tour. Hot Rod Designed it and thats where the HRSS and the HRSS454 got its name. its supposed to be RWD

HRSS - LS1, same as the new GTO, 345 HP
HRSS454 - C5-R all aluminum, 5th generation Corvette racing block with 600 HP

http://alohadreamcars.com/hrss.htm
bluechevelless is offline   Reply With Quote