Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
Tragic Thoughts
CF Newbie

Unhappy Engine Swap?

Well I had a crazy idea the other day. I was gonna put a bigger motor in a geo. No I don't got the geo yet... But hang with me. I was thinking a Geo Metro. Well I started reading up on the stuff, Then I seen you could put a Honda CRX motor in it. Is this true? Cause if it is I think I just might put one in the metro for Shits and giggles. Well if you could please email me or post reply. Just let me know if there is any special things u need.. Or whatever... Thanks!

Please don't reply to my post's telling me how dumb or how stupid it is to supe up a Metro, Cause I don't care.

This car is 2 Fast 2 Furious

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...078_5_full.jpg
Tragic Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:48 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic Thoughts
Well I had a crazy idea the other day. I was gonna put a bigger motor in a geo. No I don't got the geo yet... But hang with me. I was thinking a Geo Metro. Well I started reading up on the stuff, Then I seen you could put a Honda CRX motor in it. Is this true? Cause if it is I think I just might put one in the metro for Shits and giggles. Well if you could please email me or post reply. Just let me know if there is any special things u need.. Or whatever... Thanks!

The first special thing you need is to go to the "Introduce Yourself" section and introduce yourself. Then we can talk cars.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #3
Tragic Thoughts
CF Newbie

Ok, Sorry about that.. I posted in there now... Thanks

Please don't reply to my post's telling me how dumb or how stupid it is to supe up a Metro, Cause I don't care.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic Thoughts

Where did you see that you can put a CRX engine into a Metro? Wherever it is, that would be the first person I'd ask. I'm also assuming you want to install the engine, unless you just want to install the starter motor or maybe the wiper motor. Using proper terminology will also be a step in the direction of being taken seriously.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:26 AM   #5
Tragic Thoughts
CF Newbie

I'll try to find the link to it.

Old 03-17-2004, 04:19 AM   #6
Hoxviii
CF Newbie

With enough time, effort, and money (gotta remember the money) any motor can be put in any car. I've seen a sunshine yellow Metro with a blown 350, TH 400, and a 9" on 20" slicks. It was at a car show about 3 years ago. came in on a trailer, loped into its spot, shut it off, started it up, loped it back to the trailer, and took it home. It was an impressive, if not impractical, sight.

Justin

Show: 1966 VW Beetle Ruby Red, retored stock (see avatar)
(For sale)

Just your average 18 year old. . .
Hoxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:16 PM   #7
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Vwhobo,

I think we've all gotten more than we needed to of this one with respect to the little story Tragic shared with us in the other room. I now understand why the logon is "Tragic Thoughts," .....that pretty much sums him up totally!

Quote:
Using proper terminology will also be a step in the direction of being taken seriously.
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote