Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #31
mx3_monster
im completely sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Wow, you really just need to stop typing. There have been many people who have completed a 420A to 4G63t swap, there have been several people to do the 420A to AWD 4G63t swap, a few people that have done an AWD swap into a convertible and at least two people that I've read about have put a 4G63t with AWD into a Honda Civic. There have been many more put the FWD 4G63t drivetrain into a Civic. There have been many people put the 4G63t into a Mirage, and a few who put the 4G63t with AWD into a Mirage. I still can't believe how much your comment was a "shot in the dark". If you don't know, just don't reply... Mmmm Kay .
but it is a helluva lot of work to swap a 420a to a 4g63t swap so imo just buy a turboed one right off hand. yeah the 4g63t swaps are common in mirages too

"I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself!"
mx3_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #32
Tooyoung225
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
I dont think the 420a to 4G63 swap has ever been done. Last I heard, the guy that got the closest gave up.

That has got to be the funniest this i have EVER heard in my life. seriously...were you smoking crack when you posted that?
Tooyoung225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #33
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooyoung225
That has got to be the funniest this i have EVER heard in my life. seriously...were you smoking crack when you posted that?

No I wasn't. I'll continue to believe it to be true until someone proves me otherwise.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #34
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
No I wasn't. I'll continue to believe it to be true until someone proves me otherwise.

You are an utterly ignorant moron. Give me a minute to prove you wrong since you don't apparently believe anything unless you read it on the internet.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #35
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
You are an utterly ignorant moron. Give me a minute to prove you wrong since you don't apparently believe anything unless you read it on the internet.
I don't see why he finds this swap is so unbelievable. Sure, it may not be cheap to do because of the amount of parts and probably fabrication required, but the only real problem that one sit's east/west while the other sits west/east. It may not be financially worthwhile, but so what. If you can squeeze BBC into a Yugo, this is well within reason.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #36
Bino
Written Off

420A -> 4G63t
http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155439

AWD EG Civic
http://www.ef-honda.com/main/viewtopic.php?t=4532

4G63t + AWD Mirage
http://lilevo.com/

AWD Eclipse Spyder
http://www.prostreetonline.com/projectcars/awdspyder/

Last edited by Bino : 01-09-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #37
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I don't see why he finds this swap is so unbelievable. Sure, it may not be cheap to do because of the amount of parts and probably fabrication required, but the only real problem that one sit's east/west while the other sits west/east. It may not be financially worthwhile, but so what. If you can squeeze BBC into a Yugo, this is well within reason.

Yeah, of all the cracked out engine swaps that have been done, this one really isn't that mind boggling. Take that EVO powered EG Civic posted above for instance...
Old 01-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #38
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Yeah, of all the cracked out engine swaps that have been done, this one really isn't that mind boggling. Take that EVO powered EG Civic posted above for instance...
One of your links is dead and another requires a password. Sorry, I can't prove it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #39
Tooyoung225
CF Newbie

ok, i ran across this online...it's an old ebay auction that has a 94 civic with a 4g63 engine swapped in....it's not a 420a, but if you can put it in a civic, you can put it anywhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-... cmdZViewItem

and another note....when i took a trip to ohio for a dsm shootout, you wouldnt believe the cars there that had a 4g63 engine in it...i saw a dodge caravan with a 4g63 in it.
Tooyoung225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #40
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooyoung225
ok, i ran across this online...it's an old ebay auction that has a 94 civic with a 4g63 engine swapped in....it's not a 420a, but if you can put it in a civic, you can put it anywhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-... cmdZViewItem

and another note....when i took a trip to ohio for a dsm shootout, you wouldnt believe the cars there that had a 4g63 engine in it...i saw a dodge caravan with a 4g63 in it.
Just like what I said before, almost everything is possible with enough money. But 420a to 4g63 isn't that common due to it's very high price and alot of work.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #41
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
One of your links is dead and another requires a password. Sorry, I can't prove it.

Which one's dead (they all worked for me)? My bad on the membership required site.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:36 AM   #42
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Why is it that when we get to this point in the thread, any thread, PontiacFag always seems to disappear?

Old 01-09-2006, 04:40 AM   #43
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Why is it that when we get to this point in the thread, any thread, PontiacFag always seems to disappear?

Right around breast-feeding time
Old 01-09-2006, 04:45 AM   #44
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Right around breast-feeding time
I thought what he liked to suck on was about a foot or so lower. Twinkie sucking on the winkie.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:49 AM   #45
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
I thought what he liked to suck on was about a foot or so lower. Twinkie sucking on the winkie.