Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
Legion5
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 184
Virginia, possibly the worst driving state, little help?

Ok, here's the deal, I got a speeding ticket for 20 miles over the speed limit, in Virginia a few weeks before I turned 18.

It was my 2nd speeding ticket.

I was on an open 3 lane highway, going slightly downhill with no cars on it at 3 in the morning on a friday going 65 in a 45, where the road changed from 35 to 45 and was going to change to 55 soon.

-

Officer, Do you know how fast you were going?

Me, 65 miles per hour.

Do you know the speed limit? Yes, 55 miles an hour. No, it's 45 here, it's not 55 untill Towelson road. (funny because that's where the guy litelraly pulled me over, I'm not kidding, we were stopped at the interction, or Towelson and the highway, that's where I was pulled over)

-

Actualy I was in the process of slowing down, and he said he got me doing 67 and 46, oh damn 1 mile over the limit.

Anyway, so I had a friend spill beer in my trunk a while back so it smelled of Heiniken, and they brethalized me about 15 times, amazingly surprised that I was sober!

I knew I was breaking he speed limit by a bit, but I was like nah, there won't be any cops around here, I even voluntarily decided to slow down, thinking, this is bad, I'm a sitting duck if there's a cop, that sees me speeding on open road.

Whooo Whooo Whoo!

-

Ok so they brethalize me for about 2 hours, then finaly write me a speeding ticket, for going 20 over in a 45, with no cars around, at 3 AM. (keep in mind I race race cars, around tracks at 170, I'm not an idiot driver who can't go fast). I have to be somwhere very important by 7 in the morning by the way, and now it's like 5.

Anyway, so the cop is like.

"Ok I clocked you at 22 over, and I'm giving you a ticket for 20, since I'm being so nice, would it be ok if I searched your car?" "sure".

Anyway so he destroys my car, and passes a SEALED bottle of carbonated water, which he opens, to the other cop to see if he smells alcohol, on it.

He's like no.

So after he tears apart my car, and moves my stuff around. Keep in mind I'm VERY pleasant to most cops.

I'm like, would you mind reducing, this to 19 over because I think 20 over you get your license suspended, and he tells me I should be fine, but he's not sure.

Then he's like drive safe, and get's back in his car.

-

Anyway, apperently it's EXACTALY 20 over where you get your licence suspended for 90 days, which I didn't find out about till 2+ months LATER.

- Naturaly you see the problem.

Problem is I ALREADY paid the ticket, and if the cop wanted to, he could argue I was doing 32 over, (67 in a 35) because the speed limit changed very quickly, so I don't wana be a dick.

but I don't want to not drive for 90 days, if you get this offence after you are 18, then it doesn't matter. All you get is 6 points instead of 4.

---

The quick facts:

So let's go over, scince the cop probably won't remember:

-2 weeks before I'm 18, where I wouldn't get my licence suspended.
-1 mile per hour over, where I would only get 4 points instead of it suspended.
-Going Down Hill.
-I voluntarily Slowed Down, before I ever saw a cop.
-The speed limit was going to change to 55 miles per hour a short distance away.
-The cop said, I should be alright.
-Made a mess with the articles I had inside my car.
-Detained me for 2+ hours
-Missed my very important appointment which I was going to have in the morning, which I wasn't even going to be late for.
-Empty Road, where no one was going to be endangered.
-I know how to drive cars at high speed so this was not dangerous for me.

-

Anyway, how do I apeal it if I already paid it, additionaly it says I have to pay 85$ and prove my citizenship to get it re-instated, in addition to the 100$+35$ processing for the ticket.

Apperently driving with a suspended licence, gets you revoked for 11 years in VA.

-

I plan to take an online Driver Improvment course anyway, with a certificate, before I see a judge voluntarily, so my case should be ridiculously easy to argue, but what do you guys think. I also need to know how to apeal this if I already paid it.
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:10 AM   #2
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Well, you were speeding no matter how many cars there were on the road or what time of day it was. If I were a judge, that's what I would think. As for the was I in the 55 or 45, it's your word against the cop's, unless the cop had a camera in his car or something like that. The cop usually wins that one. On the other hand, I don't really know very much about the technicalities of the legal process in this country, so I can't help you there. But I do travel to Virginia quite often, and I'll agree that the laws there are pretty strict, at least compared to here in SC.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I don't see why you let him search your car...you should know that they take stuff out of everywhere, depending on the officer, sometimes even pop speakers, seats...but at least now you know to ask for a warrant first...

And because he stopped you were right at the section where the speed limit changed, he clocked you before it changed, so you really were 22 miles over the limit, but that's harsh--90 days!

Since that was 2 months ago, couldn't you say you didn't drive, and wait 30 days, instead of wasting money for a judge, and stuff, which you could use to buy a radar detector, or better yet, just stop driving stupidly, it wasn't too fast, but still, and I guess the taillights on a car at night would be easier to see than a dark car on an overcast day...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:48 AM   #4
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
20+ over the speed limit is reckless endangerment in Virginia. That is a Class one Misdemeanor Criminal charge, punishable by up to 12 months in jail, up to a $2500 fine, and/or possible loss of your drivers license for up to 6 months. Sounds like you got off lucky if this actually even happened.

Regardless of how well you think you can drive at high speeds, it does not mean you are immune to the laws. Besides that, you were under 18 at the time and were pulled over at 3 in the morning. Isn't there a curfew law in Virginia? Oh wait here it is:

Curfew Restrictions

Virginia's curfew laws prohibit a driver under age 18 who holds a learner's permit or driver's license from driving midnight to 4 A.M. If you hold a driver's license you may drive during these hours:

in case of an emergency;
when traveling to and from work or a school-sponsored event;
when accompanied by a parent or other adult acting in place of a parent;
when responding to an emergency call as a volunteer firefighter or rescue squad personnel.

I'm iffy about your little story here.....
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #5
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
you got the constitution behind your back bro, thers an amendment about Search and Seizure, unless theyd ont have ur consent they need a warrant. next time tell him no...
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
you got the constitution behind your back bro, thers an amendment about Search and Seizure, unless theyd ont have ur consent they need a warrant. next time tell him no...
Their warrant is pulling you over and giving you a ticket.
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
I'd like to quote this complete post, but it's 1500 letters of drivel. I just read the whole thing all the way through and look what caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
(keep in mind I race race cars, around tracks at 170, I'm not an idiot driver who can't go fast)
All I can say to respond to that is, yeah you do. Anybody who has read more than three or four of your posts can attest to the fact that you are nothing more than a 14 year old wannbe that has never sat behind the wheel of a car, much less raced one.

Playing video games doesn't count. You are the twink of the week.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Shit he's giving my generation of youths a bad name
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Actually, a warrnat is not required to search a car if an officer has probable cause. You were driving around at 3 AM, your called smelled of beer, you were a minor, and you were speeding. The cop would most likely consider that probable cause, sorry, you're screwed.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #10
Legion5
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 184
The Curfew law wasn't violated, because I was traveling from a friend's house, to a school sponsored sports practice. The first one of the year.

Anyway, you guys are missing the point of this.

The suspention is from December to March, and I want that removed.

How do I get it infront of a Judge is the question?
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Look at the PM I just recieved from our new resident Twink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
Don't ever post in one of my threads again, you dirty ****ing peice of shit. You are the biggest idiot ever, seriously shut the ****ing hell up.
Big bad words from a little bitty man. Does your boyfriend know you you suck his dick with a mouth like that? Instead of calling me names, why don't you refute me with some facts? I know, because you can't. Blow me, butt boy.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #12
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Look at the PM I just recieved from our new resident Twink.


Big bad words from a little bitty man. Does your boyfriend know you you suck his dick with a mouth like that? Instead of calling me names, why don't you refute me with some facts? I know, because you can't. Blow me, butt boy.
DAMN SON
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #13
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Look at the PM I just recieved from our new resident Twink.


Big bad words from a little bitty man. Does your boyfriend know you you suck his dick with a mouth like that? Instead of calling me names, why don't you refute me with some facts? I know, because you can't. Blow me, butt boy.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 06:19 PM   #14
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Look at the PM I just recieved from our new resident Twink.


Big bad words from a little bitty man. Does your boyfriend know you you suck his dick with a mouth like that? Instead of calling me names, why don't you refute me with some facts? I know, because you can't. Blow me, butt boy.


Legion5=
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #15
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Sorry Legion, your reputation on this forum succeeds you. I still think you're full of it.

1) You said a friend spilled beer in your trunk a while back...how much beer did he spill a keg??? I think it would have had to have been a hell of a lot of beer for the cop to smell it through a closed trunk, doncha think????

2) I highly doubt cops would have wasted 2 hours on you anyways. Every hour that passes your blood alcohol level would be less. Since you "supposedly" keep testing within normal limits, they wouldn't waste their time continuously testing you. Besides, I think your mindless dribble would have pissed them off so much by that time they would have cuffed you, bludgeoned you and took your sorry butt to juvie just for being annoying.

3) You said you were going to a school sports practice on Friday at 3 in the morning. How far away was this "practice"? You said you had to be there at 7. Does it honestly take you 4 hours to go to your school?
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.