Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2005, 01:10 AM   #16
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
Isnt the Ferrari FXX not actually a new car but rather a tuned Enzo? In which case...it's not really a new car but a release of a tuned car?

No, it's pretty much a new car that's based on the enzo. The combustion chambers are redesigned, the displacement was increased (probably from bore and stroke), and the exhaust was opened up, all along with a handful of other changes.

I would consider it a new car, mostly because they made new ones off the factory line.
------------------
As for the car of the year award, I believe it goes hnads down the the new STi or Evo. 4 doors, comfortable, 6 speed, 0-60 in 4.5, the quarter in low 13s, 4WD, cornering ability, autocross success, cheap tuning opportunities, only $30,000 MSRP, and enough trunk space to bring the groceries home.

Honestly, tell me one thing that the STi or Evo isn't good at....

(Besides top speed).
Old 12-31-2005, 01:32 AM   #17
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Fuel economy? Resale? Reliability? Luxury options?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:38 AM   #18
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
Fuel economy? Resale? Reliability? Luxury options?

1. Avoids gas-guzzler tax (which is good enough for me)

2. All STi's in this area go for 35k+

3. Only heard of a turbo housing go on one STi, and that's because the driver took it to redline before every shift. I don't know the mass stats on it, but flat engines have worked out well for my family.

4. The luxury of a family sedan in the back (Check out the rear seats and leg room of the new MR), and the sportiness of a rally in the driver's cockpit .

Anything else?
Old 12-31-2005, 04:50 AM   #19
Aondor
CF Addict

Gto

Id have to go with the new pontiac Gto alot of people say they don't like its styling. But it fits my prefrence, and its at a reasonable price. I don't say ferraris are best cars of the year because I'll never own one because there rediculusly over priced.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:09 AM   #20
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
I'll never own one because there rediculusly over priced.

That's kinda the idea behind Ferrari's marketing campaign;

1. Make them fast
2. Make them exclusive
3. Make them expensive
----------------------------
And Ferrari doesn't make that many cars, so, to stay in business, they need to have a large profit margin, which points toward their large pricetags.

But, some would say that cruising down the street in a ferrari red 355 spider is well worth the 140,000.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 AM   #21
Aondor
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
That's kinda the idea behind Ferrari's marketing campaign;

1. Make them fast
2. Make them exclusive
3. Make them expensive
----------------------------
And Ferrari doesn't make that many cars, so, to stay in business, they need to have a large profit margin, which points toward their large pricetags.

But, some would say that cruising down the street in a ferrari red 355 spider is well worth the 140,000.

Ill argue that i can spend half as much on a car and have it perform very close to the ferraris standard
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:31 AM   #22
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
Ill argue that i can spend half as much on a car and have it perform very close to the ferraris standard

1. It won't be stock

2. It won't have the ferrari heritage

3. It won't turn heads the way ferraris do

4. It'll still be a tuned (Insert your car here)
Old 12-31-2005, 07:33 AM   #23
enron fever
CF Addict

right...so basically you'll have spent less money on a car that you customized instead of just whoring yourself to the ferrari name.

you bastard.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:07 AM   #24
ride3k
CF Addict

umm, i must say that one can buy a used viper for a third of a ferrari, turn just about as many heads, and get better perofrmance. But, ferrari has the luxury spot beat like a mofo, stupid viper is so cramped on the inside and kinda a pain getting out of.

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #25
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
umm, i must say that one can buy a used viper for a third of a ferrari, turn just about as many heads, and get better perofrmance. But, ferrari has the luxury spot beat like a mofo, stupid viper is so cramped on the inside and kinda a pain getting out of.

Talked to a girl just a second ago; and asked her what she thought about a guy who drives a viper; she replied with: "A What?". I then asked her what she thought about a guy who drives a ferrari. She replied with a; "Is he single?"

The red horsey is worth the cash. And I'm sure a ferrari turns more heads than a viper.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:49 PM   #26
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

In terms of Exotics, I would go with the Bugatti Veyron. Unbelievably fast, unbelievably stylish!

But, I prefer to think in terms of regular cars. In this case, the Eclipse wins for sure. I have liked Eclipse for a long time. The new one is extremely luxurious and stylish. The GT is amazing with a 6 speed and a 3.8L engine putting out about 260 horses. The gas mileage is respectable for a 6 cylinder too. All that for $24,000, not too expensive.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #27
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
In terms of Exotics, I would go with the Bugatti Veyron. Unbelievably fast, unbelievably stylish!

But, I prefer to think in terms of regular cars. In this case, the Eclipse wins for sure. I have liked Eclipse for a long time. The new one is extremely luxurious and stylish. The GT is amazing with a 6 speed and a 3.8L engine putting out about 260 horses. The gas mileage is respectable for a 6 cylinder too. All that for $24,000, not too expensive.
bleh...the veyron is about as exciting as a high-pitched fart.

the McLaren-Mercedes SLR, on the other hand....now THAT is one hella-cool super-car.
Quote:
Talked to a girl just a second ago; and asked her what she thought about a guy who drives a viper; she replied with: "A What?". I then asked her what she thought about a guy who drives a ferrari. She replied with a; "Is he single?"

The red horsey is worth the cash. And I'm sure a ferrari turns more heads than a viper.
y'know, if the badge matters THAT much to that girl, then she really isn't worth dating in the first place...

Last edited by enron fever : 01-01-2006 at 01:35 AM.
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:33 AM   #28
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

You raise a good point, ferrari's are known more than Viper's. But in this case I would most assuredly take the Viper and if I had the extra cash make it a monster.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #29
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
y'know, if the badge matters THAT much to that girl, then she really isn't worth dating in the first place...

The point of my post went completely over your head. The point is that the ferrari badge is more well-known and renowned (sp?) than a viper.

And I would take a ferrari, somply because it turns heads, is fast enough to scare the shit outta me, and will get me plenty of clean one-night stands.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:26 AM   #30
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
the McLaren-Mercedes SLR, on the other hand....now THAT is one hella-cool super-car.

Good point, didn't even think about it. Cheaper than the Veyron too...too bad it's still so much out of my range that I can't even find the right word to describe it.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote