Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #46
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
wouldnt more mass = greater downforce= greater traction= greater turning speed? dumbshit... what you meant to say was that the neon is lighter, so if you go into a turn at 40mph, you dont have to swing 4000lbs around, just 2500lbs or w.e the neon wieghs, try and aruge the right point next time buddy

EDIT: i assume were talking about 90 degree turns, in sweeping and increasing diameter turns, more wighet is better, or downforce rather.
While you're busy giving lessons on how to argue correctly, see if you can work this into your schedule. Downforce and weight ARE NOT the same thing. Go look it up. Additionally, if you take a car that weighs 50% more, but only have contact patches that are 30% larger, you'll actually have less traction.

Almost forgot. Dumbsh*t.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:02 AM   #47
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
ok, wow, use a brain hobo. wieght is a factor in downforce, so if i have more wieght, technically i have more downforce. you ever wonder why they put wings on the lighter cars and no wings on the heavier cars? and im betting, dont know for shure cuz i dont know yorker's wheels, my whells are more than jus a 30% contact patch diff. and 1300 is not 50%, i think you need to brush up on your math.
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:18 AM   #48
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
can neone find me a vid of a 77-78 ta on streetfire or anywhere?
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:22 AM   #49
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
ok, wow, use a brain hobo. wieght is a factor in downforce, so if i have more wieght, technically i have more downforce. you ever wonder why they put wings on the lighter cars and no wings on the heavier cars? and im betting, dont know for shure cuz i dont know yorker's wheels, my whells are more than jus a 30% contact patch diff. and 1300 is not 50%, i think you need to brush up on your math.
Really. Heavy race cars don't use aerdynamic aids to increase downforce? That's news to me and everyone else who races cars. Let me make this very simple because you're obviously not very bright. WEIGHT IS NOT DOWNFORCE. 3500 pound NASCAR stockers use spoilers and air dams to increase downforce. 3000 pound SCCA World Challenge cars use spoilers and wings to increase downforce. 3000 pound Pro Stocks use air dams and wings to increase downforce. Sorry, but you can take your ignorant opinion and stick it technically in your ass.


As for your bitch about my numbers, you're correct, but splitting hairs. A '78 T/A weighs 3600 pounds. A '98 Neon weighs 2450 pounds. That's 47 percent, dry. Add the weight of fuel, oil and coolant (don't forget, the T/A hold more of eash) and 50% is a good working figure. As for the tires, I was being generous. The stock tire on the T/A is 225/70-15 and on the Neon 195/60-15. That's a 20% difference in contact patch size. The numbers don't do anything to make you look smarter, so maybe the best thing you can do is shut up now.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:26 AM   #50
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
its not a jap car but i mean its kinda like a jap car... that ricey look and it just doesnt look domestic its a jap car in disguise.. u know what i mean
Ricey look? Do you think before you speak? A car stock cannot look ricey. Rice is what you make it, and no car can be rice. No I dont know what you mean, and whoever agrees with you should be shot in the head right after yourself.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:28 AM   #51
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Really. Heavy race cars don't use aerdynamic aids to increase downforce? That's news to me and everyone else who races cars. Let me make this very simple because you're obviously not very bright. WEIGHT IS NOT DOWNFORCE. 3500 pound NASCAR stockers use spoilers and air dams to increase downforce. 3000 pound SCCA World Challenge cars use spoilers and wings to increase downforce. 3000 pound Pro Stocks use air dams and wings to increase downforce. Sorry, but you can take your ignorant opinion and stick it technically in your ass.


As for your bitch about my numbers, you're correct, but splitting hairs. A '78 T/A weighs 3600 pounds. A '98 Neon weighs 2450 pounds. That's 47 percent, dry. Add the weight of fuel, oil and coolant (don't forget, the T/A hold more of eash) and 50% is a good working figure. As for the tires, I was being generous. The stock tire on the T/A is 225/70-15 and on the Neon 195/60-15. That's a 20% difference in contact patch size. The numbers don't do anything to make you look smarter, so maybe the best thing you can do is shut up now.
Dont want to run on your parade, but MY neon has 185/65HR14
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #52
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
can neone find me a vid of a 77-78 ta on streetfire or anywhere?
http://www.transamtech.com/videotech.shtml
Care to actually admit that you are wrong? Or change the topic and gradually get out of your steaming pile of excuses.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #53
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
admit that im wrong bout what?
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:49 AM   #54
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
admit that im wrong bout what?
Ok Twinky for the last time lets go over this.
You said youd never buy a neon
Then you said its a Jap car
Then when I told you that my car handles better you were like "oo...........well i dont care cause I like the V8 roar"
Let me tell you something Twinky. My car sounds like a 6 cylinder because I took a small piece of the Stock intake off, so STFU. You were constantly implying that your car is the shit but when you got caught headon with a valid argument on my side, you just switch to a different topic instead of trying to prove me wrong.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:51 AM   #55
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
now i have to prove that a v8 sounds better than that squirrel powered engine?
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #56
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
now i have to prove that a v8 sounds better than that squirrel powered engine?
Squirrel powered? Ok Mr. Muscle

Your car:
Cylinders -
Liters -
Horsepower -
Weight -

And then I will tell you mine.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:58 AM   #57
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
whats your point?
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #58
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
whats your point?
www.google.com
You can find all of the answers to your imaginary car there. Still waiting on that answer.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #59
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
78 trans am
8 cylinders
6.6 litres
3600 lbs
185 hp
320 tq
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:13 AM   #60
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Moron. The 305 wasn't offered in the T/A in '78. Get a grip on something besides your weenie.

Actually, it was the first year the 305 was offered. It was rated at 145 horsepower.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.