Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 01:13 AM   #61
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
hey neon fag whats you point?
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:14 AM   #62
windman
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 214
My car sounds like a 6 cylinder because I took a small piece of the Stock intake off???
Like what off the intake?
I dont want in on this arguement either that just struck me as odd.
windman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:17 AM   #63
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by windman
My car sounds like a 6 cylinder because I took a small piece of the Stock intake off???
Like what off the intake?
I dont want in on this arguement either that just struck me as odd.
The air box sits behind the engine (gota do somethin about that) and there is a snorkel that goes over the head and sucks air into the box.
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...767_4_full.jpg
Its teh big plastic piece on top of the engine.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:17 AM   #64
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....330E&kw=8&p=10

check out that vid!!!
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:19 AM   #65
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
78 trans am
8 cylinders
6.6 litres
3600 lbs
185 hp
320 tq
98 neon DOHC
4 cylinders
2 liters
150 horsepower
133 torque
You weigh 1100 lbs more than me and only have 35 horsepower to make up for it. Dont start with the torque because my FWD car wont kick out the back when I floor it through a turn, and yours will. Clearly I have you beat everywhere but a dragstrip
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #66
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
I noticed that newyorker brought handling into this argument. I love how that always happens. Bring up handling because your car cant win in straight line. Its stupid to compare 30 year old cars to modern day cars in handling because technology in suspension and frame/body work has improved greatly. Of course a 30 year old car that ways 3500 pounds with stock everything isnt going to handle better than a 2500 decade old car.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #67
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Pontiac....I never said I can get him in a straight line! And drag racing isnt the only motorsport out there believe it or not. I was originally talking about Auto-x
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:23 AM   #68
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
ok youll take of faster and ill fly by you...
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:24 AM   #69
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
ok youll take of faster and ill fly by you...
Because in auto-x there are SO MANY straightaways!
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:26 AM   #70
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
but whoos talking bout auto x?

you bring up all these conditions to make you win ok well heres my condition

DRAG

now stfu t/a > neon and thats ll there is too it
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:26 AM   #71
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
98 neon DOHC
4 cylinders
2 liters
150 horsepower
133 torque
You weigh 1100 lbs more than me and only have 35 horsepower to make up for it. Dont start with the torque because my FWD car wont kick out the back when I floor it through a turn, and yours will. Clearly I have you beat everywhere but a dragstrip

Thats only if you dont know what the hell you're doing. Ever wonder why the best performance cars in the world are RWD?

The T/A would have the Neon off the line do to having 3x the amount of torque you have and continue to do so because of the higher horsepower.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:27 AM   #72
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Im off to the movies. 10 mile city ride should only take me about 10 minutes if i take the curvy backroads because I can actually do 70 through a rather sharp turn. I will follow up on all writing once I get back. Ciao
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:27 AM   #73
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick27
but whoos talking bout auto x?

you bring up all these conditions to make you win ok well heres my condition

DRAG

now stfu t/a > neon and thats ll there is too it
You say drag because anywhere else you cant get shit. I bet youve never heard of anything other than NHRA and Nascar
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:28 AM   #74
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Thats only if you dont know what the hell you're doing. Ever wonder why the best performance cars in the world are RWD?

The T/A would have the Neon off the line do to having 3x the amount of torque you have and continue to do so because of the higher horsepower.
They are the best, if you know how to drive them. This kid sounds like he cant even control his dick when he goes to the bathroom, and thats pretty small, so he should have no trouble.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:41 AM   #75
nick27
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 180
ask your mom shell tell you it aint small...
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.