Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2005, 10:37 PM   #46
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
she did though...

that, and the link to a car on cars.com she posted yesterday was in florida. it's invalid now, so i dunno what part of florida. (i saw it yesterday though... meh)
I was gonna point that out, but she just posted that she was in Florida (this is AFTER the other guy posted, so at the time he didn't know either). Although your right, there was that link she posted...

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:50 PM   #47
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
she did though...

that, and the link to a car on cars.com she posted yesterday was in florida. it's invalid now, so i dunno what part of florida. (i saw it yesterday though... meh)
1. As cc89 said, she posted that AFTER my post. Doesn't count.

2. I also have a link in my post with a zip code for Florida. Go ahead and look at it. You know what? It doesn't mean anything because I haven't lived there for 24 years.

How many times in the past have I stated something to the effect that poor information results in poor decisions? Lots, and this is perfect proof.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:00 PM   #48
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

well if you really want to split hairs, you said "Unless you have some secret information, I don't see where she's mentioned her location." after she said she lived in florida.

now, if you had read that post (which was made 13 minutes before you typed yours, plenty of time for you to have read it and typed up your post) you would have known where she lived, no doubts.

now, i have no idea why you have a link to cars in florida given you havnt lived there in such a great time. if i had noticed it was a 33xxx (i know 33323 is around broward county area), i would have figured you saw the link she posted.

but, an educated guess could be made that she lives in florida given that i mentioned she could use cars.com to see what cars actual go for in her area, then she proceded to post a link to that very same website.

just because you dont have absolute proof of something doesn't mean you can't assume it.

but really, it's not important wether or not someone knew where she lived in a certain post... let's just try to help the girl find a car suitable to her. sound reasonable?
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:08 PM   #49
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
well if you really want to split hairs, you said "Unless you have some secret information, I don't see where she's mentioned her location." after she said she lived in florida.

now, if you had read that post (which was made 13 minutes before you typed yours, plenty of time for you to have read it and typed up your post) you would have known where she lived, no doubts.

now, i have no idea why you have a link to cars in florida given you havnt lived there in such a great time. if i had noticed it was a 33xxx (i know 33323 is around broward county area), i would have figured you saw the link she posted.

but, an educated guess could be made that she lives in florida given that i mentioned she could use cars.com to see what cars actual go for in her area, then she proceded to post a link to that very same website.

just because you dont have absolute proof of something doesn't mean you can't assume it.

but really, it's not important wether or not someone knew where she lived in a certain post... let's just try to help the girl find a car suitable to her. sound reasonable?
Yeah, let's split hairs you stupid motherf*cker. I made my original post with the link to the AutoTrader at 9:19 AM today. She didn't make her post with the offhanded mention of living in Florida until 4:15 PM today. I don't know how they tell time or do math where you live, but by my calculations that means I posted almost seven hours before she came off where she lived. Maybe you sit in front of your computer with a crystal ball, but I don't.

Now I want you to split some hairs and tell me how I was supposed to know she lived in Florida seven hours before she told us. I'm, waiting Twinkie.

EDIT: The link on her post is a dead link, so even if I took the time to look at it, I wouldn't know where it's from.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 12-31-2005, 11:15 PM   #50
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

pik_d, it's 5:15 and you're typing now. Point proved.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:16 PM   #51
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

did you ever get a chance to look at her link to cars.com displaying a car located in florida?

after seeing that link, i figured that since all standing evidence (that one link) pointed towards her living in florida, it's save to assume that for the time being.

considering you on the other hand, having told us you live in redneck hill, [connecticut, if memory serves?], i would know that you providing a link to stuff in florida does NOT mean you live there.

but i would say you're the exception, not the rule. how is it not plausable to say that she lives in florida given that link? notice i dont say that it's safe to say that she DEFFINATELY lives in florida.

now, out of curiousity, why did you post a link to cars listed in florida?
Old 12-31-2005, 11:18 PM   #52
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

Quote:
she did though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
EDIT: The link on her post is a dead link, so even if I took the time to look at it, I wouldn't know where it's from.

read, think, type, submit.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:20 PM   #53
windman
CF Enthusiast

boys boys boys
or girls girls girls whatever the case may be
why must every post be turned into a pissing contest
ffs
were all here to either help or get help
how bout we stick to that hmmmmm?
windman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:48 PM   #54
SmileLines
CF Newbie

Quote:

Quote:
boys boys boys
or girls girls girls whatever the case may be
why must every post be turned into a pissing contest
ffs
were all here to either help or get help
how bout we stick to that hmmmmm?

Thank you!As much as I enjoy a good debate every once in a while, I'd prefer if it were over cars, not over where I live. I did get a good laugh though. For the record, I live in the Florida panhandle near Pensacola, if that will help.

Geez... don't get your panties in a bunch over it...lol

Last edited by SmileLines : 12-31-2005 at 11:51 PM.
SmileLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #55
windman
CF Enthusiast

im thinking they want your panties in a bunch
Old 01-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #56
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileLines
Thank you!As much as I enjoy a good debate every once in a while, I'd prefer if it were over cars, not over where I live. I did get a good laugh though. For the record, I live in the Florida panhandle near Pensacola, if that will help.

Geez... don't get your panties in a bunch over it...lol
Let me tell you something sweetie. Most of the "help" you've recieved in this thread isn't help at all. I appreciate the fact that you're trying to research a car, but... This isn't the place to do it. Most (not all) of the people who have weighed in have little or no knowledge of what they speak. It's all about impressing a girl first and steering you toward their favorite car second. I'll be happy to name names if you want.

Anyway, you only want something within a 100 mile radius and apparently your father is a mechanic. Ask him for advice because he's going to be the one who helps you with your final choice anyway. You're the one who's going to have to drive the car and live with it. And these individuals will be at home playing video games not giving one rats ass about you once you leave this forum.

$3500 will buy you a lot of car, but only you know what is in your area, what you like and most importantly what you can live with. You just have to realize that unless you are lucky, you're not going to get a $10k car for the money you have. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #57
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windman
im thinking they want your panties in a bunch
Now THAT was good
Old 01-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #58
windman
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Let me tell you something sweetie. Most of the "help" you've recieved in this thread isn't help at all. I appreciate the fact that you're trying to research a car, but... This isn't the place to do it. Most (not all) of the people who have weighed in have little or no knowledge of what they speak. It's all about impressing a girl first and steering you toward their favorite car second. I'll be happy to name names if you want.

Anyway, you only want something within a 100 mile radius and apparently your father is a mechanic. Ask him for advice because he's going to be the one who helps you with your final choice anyway. You're the one who's going to have to drive the car and live with it. And these individuals will be at home playing video games not giving one rats ass about you once you leave this forum.

$3500 will buy you a lot of car, but only you know what is in your area, what you like and most importantly what you can live with. You just have to realize that unless you are lucky, you're not going to get a $10k car for the money you have. Good luck.

amen to that
Old 01-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #59
SmileLines
CF Newbie

Quote:

I have come to realize this, thanks. I was just interested in a few different opinions. Maybe I was wrong to post. Whatever, I'm sorry. This is not my sole place of research. I've been looking at Edmunds and KBB quite a bit. If anyone knows of any others, that would be great. I didn't ever say that I expected to find a $10K car for the amount of money I have. I'm actually expecting to have to settle for a p.o.s. Like you said, my dad's the one who's going to be the most help. Not to be rude, but enough of the whole "sweetie" and "doll" thing. It's a little condescending and it's kinda creepy.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #60
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileLines
. Not to be rude, but enough of the whole "sweetie" and "doll" thing. It's a little condescending and it's kinda creepy.
Well he kinda is a creepy ol man if you think about it, bbbuuuuuuttttt s'all good