FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #76
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias

04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #77
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker

Take your damn Midol
Old 01-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #78
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Oh shit, they're breaking out the emoticons now, we're fooked!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #79
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Take your damn Midol
But it is a cute car. Steve do you not agree?

Old 01-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #80
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Wow guys.....just wow

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #81
SmileLines
CF Newbie

The maturity level on here is astounding...lol

I didn't mean to start an all out war on here. I didn't ask to be talked down to and to be treated like a child. All I wanted was some opinions on a few different cars. Is that really too much to ask? I'm sorry if it is. Thank you to everyone who did answer my post. I really appreciate it. To everyone else who seems to have a problem with us "teenagers". I'm so sorry that we have invaded "your" space. You don't have to read the posts you know? There's nobody holding a gun to your head. Well, at least I hope not... I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I never intended to. Why so much drama over nothing?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #82
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileLines
I have come to realize this, thanks. I was just interested in a few different opinions. Maybe I was wrong to post. Whatever, I'm sorry. This is not my sole place of research. I've been looking at Edmunds and KBB quite a bit. If anyone knows of any others, that would be great. I didn't ever say that I expected to find a $10K car for the amount of money I have. I'm actually expecting to have to settle for a p.o.s. Like you said, my dad's the one who's going to be the most help. Not to be rude, but enough of the whole "sweetie" and "doll" thing. It's a little condescending and it's kinda creepy.
Gotta give credit where credit is due. At least you recognise that I use the term sweetie to be condescending instead of trying to get into your pants like everyone else here. So let me give you some examples of where the condescending attitude comes from sweety.

Quote:
I didn't ever say that I expected to find a $10K car for the amount of money I have.
Never said you did say that. Simply reinforcing something you've probably heard from your dad. I know how teenagers can get caught up in something like this and forget important details along the way.

Quote:
Hehe...Thanks. I can't stand when guys call me names like that. I can't stand know-it-alls either.lol.
And I can't stand little twinks who bitch about people who are trying to help them or use "lol", but I don't let it get in the way of attempting to assist you.

Quote:
You guys really don't think a Neon's a good idea? I'll keep that in mind.I don't like the headlights on them anyways.
Maybe if you really wanted help, you'd help us. A Neon is a very good choice, but you don't like it because of the headlights. Ridiculous. Better give us a list of other cars you don't want due to cosmetic reasons.

Quote:
My dad also said to try to get a car that's at least 94' or older because the freon is alot cheaper than previous years.
Huh? Re-read that and tell me what it's supposed to say. I think I have it figured out, but this is not a guessing game. Even when you figure out what you're trying to say, it's going to be incorrect, and I might even tell you why.

Quote:
I actually just found a 96' VW Cabrio for $3889, that I might go look at.
If you don't want a Bimmer because of high parts prices, stay away from late model VW's. As much as I hate to say it, they're pretty much garbage. And at that price with that mileage for a triple white cabrio, there's something wrong with it. It's probably a salvage or flood car.

That's about it for me now Hon. Gotta go make some ribs.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #83
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I didn't mean to start an all out war on here. I didn't ask to be talked down to and to be treated like a child. All I wanted was some opinions on a few different cars. Is that really too much to ask? I'm sorry if it is. Thank you to everyone who did answer my post. I really appreciate it. To everyone else who seems to have a problem with us "teenagers". I'm so sorry that we have invaded "your" space. You don't have to read the posts you know? There's nobody holding a gun to your head. Well, at least I hope not... I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I never intended to. Why so much drama over nothing?
Did you get my Private message? Also I just learned this if you get a Neon thats older than 1999 and it has a DOHC engine, it needs premium fuel, so if youre on a tight budget I would avoid the DOHC engines because premium here is like 2.50

Old 01-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #84
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Did you get my Private message? Also I just learned this if you get a Neon thats older than 1999 and it has a DOHC engine, it needs premium fuel, so if youre on a tight budget I would avoid the DOHC engines because premium here is like 2.50
Why don't you link us to a credible source for that information. Or are you just spewing more of your bullsh*t?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #85
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Why don't you link us to a credible source for that information. Or are you just spewing more of your bullsh*t?
Some vehicles, such as Viper, Prowler, 5.9L Grand Cherokee, 2.0L Turbo Talon, and 2.0L DOHC Neon have been specifically designed to take advantage of higher octane.These vehicles may have higher compression ratios, and/or more aggressive spark calibrations which provide optimum performance with the specified higher octane.However, other vehicles which are not specifically designed and calibrated to take advantage of higher octane will not benefit from higher octane.

Source of the quote

Here you might want to read the first reply that Dawm made

Is that credible enough Twinky?

EDIT: Here too

Old 01-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #86
windman
CF Enthusiast

the manual 'recommends 92+' for the dohc.. BUT its is not required.
thats dawns opening line
notice the but and the not required part???
higher octane gets better performance only!!!
only thing i run high test gas in is my jetski!!!
windman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #87
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
And I can't stand little twinks who bitch about people who are trying to help them or use "lol", but I don't let it get in the way of attempting to assist you.
Well you might not think that you're getting in the way, but it does negatively affect your attitude towards them, and then they probably don't like you as much, therefore they won't listne to you, which leads to them acting like they're 12 getting in the way of you assitsting them.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 01-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #88
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Some vehicles, such as Viper, Prowler, 5.9L Grand Cherokee, 2.0L Turbo Talon, and 2.0L DOHC Neon have been specifically designed to take advantage of higher octane.These vehicles may have higher compression ratios, and/or more aggressive spark calibrations which provide optimum performance with the specified higher octane.However, other vehicles which are not specifically designed and calibrated to take advantage of higher octane will not benefit from higher octane.

Source of the quote

Here you might want to read the first reply that Dawm made

Is that credible enough Twinky?

EDIT: Here too
You just hung yourself with your own rope Twinky. Nowhere in that TSB does it say that the DOHC Neon needs (correct terminology is requires) premium fuel;

Quote:
Also I just learned this if you get a Neon thats older than 1999 and it has a DOHC engine, it needs premium fuel,
What it does say is "These vehicles may have higher compression ratios, and/or more aggressive spark calibrations which provide optimum performance with the specified higher octane." Once again two very different things.

Now before you bend down and kiss my ass, read this link. About ten or so lines down on the left side click on "Engine: 2.0-Liter, DOHC, 16-Valve, SMPI Four-Cylinder". When you get there, look at "Fuel Requirement". What does it say? That's correct. You may now kiss my ass.

Now will you and your little buddies PLEASE STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT AS FACTS? Probably not.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #89
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Now will you and your little buddies PLEASE STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT AS FACTS? Probably not.
But hobo, we'd never need you again!

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 01-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #90
windman
CF Enthusiast

pucker up
windman is offline   Reply With Quote