Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #91
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Well you might not think that you're getting in the way, but it does negatively affect your attitude towards them, and then they probably don't like you as much, therefore they won't listne to you, which leads to them acting like they're 12 getting in the way of you assitsting them.
If I was worried about being liked, I'd get nowhere in life. If people want help, they need to ask a question, be prepared to clarify and accept that help. If people want to help, they need to have the ability to do so or get the hell out of the way.

Question. Have you ever once seen me "help" people with a video game or computer question? We both know the answer is no. Do you know why? Because unlike 95% of the members of this forum I recognize and accept my limitations. Sometimes you just gotta know when to shut up, like newyorker and his octane BS in this thread.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #92
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You just hung yourself with your own rope Twinky. Nowhere in that TSB does it say that the DOHC Neon needs (correct terminology is requires) premium fuel;

What it does say is "These vehicles may have higher compression ratios, and/or more aggressive spark calibrations which provide optimum performance with the specified higher octane." Once again two very different things.

Now before you bend down and kiss my ass, read this link. About ten or so lines down on the left side click on "Engine: 2.0-Liter, DOHC, 16-Valve, SMPI Four-Cylinder". When you get there, look at "Fuel Requirement". What does it say? That's correct. You may now kiss my ass.

Now will you and your little buddies PLEASE STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT AS FACTS? Probably not.
That site compared to my 3 and people having it in their owners manuals means shit. Im not gona kiss your ass for anything. If 91 is recomnded thats what you will use. If you had a corvette that needed premium, would you fill it with anytihng less than that? Thought so. Stop thinking that you know more than everyone. You might have more experience, and your sarcasm was funny at first, but at this point its lost it charm. You need to get laid
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #93
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Question. Have you ever once seen me "help" people with a video game or computer question? We both know the answer is no. Do you know why? Because unlike 95% of the members of this forum I recognize and accept my limitations. Sometimes you just gotta know when to shut up, like newyorker and his octane BS in this thread.
No I haven't, I'm trying to say that when you go off on people, it can cause them to dislike you, therefore no matter how hard you try, they'll disregard everything you say. Not everyone is like this, but I'm sure there's some people out there that are. Not that I have a problem with you going off on people, I think it's hilarious.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #94
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
If I was worried about being liked, I'd get nowhere in life. If people want help, they need to ask a question, be prepared to clarify and accept that help. If people want to help, they need to have the ability to do so or get the hell out of the way.

Youre right. You offer help. But before you do that you degrate and humiliate everyone that asks for it.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #95
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
That site compared to my 3 and people having it in their owners manuals means shit. Im not gona kiss your ass for anything. If 91 is recomnded thats what you will use. If you had a corvette that needed premium, would you fill it with anytihng less than that? Thought so. Stop thinking that you know more than everyone. You might have more experience, and your sarcasm was funny at first, but at this point its lost it charm. You need to get laid
Let's see these owners manuals.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 01-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #96
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
No I haven't, I'm trying to say that when you go off on people, it can cause them to dislike you, therefore no matter how hard you try, they'll disregard everything you say. Not everyone is like this, but I'm sure there's some people out there that are. Not that I have a problem with you going off on people, I think it's hilarious.
I really dont think he cares if he is respected or not. He just cares for amusing himself and others with his punchlines. Its quote redundant at this point. Like my Neon rants, even I know to stop becuase Ive found other things I like. I guess he will never learn.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #97
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Let's see these owners manuals.
Once I order mine through eBay I will scan it and show it to you.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #98
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Once I order mine through eBay I will scan it and show it to you.
If you're looking at three that belong to your friends, why not scan one of those real quick?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #99
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
If you're looking at three that belong to your friends, why not scan one of those real quick?
Im looking at 3 sites, and a user on one of them has a service manual. As I said before once I get mine on eBay, I will scan it and even circle where it says "91 reccomended for DOHC motor" or whatever is written along those lines.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #100
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Im looking at 3 sites, and a user on one of them has a service manual. As I said before once I get mine on eBay, I will scan it and even circle where it says "91 reccomended for DOHC motor" or whatever is written along those lines.
I think you implied that the manual says to only use 91 octane, not that it just recomends it. Nevermind hobo wins, as always.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 01-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #101
newyorker
MXman

Hey hobo. Did it ever occur to you that the site you showed me might have a mistype like

Here
Look where it says Engine Configuration. Yea well apprently both engines are SOHC and one makes more power..clearly a mistype

Old 01-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #102
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I think you implied that the manual says to only use 91 octane, not that it just recomends it. Nevermind hobo wins, as always.
Sorry for miswording. Should I shoot myself in the head now or wait for hobo to jump around in his glory?

Old 01-01-2006, 11:57 PM   #103
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Sorry for miswording. Should I shoot myself in the head now or wait for hobo to jump around in his glory?
I wouldn't want to be the cause of any violence, so just wait for hobo to "jump around in his glory" kthnks

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 01-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #104
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I wouldn't want to be the cause of any violence, so just wait for hobo to "jump around in his glory" kthnks
I was kidding. But I know he will be jumping anytime now.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:28 AM   #105
Wally
I Know More Than You

That 87 is a PON rating, yes? = (90RON + 83MON)/2 = 86.6 PON