Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2005, 11:25 PM   #1
littlehellian
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5
98 jetta ignition kill

its very irritating, i have no drivers side door handle so it is impossible to shut off this alarm. if i cant shut the alarm off the car wont start, for we have this AMAZING little piece of tech shite that kills the ignition! i need to find a diagram for a fuse box relay so i dont have to murder one of my close friends. the owners maual is missing and i cant find one online, can anyone help me find one?
littlehellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 PM   #2
windman
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 214
gonna be tough considering you didnt give us a hint as to what model you have
i say just burn it
solve all your probs at once
windman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by windman
gonna be tough considering you didnt give us a hint as to what model you have
i say just burn it
solve all your probs at once
The answer is better than the question. What a huge surprise.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:43 PM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehellian
its very irritating, i have no drivers side door handle so it is impossible to shut off this alarm. if i cant shut the alarm off the car wont start, for we have this AMAZING little piece of tech shite that kills the ignition! i need to find a diagram for a fuse box relay so i dont have to murder one of my close friends. the owners maual is missing and i cant find one online, can anyone help me find one?
Yeah just go into the fuse box and take out one by one till it stops
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:45 PM   #5
windman
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 214
if it were that easy whats the point of the alarm?
windman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:21 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by windman
if it were that easy whats the point of the alarm?
My guess is that he's talking about the factory security system. You can shut it off with either front door lock. And it's not that easy. You have to open the hood or door to pull the fuse, both of which set off the alarm.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #7
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehellian
its very irritating, i have no drivers side door handle so it is impossible to shut off this alarm. if i cant shut the alarm off the car wont start, for we have this AMAZING little piece of tech shite that kills the ignition! i need to find a diagram for a fuse box relay so i dont have to murder one of my close friends. the owners maual is missing and i cant find one online, can anyone help me find one?

Since you didn't state the type of alarm you have, it is probably a factory installed alarm (don't mean to repeat wvhobo). In this case, I would call the dealership and ask them what to do. I doubt you can de-activate it yourself as trying to do so will probably activate the alarm to begin with.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 AM   #8
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Since you didn't state the type of alarm you have, it is probably a factory installed alarm (don't mean to repeat wvhobo). In this case, I would call the dealership and ask them what to do. I doubt you can de-activate it yourself as trying to do so will probably activate the alarm to begin with.
If you find the location of the alarm box, im sure there is a small harness you can disconnect, or some kind of switch on it.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #9
littlehellian
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5
sorry for the confusion, its a jetta GL and its factory installed so there is no passenger lock. just the drivers. id love to just take it and burn it, but its my only way to work!
littlehellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #10
littlehellian
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
If you find the location of the alarm box, im sure there is a small harness you can disconnect, or some kind of switch on it.

and in response to this, we did disconnect the sound to the alarm, but the lights still flash on and off like its being stolen
littlehellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #11
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehellian
and in response to this, we did disconnect the sound to the alarm, but the lights still flash on and off like its being stolen
At least my guess was 1/2 correct. Check around that area there might be a wire that is connected to some other box thats causing this. Otherwise take the system, go to the dealer, and shove i in his ass
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #12
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Otherwise take the system, go to the dealer, and shove i in his ass

That's a negative. The system can't be taken off without being activated (to the best of my knowledge) and the car can't be driven to the dealer since it won't start. Therefore, the only options are to either call the dealer and explain everything (my personal preference) or have it towed to them.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #13
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
That's a negative. The system can't be taken off without being activated (to the best of my knowledge) and the car can't be driven to the dealer since it won't start. Therefore, the only options are to either call the dealer and explain everything (my personal preference) or have it towed to them.
Nice thought if the car is still covered by the Warranty. He didnt give us a year, but that might not matter if he got it certified or it was an extended warranty. The system can be taken off BTW. He said that he disconnected a wiring harness to it and only the lights were flashing. He didnt say if the car starts or not, so if it does, you just drive it to them, and if you get pulled over because they think the car is "stolen" you explain the situation and show them all of the registration papers and such and they will let you go. Only problem you might get a ticket because some people may think yuo are a police car.
To the owner. Pull the fuses for all of the lights, and that should solve that, and then drivethe car to the dealer, and tell them what happened and exactly what you did.
However a better choice is just to hook it all back up, and call them because if you tell them you were tampering with the amarm, they might say that you ust broke it and they cant cover it since it wasnt properly dealt with.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #14
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Nice thought if the car is still covered by the Warranty. He didnt give us a year, but that might not matter if he got it certified or it was an extended warranty. The system can be taken off BTW. He said that he disconnected a wiring harness to it and only the lights were flashing. He didnt say if the car starts or not, so if it does, you just drive it to them, and if you get pulled over because they think the car is "stolen" you explain the situation and show them all of the registration papers and such and they will let you go. Only problem you might get a ticket because some people may think yuo are a police car.
To the owner. Pull the fuses for all of the lights, and that should solve that, and then drivethe car to the dealer, and tell them what happened and exactly what you did.
However a better choice is just to hook it all back up, and call them because if you tell them you were tampering with the amarm, they might say that you ust broke it and they cant cover it since it wasnt properly dealt with.

He did give us the year...1998. I'm guessing it's still under warranty. He did say that the car did not start. Read his first post.

It is probably possible to remove the alarm, but it can't be easy. If it'd be easy, every car theft would be simple since all you do is disconnect the fuse, or whatever. For this reason, I think it would be simpler to just call the dealer and have them take care of it, especially if it's still under warranty. Tampering with it might cause trouble later down the road.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #15
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
do you have a remote lock? and what do you mean by no door lock? like you cant lock and unlock the door? the door cant close? Im shure it might just be a simple contact between the door and the alarm's wire.
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.