Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 02:36 AM   #121
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
So..

How many guys in this thread that tell newyorker he is stupid for liking his car, or for liking Neons in general, were bitching at me that "no opinion can be wrong or should be insulted?" And are here insulting HIS opinion on what he likes?



Funny thing is PontiacFan telling me that opinions can't be wrong, yet he is one of the loudest in telling newyorker that his opinions are wrong...

This is why I come down on you guys so hard. You demonstrate daily that you do feel opinions can be wrong. And you chastice people who hold opinions you dont' like (like when newyorker said that out of all teh car choices to build something from, he'd use a Neon) Yet the moment I say that an opinion is based on mistqaken information, you get all self righteous about how opinions can't be wrong.
Exactly. Its my personal choice, and why does it bother others if I like my car. If they didnt come at my car so much, I wouldnt defend it so much and there wouldnt be any flaming because Im saying my car is good.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 AM   #122
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV

Funny thing is PontiacFan telling me that opinions can't be wrong, yet he is one of the loudest in telling newyorker that his opinions are wrong...

This is why I come down on you guys so hard. You demonstrate daily that you do feel opinions can be wrong. And you chastice people who hold opinions you dont' like (like when newyorker said that out of all teh car choices to build something from, he'd use a Neon) Yet the moment I say that an opinion is based on mistqaken information, you get all self righteous about how opinions can't be wrong.

I never said his opinions were wrong, because by definition they cant be wrong. I can still disagree with them.

Btw, the reason I didnt uses that joke in my first post was because I didnt see it until today.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:21 AM   #123
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
I never said his opinions were wrong, because by definition they cant be wrong. I can still disagree with them.

Btw, the reason I didnt uses that joke in my first post was because I didnt see it until today.
But you were post #7 on the thread. Unless you cant read, I dont understand how you didnt see it. Hows that vacuum theory going for ya?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:55 AM   #124
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
You really have no idea whats going on do you?

The joke didnt pop into my head until today. Hows knowing anything about anything going for you?
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:00 AM   #125
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
You really have no idea whats going on do you?

The joke didnt pop into my head until today. Hows knowing anything about anything going for you?
Better than for you obviously. I bet youre smooth with the ladies. Chase after them when they get done wasting their time with your dipshit self and go
"Hey baby I got a great joke for ya"
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #126
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
I never said his opinions were wrong, because by definition they cant be wrong. I can still disagree with them.


He says Neons are great cars, you say he's wrong.

By telling him he's an idiot for believing in his opinions you are saying they are wrong. And disagreeing with them, especially with insults and sarcasm, is exactly what you're saying *I* shouldn't do because "opinions aren't wrong."
Think about it.

If you can disagree with his opionions and tell him he's an idiot, then I can ALSO disagree with opinions I can prove are based on mistaken information. Yet you tell me that *I* can't do that, while you sit there and do exactly that, yourself.

That makes you a hypocrite.

One that doesnt' really understand the definition of "opinion."

Again, if someone said their opinion was that you could fix a broken wheel bearing with grape jelly, would that opinion be factually correct? And if it isn't how could it not be wrong? It can still be an opinion, it just woudn't be an opinion that was right.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #127
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Fair warning Chris. The next song and dance you're going to get out of him will be about his "false facts". Trust me, it can actually get stupider.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #128
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Fair warning Chris. The next song and dance you're going to get out of him will be about his "false facts". Trust me, it can actually get stupider.

You're an idiot. You really are. Is the difference between a fact and opinion really that hard to grasp? I even found you dictionary references to all of these things! YOU are dancing around the issue.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #129
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
You're an idiot. You really are. Is the difference between a fact and opinion really that hard to grasp? I even found you dictionary references to all of these things! YOU are dancing around the issue.
No. YOU are saying that peoples opinions are wrong.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #130
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
No. YOU are saying that peoples opinions are wrong.

Seems like the idiots little friend is an idiot as well. I'm not going to go over the definition of what is and what isn't an opinion again. Because frankly, its never going to get through your heads. I suggest re-reading all the definitions I posted previously.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #131
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Seems like the idiots little friend is an idiot as well. I'm not going to go over the definition of what is and what isn't an opinion again. Because frankly, its never going to get through your heads. I suggest re-reading all the definitions I posted previously.
I suggest you stop thinking youre right. You say opinions cantbe wrong, and then say that other peoples are wrong...a little hypocritical no?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #132
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I suggest you stop thinking youre right. You say opinions cantbe wrong, and then say that other peoples are wrong...a little hypocritical no?

Re-read what he says, opinions can't be wrong, but there is a difference between an OPINION, and a FALSE FACT. THAT is what he is saying. Something you have CONTINUED to miss, which is why I will edit it so you CAN'T miss it. BASICALLY by his reasoning you are saying 'In my opinion the new Mustang GT only puts out 100HP and 100 pounds of torque." THAT is a FALSE FACT. THINK TYPE SUBMIT.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #133
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Re-read what he says, opinions can't be wrong, but there is a difference between an OPINION, and a FALSE FACT. THAT is what he is saying. Something you have CONTINUED to miss, which is why I will edit it so you CAN'T miss it. BASICALLY by his reasoning you are saying 'In my opinion the new Mustang GT only puts out 100HP and 100 pounds of torque." THAT is a FALSE FACT. THINK TYPE SUBMIT.

Ok, but newyorker said he likes Neons and thinks they are fun cars. PontiacFan said he was wrong. That's the hypocritical part we're talking about.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #134
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Ok, but newyorker said he likes Neons and thinks they are fun cars. PontiacFan said he was wrong. That's the hypocritical part we're talking about.

I was only referring to PontiacFan's reasoning.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.