Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #166
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Great! You can be "Car Forums Ignorant POS" because you cant get it through your head that opinions cant be right or wrong. It is not your opinion that im wrong, it is a fact to you that I'm wrong. That fact is incorrect.
My opinion is that you sir are a dumbass . Cant argue with that its just my opinion. Also its my opinion that you are mentally challanged.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #167
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Also its my opinion that you are mentally challanged.

That is not an opinion. That is a fact that is false. I'm not classified in any of my medical records as mentally challenged. I've never taken a special people class in any school that I've ever gone to. So your fact is incorrect.

By the way, if your going to attack someones intellect, you should at least learn how to spell challenged.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #168
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
That is not an opinion. That is a fact that is false. I'm not classified in any of my medical records as mentally challenged. I've never taken a special people class in any school that I've ever gone to. So your fact is incorrect.

By the way, if your going to attack someones intellect, you should at least learn how to spell challenged.
And you should learn that "special people class" is not a proper phrase.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #169
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Jesus, why not actually respnd to MY questions rather than just bitch about me giving MY opinion? Hmm?

If I came on here and said "all 4 cyl cars are slow and rusty, like my old Rabbit L" and someone pointed out a drag racing VW Bug, or a turbo DSM, would I be looked upon as intelligent or worth listening to if I said, "I don't care what the facts are or who likes them, it's my opinion that they are all slow and rusty."

If I came on here and said it's my opinion, "all blacks are lazy theives who don't bathe" AND backed it up with the fact that I had a black roommate that never bathed, never held a job, and stole money, clothes, and CDs from the other roommates, would that opinion be looked on as acceptable, or even laudable? it is, after all, merely opinion. Would you say, "he's not racist, it's merely how he feels" to someone that complained about that opinion? Even if it was insulting and racist, why would anyone be offended or complain about someone on an internet message board that said that? Is it that internet message boards don't have real people on them?


Even positive opinions can make the person voicing them look stupid: "I love Skylines becasue their V8s are so powerful."
But the thing is, not all 4 cylinder cars are slow and rusty, and not all blacks are lazy thieves. But whether or not a car is ugly is purely opinion, there's nothing solid there that can tell you that car's pretty or not. There's a big differnce from liking the way a car looks and something that can be proved or disproved, like your 2 examples. It's pretty hard to explain, but pretty easy to get.

BTW, I didn't read past page 5 or 6 of this thread, and I'm not reading it again, so PM me if you have a response to this.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #170
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Just thought I'd revive this one as I remembered yesterday, a car that in my opinion, is the ugliest car, ever!

Meet, the Ssanyong Rodius:







I searched online for ages as I couldn't remember the name, just that it was Korean or similar, in the end I just tapped in "Ugly cars" to google images, lol. I think even ChrisV might find this one a bit too much to handle!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #171
Spade
CF Enthusiast
 
Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 174
Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #172
glagon1979
daddy x3
 
glagon1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: back in Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Just thought I'd revive this one as I remembered yesterday, a car that in my opinion, is the ugliest car, ever!

Meet, the Ssanyong Rodius:





I searched online for ages as I couldn't remember the name, just that it was Korean or similar, in the end I just tapped in "Ugly cars" to google images, lol. I think even ChrisV might find this one a bit too much to handle!

its not that bad. i've seen worse.
__________________
this forum is to dead to share a cool sig with everybody....
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #173
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
its not that bad. i've seen worse.
Have you seen the back of it? lol...Me thinks somebody tried to look like Mercedes....but failed, lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #174
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Have you seen the back of it? lol...Me thinks somebody tried to look like Mercedes....but failed, lol


Ssangyong is in partnership with Mercedes, and they do tend to use their styling cues. sometimes not as successfully. But they are aimed at a market with different aesthetic values, so...

How does it compare with the Citroen Ami6, Cliffy?

But, now we're doing exactly what I was saying to do to start with: looking outside your own neighborhood and your instant knee jerk judgements. Compare the eastern European and Chinese cars with cars sold in the west and you see a vast difference in design ethos. And Western cars that some inexperienced kids instantly call ugly, are far from being ugly when the entire scale of produced cars over the decades are taken into account.

How does a PT Cruiser, or even that Ssangyong, compare to cars like this:



Which of them would you rather drive to work on the highway if given the choice?

Remember, I never said there were no ugly cars. I said that well liked designs from major western manufacturers cannot logically be called ugly when put on a scale with all other cars since the start of car manufacturing.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #175
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Ssangyong is in partnership with Mercedes, and they do tend to use their styling cues. sometimes not as successfully. But they are aimed at a market with different aesthetic values, so...
Whoops, I completely forgot about that one, I remember the Musso (sp?) using Mercs 2.7litre Diesel engine....As for the Rodius etc being aimed at different markets, that's all well and good, but why bother bringing it to the UK? It's clear from how it's sold here that we'd rather buy a Kia Sedona as an MPV, even that is a bit of a beast

From what I see, you're comparing the Rodius, with a car from the fifties, and obviously I'd chose the newer model, regardless of looks, the main reason being, I'd rather arrive at my destination at a reasonable time....and in one piece! Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick! By the way, ugly is a definition used by opinion, in my opinion, lol.....if it didn't exist, it wouldn't be a word.....It's a strong word to use, and one that I only use when describing things like certain cars. I think we've been here before actually...de-ja-vu anyone? lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 06-19-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.