Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #16
blowthisbitch
CF Newbie

You guys need to suck a big wee-wee and just shut the hell up. You guys make me sick. I hate this website. I hate the administrator and I despise VWhobo, aka the bitch
blowthisbitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #17
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

The ugliest car? Is this a contest to see who can be the most insulting on the website? I can win if that's the case. Especially since the thread starter decided to pick on MY car.

The problem is it's a subjective comment designed purely to be inulsting and to show how little the commentator knows about cars. You dont' know half of the cars out there or that have been made, so you dont' have a frame of reference as to what the ugliest car is.

As for the PT, ANY car thati] had a waiting list for two years and exceeded production predictions by double for many years on the basis of it's style cannot be ugly by definition, whether some ignorant teenage kid thinks it is or not. Compare the sales of that to the sales of a car that was as well bult and arguably more practical: the Aztek. In the first year, the PT sold out it's production run for two years, forced a third shift at the plant building it, and created owners clubs even in Europe before it went on sale. The Aztek sold 14k out of a proposed 50k run and has been cancelled. Which qualifies as "ugly?"

And even the Aztek is nothing compared to many Soviet cars and early bizzare cars, like the Citroen Ami-6...

And yet this car has it's followers (though they do say they like it despite it's ugly duckling looks).

How about the Fiat Multipla?

Which they realized was a bit too funky for most people and redesigned it...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #18
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

The damn Volkswagen Beetle and PT Cruiser.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #19
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
The damn Volkswagen Beetle and PT Cruiser.

Wish I was closer so I could just slap the shit outta you. Did you read my post above?

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 01-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #20
jhains
CF Newbie

Ugliest car? I would have to say either the VW Karmen Ghia or the VW Thing
jhains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #21
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Wish I was closer so I could just slap the shit outta you. Did you read my post above?
Any time buddy. Yeah I read your post I'm not like some who read the title of thread go to the last page and say something. It's my opinion and I don't see it as a contest. I'm not trying to insult anyone. This thread asked my opinion and I gave it just like you gave yours.

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #22
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

How does one find this well-loved classic "ugly?" What exactly is your frame of reference that you compare to?

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 01-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #23
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
Any time buddy. Yeah I read your post I'm not like some who read the title of thread go to the last page and say something. It's my opinion and I don't see it as a contest. I'm not trying to insult anyone. This thread asked my opinion and I gave it just like you gave yours.

Doesn't matter if you're not TRYING to be insulting, you ARE being insulting. And in fact, by reading my post and responding that way anyway, you ARE intentionally trying to be insulting, as you didn't bother to let my response sink in and think about what was said so that you could prove you had more than two brain cells to rub together. And you don't have a frame of reference to make the statement.

But... since opinions are true (true enough that you'd rather defend an insulting and ignorant opinion rather than show you have the capacity to learn), then how about this? My opinion is that you're an ignorant, inbred, pole-smoking tonsil jokey. Is that opinion true just because it's my opinion? if I went around stating it would you be ok with that/ I mean, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just giving my opinion....

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 01-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #24
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Doesn't matter if you're not TRYING to be insulting, you ARE being insulting. And in fact, by reading my post and responding that way anyway, you ARE intentionally trying to be insulting, as you didn't bother to let my response sink in and think about what was said so that you could prove you had more than two brain cells to rub together. And you don't have a frame of reference to make the statement.

But... since opinions are true (true enough that you'd rather defend an insulting and ignorant opinion rather than show you have the capacity to learn), then how about this? My opinion is that you're an ignorant, inbred, pole-smoking tonsil jokey. Is that opinion true just because it's my opinion? if I went around stating it would you be ok with that/ I mean, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just giving my opinion....

I didn't say that was my opinion was true thats why there opinions and no I'm not a ignorant inbred pole smoking jockey.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #25
elchango36
WWJCD

Fugly has a name...Pontiac Aztek

What were they smoking???
Old 01-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #26
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

This thread is kinda hard to answer cause (to me anyways) there isn't really such thing as an 'ugly' car, just more or less desirable, and even then, what may be less desirable to me could be someone elses dream car.

Chris has a point here, but it won't make a difference as everyone has proven that they all have a different train of thought and have different ideas on right and wrong or ugly and beautiful.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #27
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

well from all the post in this thread it seems we have a winner with the most undesirable car being the aztek
Old 01-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #28
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Pontiac Aztek.
When my mom was looking for a new car 5 years ago (around 5 yrs), we went to the GMC dealer to look at some Yukon XLs and the dealer himself said that the Aztek was screwed up. A book that I got for christmas called Crappy Cars listed Aztek as, I believe, the #10 crappiest (number 1 was the Mustang II). I just plain think its ugly as sin. (lol...)
I also think that the Buick Rendezvous is pretty ugly as well (especially the back end).

As to the PT, I actually really like the car. We had one for a week when my mom's Town & Country needed a new tranny and I really liked it.

Last edited by StiMan : 01-03-2006 at 07:53 PM.
StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #29
jhains
CF Newbie

This thread is all about opinion. And if you like it or not I think the karman ghia is the one of the ugliest car ever produced. As stated earlier this is opinion and here's mine.
jhains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #30
glagon1979
daddy x3

the neon