Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2006, 02:45 AM   #91
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Oh, wait, insulting someone who is being insulting is bad, but being insulting to start with isn't. This is about responding to an insult with an insult, apparently. Had I merely started a thread that was insulting, you wouldn't have a problem with it, as it would simply be my opinion, and thus you'd defend it if people insulted me in return? Having a hard time following your logic.

Sorry that asking people to have some intelligence in a discussion is a bad thing. Maybe you should post at "simpletonsRus.com"

And yet I still have more experience and know more than you do.

On top of that, you get mad at me for flaming someone who is being insulting, yet you are here flaming me for being insulting... BWAHAHAHAHAHA! And you think *I'M* the fool?

You're a damn hypocrite. End of story.
fine, whatever. doesn't change the fact that basically you are asking somebody to deliver an un-needed level of detail on a relatively pointless subject where you seem to be very sensitive.

and while we're at it, don't try to play it off like you're trying to teach us all a lesson. this is an internet chat forum, and you are just another random person on it like everybody else. quit playing like your opinion matters more than others and making them justify their own to you.

you might be the shit in real life (and i seriously doubt that), but here you're no more a member than newyorker or myself, or anybody else.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 AM   #92
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
I could have swore we had a discussion on these boards before about how it was the school system to blame for the whole "It's my opinion, leave me alone" ignorance we have know a days??? About how the system switched to a less agressive teaching method in which nobody is wrong, and everybody is right.
Does anyone else remember that thread??
if we're talking about opinions on things that actually matter, then yes, having that mindset is ignorant.

but for subjects such as "ugliest car", calling that mindset ignorance is just being ridiculous. save your energy for debates about things that really matter. arguing over ugliest car is very little more than..."stupid" is the best word, i suppose. i would expect this of 12 year olds, but of adults?

puh-leaze...
Old 01-06-2006, 02:51 AM   #93
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
and while we're at it, don't try to play it off like you're trying to teach us all a lesson. this is an internet chat forum, and you are just another random person on it like everybody else. quit playing like your opinion matters more than others and making them justify their own to you.
Actually, his "opinion" based on many years of actuall experience does matter here, just like Vwhobo's often borderline flaming/opinion. Many of us came here to learn from guys like them. Would you rather have some 12 year old kid tell you the proper way to check your valves, or how to do a brake swap properly??? I know who I would rather listen too.

Quote:
you might be the shit in real life (and i seriously doubt that), but here you're no more a member than newyorker or myself, or anybody else.
Wrong again... oh wait, its your "opinion", that means you can't possibly be wrong!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 02:53 AM   #94
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Actually, his "opinion" based on many years of actuall experience does matter here, just like Vwhobo's often borderline flaming/opinion. Many of us came here to learn from guys like them. Would you rather have some 12 year old kid tell you the proper way to check your valves, or how to do a brake swap properly??? I know who I would rather listen too.

Their opinions are no more valid then yours, mine, solars, or anybody elses. The proper way to check valves and swap brakes ARE NOT OPINIONS, THEY ARE FACTS.

Quote:
Wrong again... oh wait, its your "opinion", that means you can't possibly be wrong!!!

Opinions cant be wrong.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:54 AM   #95
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
if we're talking about opinions on things that actually matter, then yes, having that mindset is ignorant.

but for subjects such as "ugliest car", calling that mindset ignorance is just being ridiculous. save your energy for debates about things that really matter. arguing over ugliest car is very little more than..."stupid" is the best word, i suppose. i would expect this of 12 year olds, but of adults?

puh-leaze...
So what, ignorance siezes to exist when talking about the lesser things in life. Things that dont actually matter, right???
Ok buddy, you keep thinking that...

oh and taking time to spell out "puh-leaze" is very adult like?

Last edited by elchango36 : 01-06-2006 at 02:58 AM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:57 AM   #96
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Their opinions are no more valid then yours, mine, solars, or anybody elses. The proper way to check valves and swap brakes ARE NOT OPINIONS, THEY ARE FACTS.
Oh so if a 12 year old with no actuall mechanical experience walked you through rebuilding your tranny I would listen to everything he said because the way he's describing how to do it is fact???

Quote:
Opinions cant be wrong.
Uh, you keep thinking that pal
Old 01-06-2006, 02:59 AM   #97
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

We certainly are arguing about semantics here, but oh well. Arguing takes entirely to much energy so I think I'll just sit on the sidelines and watch the rest of you fight it out...
Old 01-06-2006, 03:01 AM   #98
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Opinions cant be wrong.
In my opinion your are a worthless, cocksucking, 12 year old nobody who sleeps with his mommy and has never owned a car in his life that didn't say Matchbox on the bottom. Because that's my opinion it must be correct and based on your own words you can't even dispute it.

How does it feel to be hanging from your own rope?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:05 AM   #99
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh so if a 12 year old with no actuall mechanical experience walked you through rebuilding your tranny I would listen to everything he said because the way he's describing how to do it is fact???

If a 12 year old told me that they way to remove rotors was to crack them in half with an ice pick and pull from the sides, it wouldn't be his opinion. It would be a false fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
In my opinion your are a worthless, cocksucking, 12 year old nobody who sleeps with his mommy and has never owned a car in his life that didn't say Matchbox on the bottom. Because that's my opinion it must be correct and based on your own words you can't even dispute it.

Thats not an opinion. Everything you just said was a false fact.

Really guys, its a simple concept to follow. Think, type, submit
Old 01-06-2006, 03:08 AM   #100
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Really guys, its a simple concept to follow. Think, type, submit
No, it's my opinion and it makes it correct. If that's not good enough for you, it's my opinion that it's my opinion. You can't dispute it, you said that opinions can't be wrong. Next time take the balls off your chin before you address me. It's my opinion that that you need to, so that also must be right.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #101
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:

How does it feel to be hanging from your own rope?
LMFAO

Thats exaclty what everyone is saying, It's my opinion, it cant be wrong, oh except for ChirsV and Newyorker's opinion, there opinion IS wrong???

Yeah, sure thing...
Old 01-06-2006, 03:56 AM   #102
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
No, it's my opinion and it makes it correct. If that's not good enough for you, it's my opinion that it's my opinion. You can't dispute it, you said that opinions can't be wrong. Next time take the balls off your chin before you address me. It's my opinion that that you need to, so that also must be right.

No, its not an opinion. Its a false fact. You saying its an opinion is also a false fact.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:59 AM   #103
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
No, its not an opinion. Its a false fact. You saying its an opinion is also a false fact.
That youre a 12 year old loser?
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:01 AM   #104
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Okay Twinkie, I'll play your silly game.

1. Please supply us with a definition of "false fact" from three reputable sources.

2. How is it that you get to decide what is an opinion and what is a "false fact"? When you say something that is indefensible, it's your opinion. When somebody says something you don't agree with, it becomes a "false fact". Seems like a bit of a double standard to me.

Get the dick out of your mouth and start providing us with some facts.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:07 AM   #105
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

fact ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fkt)
n.
Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.

Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

o·pin·ion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pnyn)
n.
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
The prevailing view: public opinion.
Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.