Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
Introducing yourself

Instead of each new person making a thread for introductions, why dont we just make 1 thread named like "Introduce yourself here". I mean the intro post whooring would stop *cough* Greekwarrior* *cough* jk (me also) All the intros could be on one thread and it would be easier to just read the intros in a row since they would all be on 1 thread.

ps Greekwarrior that means that you wouldn't have to say Welcome to Car Forums anymore!
__________________
I always tell the truth,
even when i lie
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
Instead of each new person making a thread for introductions, why dont we just make 1 thread named like "Introduce yourself here". I mean the intro post whooring would stop *cough* Greekwarrior* *cough* jk (me also) All the intros could be on one thread and it would be easier to just read the intros in a row since they would all be on 1 thread.

ps Greekwarrior that means that you wouldn't have to say Welcome to Car Forums anymore!
That's a great idea. Then we could also make one thread that pertains to anything Honda, one thread for any kind of repair question, one thread to cover all questions regarding car stereos, and so on. With just a little bit of hands on thread management we could probably whittle this forum down to 100 or so threads. Think of how convenient that would be for everyone... Well, not convenient, but boring.

Post whoring will only stop when people stop post whoring. Certain members would just post whore one thread to death instead of doing it one post per thread at a time.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That's a great idea. Then we could also make one thread that pertains to anything Honda, one thread for any kind of repair question, one thread to cover all questions regarding car stereos, and so on. With just a little bit of hands on thread management we could probably whittle this forum down to 100 or so threads. Think of how convenient that would be for everyone... Well, not convenient, but boring.

Post whoring will only stop when people stop post whoring. Certain members would just post whore one thread to death instead of doing it one post per thread at a time.
no... cause the welcome to cf shit wouldn't be needed anymore. Someone would just say it once on 1st page and then the newbies would just write intos there...
__________________
I always tell the truth,
even when i lie
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Actually I think that for every new person that writes in it the same people now would go back and welcome each new person in the thread instead of going into all the threads and welcoming people. So they would have tons of posts in that thread instead of one post in all the indtroduce yourself threads.
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Hey, it feels nice to be Welcomed. I remember my welcome, do you remember yours?
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
no... cause the welcome to cf shit wouldn't be needed anymore. Someone would just say it once on 1st page and then the newbies would just write intos there...
I think it's a bad idea.....look at the members photo thread...I think it'll just get out of hand and look untidy
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Hey, it feels nice to be Welcomed. I remember my welcome, do you remember yours?
If I remember correctly, I was never welcomed lol, I joined before everyone started doing that (and Cliffy it seems).
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:28 AM   #8
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Hey, it feels nice to be Welcomed. I remember my welcome, do you remember yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Alright, Not good with big speeches, so here goes, I'm 15 years old, starting to look around for a car to get, just to be ready in about 10 months, even though I'll probably drive my parents' 2003 Nissan Sentra (Stickshift) so probably not, or a 1999 Dodge Caravan but beggers can't be choosers. I'm going into grade 10. I listen to Rap/Hip Hop, but I'm starting to get into a Reggae/Rock.

^^^That's mine...too bad it was done June 27th
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:46 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
If I remember correctly, I was never welcomed lol, I joined before everyone started doing that (and Cliffy it seems).
I didn't welcome you?....well, welcome to CF!

do youy mean that I was here before people started doing that?....Got a lil bit confused
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:58 AM   #10
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I didn't welcome you?....well, welcome to CF!

do youy mean that I was here before people started doing that?....Got a lil bit confused
Well this was mine lol: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10660

And no, what I meant was that I think I joined before you really got into the 'Welcoming of the N00bs' and before everyone else got involved in it.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:01 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well this was mine lol: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10660

And no, what I meant was that I think I joined before you really got into the 'Welcoming of the N00bs' and before everyone else got involved in it.
Welcoming of the newbs, and the dedicated forum, came into being long before I resigned my modship, and that's over a year now.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:04 AM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well this was mine lol: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10660

And no, what I meant was that I think I joined before you really got into the 'Welcoming of the N00bs' and before everyone else got involved in it.
I see lol.....I apologise
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:09 AM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well this was mine lol: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10660

And no, what I meant was that I think I joined before you really got into the 'Welcoming of the N00bs' and before everyone else got involved in it.

I would have welcomed you...but I joined the next day

EDIT: I joined 11 days later
__________________

Last edited by chris_knows : 12-21-2005 at 06:12 AM.
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:11 AM   #14
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Welcoming of the newbs, and the dedicated forum, came into being long before I resigned my modship, and that's over a year now.
Okay, well I never looked back that far so i wasn't totally sure. I think it was pretty much only Cliffy at the time then though.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:12 AM   #15
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I would have welcomed you...but I joined the next day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I see lol.....I apologise
Haha it's just a Welcome, as you can see it didn't change my mind about this place, your all a bunch of good people (except the odd one or bad day)
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.