Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #31
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Ive asked to mod since 6000

No offense but I do not believe that you would be a good mod at this point in time. ChrisV maybe, but not sure of anyone else trustworthy enough.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #32
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
No we do but that seems closer to a dream rather than something attainable
Seriously that is the worst problem CF has. If we try to do something about it, maybe improvements can be made. This site needs at least two, preferably three admins. The current number of Super Moderators and Moderators is fine (maybe one more regular mod). If this can be done, then this site will have far fewer problems keeping those members who were sent away from coming back. It really bothers me when I see the problems going on that could be solved simply by having an admin that stood up and took charge when he was needed.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #33
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
One thing to improve it is to teach Cliffy what the definition of advertising is...

I cant see how this is related to the topic.
What happened? I didnt see the posts that have been deleted.

As to modship: I think that we need someone who is active (and has been for a while), knows a fair amount about cars, and promises to not be prejudiced against certain members.
newyorker, I do not think that you would make a very good mod at this time simply because you are undeniably a post whore. Also I dont think you can simply "ask" to be a mod.

Last edited by StiMan : 01-07-2006 at 12:24 AM.
StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:43 AM   #34
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I cant see how this is related to the topic.
What happened? I didnt see the posts that have been deleted.

The topic is how to make it better. And part of that would be not having links to information or even just where your car pictures aer posted deleted simply because somewhere on the site there's some advertising OR they had been posted on another forum.

ye, there's a problem with spammers (and I try to do my part to link Bav to threads that are spam and advertising), but there seems to be a problem with determining what is solicitiation with the intent of drawign people away from this site or making money, and simply linking to other information or a better SOUCE of information for a particular question.

An example would be linking to a BMW marque specific site that has 30 or 40 pages of information that answered a question rather than cutting and pasting all that and all images in a thread here. Or if you haev set up a thread about your car with attatched pictures (that are larger than attatchemnts here allow), it seems logical to post a link to that description and those pictures, rather than repeating everything here and wasting CF bandwidth. If you don't own or make money off of or really have any affiliation with a forum other than your info is apready posted in a thread there, then it's not advertising. It's just normal internet ettiquette.

As for mods, leave my name out of it. I'm a mod on one site already and it's more than I want to deal with.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:47 AM   #35
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I understand that better ad protection is necessary, but I took your post as a direct bash to Cliffy for the main reason to insult him. If you meant otherwise I simply misunderstood you.
Im sorry you dont want to be a mod here because I think that you, Chris, would do a very good job (you know lots, are active and have been for a while, and are usually not prejudiced towards certain members).

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:17 AM   #36
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Darn go figure. I was gonna make some signs for ChrisV for Mod! He will solve all our problems!

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote