Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Evolution X

I know the Evolution IX just came out, but it didnt change too much from the Evolution VIII. The Evolution X is slatewd for an early 2007 release and are we in for a suprise. This is the Evolution that REALLY goes away from the current look of the Evo line.

What do you guys think?

So far mitsubishi promises at least 300hp and similar torque with an EXTREMELY flat torque curve. They say it have a clutchless paddle shift 6spd gearbox and an active braking system.

My thoughts: It's definatley a departure from the current sexy looking Evolution design. I think I like it, although I think it will have to grow on me because the current Evolution VIII and Evolution IX look REALLY nice. The more and more I look at it, it almost looks like a shorter TL from the SIDE profile.

http://www.acura.com/models/model_ga...a p=wallpaper

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 10-24-2005 at 05:30 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Personally I don't like it, but with the shit they are gonna put on it I would take one
Old 10-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
aeprominant
CF Newbie

I personally think it looks a lot better than the evo IX
aeprominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:30 PM   #4
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I know the Evolution IX just came out, but it didnt change too much from the Evolution VIII. The Evolution X is slatewd for an early 2007 release and are we in for a suprise. This is the Evolution that REALLY goes away from the current look of the Evo line.

What do you guys think?

So far mitsubishi promises at least 300hp and similar torque with an EXTREMELY flat torque curve. They say it have a clutchless paddle shift 6spd gearbox and an active braking system.

My thoughts: It's definatley a departure from the current sexy looking Evolution design. I think I like it, although I think it will have to grow on me because the current Evolution VIII and Evolution IX look REALLY nice. The more and more I look at it, it almost looks like a shorter TL from the SIDE profile.

http://www.acura.com/models/model_ga...a p=wallpaper

Looks better but at the same time starting to look like other models of cars if ya know wat I mean

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

those tail lights dont do it for me, but it is a pretty clean and nice looking car.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
enron fever
CF Addict

i sincerely hope they don't use a flappy-paddle gearbox. takes all the fun out of the driving experience, imho...

that being said...i wasn't really a fan of the newer-ish evo 8 and 9, but i'm even less of a fan of the 10 so far. it just looks like every other damn japan pocket rocket out there. big ass, curvy roof, squinty lights. completely lacking in character.

that being said, the kitty-litter box scraper hanging off the backside could be useful for someone with a "over-sized" kitty poop problem.
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
i sincerely hope they don't use a flappy-paddle gearbox. takes all the fun out of the driving experience, imho...

that being said...i wasn't really a fan of the newer-ish evo 8 and 9, but i'm even less of a fan of the 10 so far. it just looks like every other damn japan pocket rocket out there. big ass, curvy roof, squinty lights. completely lacking in character.

that being said, the kitty-litter box scraper hanging off the backside could be useful for someone with a "over-sized" kitty poop problem.

The paddle shift gearbox will eventually out and replace the standard manual gearbox of today. It's replacing every manual in every race league slowly but surely. Nowadays they make paddle shifters so advanced that no human could keep up or shift as fast as they do with a standard manual. It's a welcome option in my book as long as they get it right. Remember, in F1 it became so hard for the guys to shift that fast they HAD to develop a new gearbox system and then they adopted the paddle shift, been ther ever since.

At least the thing on the back is functional. Like the vortex generators on the Evo VIII MR and Evolution IX MR.

I dont understand why you think it looks like every other japanese vehicle? To me the Evolution (Especially the later models) COMPLETELY stand out from ANY other cars I've seen, domestic euro or japanese. Unless you know about some japanese cars I dont...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
Stefanm
CF Newbie

Evo X

This car is really cool and I`ve more pics.. I don`t know how you, guys, but I love this car.. fast.. nice.. I`d like to drive it.. I think it`s one of the best cars in the world, by the way I think that Mitsubish`s cars is one of the best..

>> MORE PICS <<

>> MORE PICS <<

Last edited by Stefanm : 01-08-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #9
newyorker
MXman

Damn sexy car.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #10
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

i'd drive it... but i'd rather it have "regular" seats in it... and i'd want it to seat 5, like the current Evo. but i'm sure they'll do that for the production version.

that, and like dodgerforlife said, i'm not to keen on the lights.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:13 AM   #11
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Looks rather portly
Old 01-09-2006, 06:16 AM   #12
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

It looks a whole lot better than the new Sti.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #13
ride3k
CF Addict

i like it, the front is nice, but the lines going to the back look to off, and its to much of a change i think for right now, im still drolling over the IX, gimme a few years before the X comes out

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #14
ahoo
CF Addict

to me personally, it looks very very beautiful. i must add also that it looks better than some other cars coming out, e.g. the new Nissan GT-R. and it also looks better than a 350z....

It's not cheating...............It's studying during the exam
ahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:12 AM   #15
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

It looks like its meant to have two doors....But not bad looking. I prefer the straight lines on the older evos...