Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

vette Vs vette..

ok, following my skyline Vs corvette thread i now want to know the benifits and disadvantages of a '69 stingray that has been fully reconditioned and a 2002 Z06 vette. i would like to know all that is feasible about the two cars, i.e. running costs, reliability, saftey and credability. thanks alot... and any links to pages that can offer this infomation will be appreciated.. thanks again.

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
ok, following my skyline Vs corvette thread i now want to know the benifits and disadvantages of a '69 stingray that has been fully reconditioned and a 2002 Z06 vette. i would like to know all that is feasible about the two cars, i.e. running costs, reliability, saftey and credability. thanks alot... and any links to pages that can offer this infomation will be appreciated.. thanks again.
This is really a pretty simple one. While in my opinion the '69 wins in the cool factor department, that's a subjective area so it is just my opinion. Objectively I think you'll find the Z06 to be a better car in every respect. 30+ years of technology will do that.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
This is really a pretty simple one. While in my opinion the '69 wins in the cool factor department, that's a subjective area so it is just my opinion. Objectively I think you'll find the Z06 to be a better car in every respect. 30+ years of technology will do that.
yeah, you see thats my problem here... before i was smitten with the Z06, but today i decided collage was far less fun than looking at cars so i went to an american garage and sat and stared at a red convertable '69 with black leather interior and a cream soft top. there is just no car on this planet to contest with those wonderful lines, every square inch of it has been lovingly designed BY HAND and that is what makes it so special to me, the Z06 wins in the speed, handling and saftey classes but the stingray just has this wonderful, casual and effortless coolness about it... another issue is i need to go on my parents insurance and they say i have to have airbags.. looks like the stingray wins the timeless coolness but the Z06 wins in this modern world.. oh well, maby i can save up and in years to come i can have a stingray too.. anyway, keep the opinions coming, i may be able to convince them that i don't need airbags...

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 03-17-2004, 11:49 PM   #4
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

I would say that the newwer ones have a warmer heater and a colder A/C. :-)

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #5
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra_LS
I would say that the newwer ones have a warmer heater and a colder A/C. :-)

...a warmer heater?

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:02 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
...a warmer heater?
And a colder A/C. Don't drop the ball!

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-18-2004, 08:21 PM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

wow.. i'm really won over now.. well, suppose someone had to have the most stupid comment..

Old 03-18-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
wow.. i'm really won over now.. well, suppose someone had to have the most stupid comment..

indeed.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:35 PM   #9
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

anyone got stats or a good link to them on a late 60's / early 70's stingray with particular intrest to a 427 stringray...?

Old 03-19-2004, 07:33 AM   #10
81'elcamino
CF Newbie

corvettes

the aluminum 427's are soooooooo nice
81'elcamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:12 AM   #11
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81'elcamino
the aluminum 427's are soooooooo nice
yeah. i know.. thats why i want links to find more about them.. (i dispare...)

Old 03-22-2004, 01:05 AM   #12
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

well, this is my 200th post.. .. might as well make it a pointless one.. ..he he he.. Vettes rule!!

Old 03-27-2004, 03:35 AM   #13
90BlackBeast
CF Newbie

69 Stingray vs 200X ZO6 Vette

Here is my take:

"Totally different animals" in three words!

'69-72 (early C3's, as C3 went from 1968 to 1982...there was not production 1983 Corvettes) are now starting to rise in value dramatically. The Z06 can only fall in value (many made, and the C6 will almost match the performance envelope to about 1 to 2 seconds in lap times on the race course according to sources at GM.

If you want to race with some very current, the ZO6 is the toy. If you want the classic cool factor, the C3's are becoming more and more desirable.

C3's are ancient from a technology standpoint. In fact, the big breakthrough in technology for Corvettes didn't happen until the C4 introduction.

If you want to learn more about C3's join CorvetteForum and hang out in the C3 group, the guys there will answer any possible question you could imagine on C3's.

Regards,

90BlackBeast
(1990 ZF 6 speed Black Corvette Coupe) (known as a C4)
90BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 04:43 AM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BlackBeast
Here is my take:

"Totally different animals" in three words!

'69-72 (early C3's, as C3 went from 1968 to 1982...there was not production 1983 Corvettes) are now starting to rise in value dramatically. The Z06 can only fall in value (many made, and the C6 will almost match the performance envelope to about 1 to 2 seconds in lap times on the race course according to sources at GM.

If you want to race with some very current, the ZO6 is the toy. If you want the classic cool factor, the C3's are becoming more and more desirable.

C3's are ancient from a technology standpoint. In fact, the big breakthrough in technology for Corvettes didn't happen until the C4 introduction.

If you want to learn more about C3's join CorvetteForum and hang out in the C3 group, the guys there will answer any possible question you could imagine on C3's.

Regards,

90BlackBeast
(1990 ZF 6 speed Black Corvette Coupe) (known as a C4)

http://www.corvettecavalry.com/1983corvette.html

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2000...ry/83/83p1.asp

http://www.idavette.net/facts/83.htm